iPad Metallica Revenge ($4.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mew2468, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Haha. Also, I think that tapping on an iphone would be kind of contrary to the message those guys are trying to communicate, and defeat the purpose of being a fan.

2. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    Why? You already bought the game, why would you buy the same songs on TTR3?

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Import songs not purchase.

With other Tap Tap games (like Tap Tap Coldplay and Lady Gaga Revenge) you can import the content from them into TTR3. This means you get the content in TTR3 for FREE since you have previously bought it. You could do the same thing in TTR2 and it's just more convenient to have all the songs in one game.

4. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    For everyone crying that their un-talented, shutup. Seriously they broke more new ground than any of the music you listen too, that goes out to all the hip-hop lovers.

Does anyone know if these tracks are in TapTapR3? For individual buy, not a whole 4.99 lol

5. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Fuel is free... :) On extreme it has 4 tracks. :)

6. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    sweet, thanks :D

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    It would seem to me that this anger toward hip hop fans is misplaced.

The general consensus is that the fake Metallica haters out there IRL and ITT (fake because you know they probably secretly listen to Metallica tracks and get all teary eyed when Hero of the Day plays but don't want anyone to know) are metal fans who "hate" Metallica because they "sold out".

Hip hop fans...eh. They either respect Metallica for the genre that they're in or don't have an opinion on them as they don't listen to metal.

Oh, and btw:

Common, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul say "hi". :cool: Not that they broke "more ground" than Metallica, just that they broke as much ground within their respective genre as Metallica did in the rock/metal genres.

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    And this is why the next band that should get a Tap Tap or rhythm action game is:

As the song says:

We want the funk,
    give up the funk,
    we need the funk,
    gotta have that funk

:cool:

9. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    #49 Kyle, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  10. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Really?

I just played "One" on expert I missed no notes on the solo!

11. synther

synther Well-Known Member

Extreme is no shit, its really hard! But how do you guys actually hold ur iPhone on extreme? Just with 2 thumbs or more fingers?

12. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    FINALLY, I knew this would happen sooner or later, going to download as soon as I can get to my ipod.

13. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    You knew the girl that just disappeared?

14. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Bought it. Like it. But ONLY on extreme! The other difficulty levels feel odd and wrong. The notes there are at the wrong place, even missing in some places.

The game also have plenty of bugs. Get a wifi alert during gameplay: the game finishes the song for you. Press retry and the game starts the song “null” and crashes.

Put the game on pause, sleep your iphone, come back playing and the sound is lost.

Put the game on pause, start a podcast (with the play key on the headphone), pause the podcast, resume the game and the notes and music are out of sync.

Send out some challenges and TTR3 (not TTMR!) gets a push notification for an award based on the challenges sent out with Metallica Revenge.

Not all songs are available in all difficulty levels. This is even worse, because only extreme seems to be accurate regarding the note placement and extreme only has 7 from the 10 songs.

Career mode is ridiculous, because songs which are locked in easy are already unlocked in other difficulty modes.

At all, this game feels unpolished and unloved. The bugs are annoying, but many of the stuff TTR3 makes interesting is missing. The complete online “song room” stuff is missing, where you could compete with others on the same Metallica song “now”. You just have the challenges.

Oh, yeah, and friend management and Tapulous network stuff is as unpredictable and not understandable like it was a year ago, when they launched it with Twinkle to the wider public :(.

But - big BUT: All Nightmare Long and Fuel in extreme are so great, that all these problem don’t stop me coming back to this game. I also noticed that some songs on extreme work perfectly with two fingers (like the two mentioned), while others need more fingers (Sad but True requires three). This means, that I can play All Nightmare Long and Fuel with the two thumbs like I’m used to, but still have the frantic speed and complex combinations. That’s great and REALLY makes fun.

I just hope, that Tapulous would finally fix their bugs…

15. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    O I love the game a lot. But, the note recognition is really poor compared to my all-time favourite rhythm game BeatRider. Sometimes I'm SURE I hit the note yet it says I missed so I can't combo very well at all. That said, battle mode has so much potential, the different difficulties are good, and extreme mode is really very fun even though it's very unforgiving.

16. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Two thumbs. I only noted that Sad but True in Extreme needs more, ehm, thumbs. Three should be ok ;).

17. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  18. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Morgan attended my church, homecoming date for junior year, and a long time friend. I just want her home.

19. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I hope she's ok and i hope she gets reunited with her family soon!

20. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    Oh I see! Thanks for clarifying for me! :D