iPad Meteor Blitz by Alley Labs (v1.6 - Retina Display)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Veratek, Sep 16, 2009.

1. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Yup. Working again.

2. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    my +1 is back on! :D

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    ... HOLY SHIT!

Meteor Blitz is to TBOH as Pocket God is to saintsalive or FAST is to shern or Aqua Globs is to DGH =P

4. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Really?? Are you gonna put "You know you like Meteor Blitz" in you sig?

5. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    This game is so much fun. I wonder how long I'm gona stay at # 15 with my measly 10096 score. Does anyone know if you get your lives back when you finish one world and move to the next?

Someone asked if this is better than Isotop. I think it is as good as Isotop. I love the ship customisation here. Just played for a few minutes, but I can see myself wasting many hours on this.

6. hyung

hyung Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Awesome, glad you like it. To answer your question, you don't get your lives back when you finish one world and move to the next.

Good luck in the leaderboards. My personal best has been in the 2.5 million range =D

7. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Thank god it was a relatively smooth approval process for this awesome game. I was starting to have doubts about whether or not it got rejected.

Can't wait to waste countless hours playing this.

8. Raider33

Raider33 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    ..............:D

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended!!! Very highly polished and FUN game! :) Wonderful app!

9. Alley Labs

Alley Labs Well-Known Member

Posting screenshots for those who haven't seen them yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Veratek you should update your post with an app store link and some screenshots :D

11. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I checked around and couldn't find it.

when you get upgrades, are they just for that playthrough, or do you upgrade your ship permanently? Like will I have to earn the upgrades each time I play?

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #52 darkhorse, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    nevermind

13. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Reeeaaaalllly amazing game. I'v been really addicted to this lately. Don't put it off as "another dual stick shooter". This game is definitely challenging, and rewarding at that.

14. Alley Labs

The game takes a snapshot of your ship every time you start a new world. So if you start a new game on World 2 or higher, you'll still have your upgrades (but if you start on World 1, you'll start with the basic ship).

15. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    thanks for the reply.

hmm. so you start off with a basic weapon and buy upgrades each time you play- does this happen in between levels, or just in a pause menu or something? How do you switch weapons? Just when you buy them or can you do it on the fly?

And how does survival work? you just use the starting weapon and it never changes?

16. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    ahh. So if you get to, say, world 3 and decide you don't like your upgrades or haven't gotten strong enough, you have to go back a level or two- you can't just build up your ship by playing repeatedly?

and then does Survival mode just use the ship from your furthest progression in the game?

and what about weapon switching and upgrades? when/where do those happen?

17. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #57 darkhorse, Sep 16, 2009
    Actually, I had my info wrong. You CAN start w/ an upgraded ship. Alley labs answered you there.

You can switch weapons on the fly. The tutorial explains how to change them.

And you can change weapons in survival mode.

18. Alley Labs

Right. In Survival mode, you start off with the basic ship, and then as you collect rings, your weapons are automatically upgraded (or you can disable the auto-upgrade and upgrade anytime you want by pausing the game).

19. Alley Labs

5 Promo Codes =D

WHKAX7EWK9NY
    XMYMP4NKRNPY
    P33J4FHA3LKW
    3FA3E9NFWP44
    XALRNJ3E9T6P

If you could take the time to rate/review it on the AppStore, we'd really appreciate it!

20. Raider33

Raider33 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #60 Raider33, Sep 16, 2009
    man...whoever gets those is going to be very lucky to snag this gem for free...too bad I already own/reviewed it since I seem to be the first to see it :p :) Very much worth every penny for those that don't get them in time though!!!