Metroid, Mega Man inspired game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rozgo, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jypsy

Jypsy Active Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Janesville, WI
    Looks great! I plan on picking it up once it is out, keep us updated!

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Looking forward to get my hands on this. Hopefully the controls are smooth as that is killer for these types of games.

3. Pinoykid

Pinoykid Well-Known Member

it looks amazing, cant wait to play this on my ipod :D

4. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Looks great. Only question is how big the rooms are in relation to the map? They all look the same so I want to know if they have different sizes.

5. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    the map shows perfect squares, but all rooms are assembled using different stencils, the bigger rooms are approx 5000 sq meters (for reference main character is about 1.8m)

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Can't wait to get this. Do you still have a long way to go on developing this game, or are you almost finished?

7. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    As promised, new (development preview) gameplay video:

This is the last and final sneak preview before the official trailer and gameplay videos come out. The music is not the in-game track, and the rooms were setup to favor the video. I have incorporated several features and fixes as per community request. Have received so many requests to finish the game and get it on the app store, that I want you guys to know that I'm working non-stop, exclusively on it, and will release it as soon as its done.

What's missing? 10 more enemies. Sound track. Sound fx mastering. General art and lighting pass. Gameplay tweaking, including weapons balance and level setup. Weapons powerup. Simple but effective in-game cinematic system. And beta tests. The underlying system for all this is complete and robust, so the list looks worst than it is.

I believe I'll be there by the first week of november, and after Apple's approval process (maybe 2 weeks), mid-november is a good target.

I'll keep you guys posted with more screenshots and will start with official videos once these can represent the actual game. Thanx for the feedbacks and support. And if you have more feedbacks, let me know, I'm seriously doing what I can to get these in.

On another note, I'm aiming for a steady 60 fps gameplay experience on the iphone, for extra smooth controls, this requires tricky tradeoffs (including sacrificing some graphics) and lots of optimization techniques. But as of today, we're still at 60 fps :) All possible with Unity 3D and support from their great dev team, check them out for your next project.

Cheers!

ps. And for the beta testers, maybe next tuesday, I'll have a gameplay-test candidate.

8. asolja

asolja Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    looking good

Love these games and on 1st impression would definatley buy this,never mind all the fancy crap try to keep it simple for us old timers plz.

9. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    this game looks fantastic .can i ask how much it will cost or a rough figure and how long about will it take to complete?

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Looks fantastic -- really pushing the envelope on the platform. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    huge metroid/mega man fan here, can't wait to grab this one.

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

omg!:eek:
    i cant wait till this comes out! im so excited!
    i hope ill get to beta test this!

13. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Nice

This game looks incredible. The physics really makes it stand out for me and I love me some Metroid-style games :).

14. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Any plans to incorporate Openfeint or preferably Plus+?

15. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Wow, this looks amazing. I'll be waiting for this one, gotta love Metroid/Megaman Inspired games.

16. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    looks like you are putting quite an effort into this, i cant wait for its release!

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #57 arta, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    That looks really great. A little concerned about precise controls during boss battles though. Nice Metal Gear Solid style music btw, even if it's not ingame.

How's the ingame music coming along, btw?

18. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I sent a request to the Plus guys a long time ago, they haven't replied. And not sure how I feel about Openfeint. On that note, how do you guys suggest me getting this out the door, through publishers or on my own?

Agree with the Boss battles. I need to build arenas that can serve the fight gameplay; not difficult, but requires through thought.

In terms of the music, I have received some demos, but haven't really found what I'm looking for; a full classical orchestral score (it can all be digital, but convincing, maybe with modern soundspace) with victory, uptempo and battle variations. I don't want to sound picky, but I would really love an original inspiring score. As it can turn out to be the unique identifying soundtrack of the game.

If any of you guys know a group that have or can create this, please let me know.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You should PM JoshCM about his experience partnering with Chillingo.

20. rohitvats

rohitvats Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Software Developer
    London
    Wow

This look really cool.. very well done!