Metroid, Mega Man inspired game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rozgo, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    Wow...this game looks very promising...Please, please dont rush this game...Im sure everyone here is like me and is willing to wait a little longer for a great experience. At least I hope so :D

2. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    For quality i agree with you, but for content I'd like it more if he made it come out sooner and make the more content come out in updates. But with apple's approval process that may not be such a good idea... I mean, look at how long Pocket God's updates are taking. (The new one's out)

3. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    i aslo agree that using two joysticks, one for moving and one for shooting is the best way.....

just look at idracula/minigore and how easy it is to maneuver and shoot at the same time.

it would be a shame for such an amazing looking game to suffer from poor control qualities..

also, def try to the +plus system working for the game... that way you can add more levels, and charge a small fee for them... or even more weapons.. ect..

4. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Also, a multi player system over bluetooth/wifi might be a cool. You could do team work or a battle against each other.

5. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
  6. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Yay! New screenies

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Great screens :D

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Did I miss something or did was he always that color. Either I am not diggin it too much and the enemies look out of place. I prefer the look of the original.

9. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    there a name for this yet?

10. He "WALKS" really fast, why didnt you make him run instead? *joke aside*

His walking animation seems like someone in a hurry but they are unable to run.

11. Ree

Ree Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance 3d Artist
    I rather enjoy the colorful new look. Personally I felt the game looked a bit monotone previously, things appeared to fade into each-other somewhat. As mentioned by someone the creatures may feel a bit out of place now, although I think that has more to do with the type of shading used. The background still appear very detailed, while the creature has a very gradient type shading. Perhaps adding some more detail to them, while still keeping the color would remedy that. Game is looking great in any case. So keep up the great work. Looking forward to playing.

12. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    how about this ?

[​IMG]

This new art direction is all from your feedbacks (more colors and saturation), less realistic more painting.

I still have to struggle with graphics and performance. I'm using no mipmaps, no texture filtering, no lighting, texture atlases, material batching and lots of other stuff. So we can still be at a solid 60 fps (and loading rooms in less than 2 seconds). The optimizations and sacrifices are too much for the artists that have offered to help, and the hardcore guys I know in the industry are quite $et already. Maybe sales will help me hire some peeps and get you a nice update ;)

The cinematics engine is done. I can now move on to campaign and story development.

I'm kind of excited on how everything is coming along. This community driven game development is lots of fun. It might be interesting to have an open online system that could help further integrate the community into all aspects of development. Developing story this way may be interesting.

Anyway, keep the feedbacks coming. Cheers and thanx for the support !!!

13. christophebailleau

Jan 23, 2009
    librarian and plastician
    Huy in belgium
    original look

sorry but i prefer a lot much the original look and colours, it was more personal, more mysterious, be sure , i have good tastes! keep your ideas and be sure of yourself
    christophe

14. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    +1 to that

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

personally, i like the new screenies

16. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    SWEET! like the look!!!:D

17. Sixxes

Sixxes Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    You should Add in a option to switch between styles. Oh, and add a thing where you have a hue and color slider, so we can change the chars color :D

18. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    +1 to that

19. HorseloverFat

HorseloverFat Member

Aug 16, 2009
    The new colour style looks great, good work.

20. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    You should have kept the monsters the same, but oh well. Also do you have a price set yet?