MICROMON : A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by batux1617, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    An Excerpt taken from Moga's Facebook post this past Thursday:
    "Ok, its end of month and the game is not ready yet... :'( so whats going on? I have to say that the team worked really hard the past couple of weeks to try to get it done on time, but in the process we found some things we really had to fix and granted... it is taking us longer than expected."

2. Levi

Levi New Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Marketing
    Bangalore, India
    I Need to Play

I'm waiting for this game........

As soon as Released this game .

3. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    This looks so good. I have both an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini so glad they took the time to optimize from the start.

Hope to have it by the holidays.

4. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Wouldn't count on that pal, although I hope the same! :)

5. Grummie

Grummie Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Mailman
    Australia
    Soooo no 2013 release?

6. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    IF they submitted it and it releases this Thursday then they will make tons of money over the holiday.
    Hopefully. :)

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Any news on the game?

8. skyhigh869

skyhigh869 New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    #288 skyhigh869, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Just found out about this game... Will buy if its paid

Looks amazing. How didn't this get enough money on kickstarter?

9. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Agreed, If the game comes out before the holiday or even during the holidays it will made a lot of money

10. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    I agree! Could make so much!

11. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    It would be foolish for smaller studios to launch one of their big titles going into the holiday iTunes freeze, where EA and Gameloft will rule during the holidays as they always do.

I'm also disappointed that its not out yet but I'd rather they release a finished product then something bug ridden.

12. adriilabsjoy

adriilabsjoy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    they just got an update on facebook

Holiday Update! - First and foremost we would like to wish you all happy holidays! This will be our Xmas gift to you (I bit late I know, sorry...).

Ok, so the battle system. This is the current version of the battle system (for you who have followed us since the very beginning you will notice that it has changed a LOT).

For those who want more details...

Change log:
    - Monsters were completely redesigned.
    - Implemented Attack animations (no more static sprites).
    -"Battle" button removed. Now you don't have to press it to have acces your move pool. This will speed up the overall battle pace.
    -Completely redesigned user interface, it looks way cleaner now.
    -We improved the backgrounds a lot. Depending on where you are in the world you will battle in different environments and this will have an impact in your battle.
    -We decided to go for a stamina system, your moves will be limited to the amount of stamina you have (very much like the magic system for classic RPGs).
    -We have a "turn bar" this will help you plan your strategy better.
    -We added a text commentary bar BUT it won't slow down the battle.
    -This combined with our skill customization system will deliver players a quite unique experience.

FAQ

1-Release date? Not yet...very likely until early 2013,sorry :(.
    2-Why are you taking so long? At this moment it's practically a one man team working on the game... I am doing the best I can to get it done on time. The UI also took longer than expected (fonts/menus/ effects) and we are still working on it. It's also Holidays season... ;)
    3-Android version? If we have a successful launch, an Android version is definitely on the table.
    4-Is it Freemium? The game is NOT designed to be a freemium game, by this I mean that we are just focusing on making a fun and complete game (a traditional RPG game, none of that energy exhaust system stuff...).
    5-Price? I don't know :S How much would you pay for a game like this? Let me hear your thoughts.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It would be a miracle if this game came out between January and march

14. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    What happened to moga?? Sounds like you guys are going through a rough patch..

15. skyhigh869

skyhigh869 New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    That's nice to hear, I was looking at the video again and the menu did seem kind of clustered. I would pay 1.00 to 1.99, but I can def see myself making in game purchases

16. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I would pay $1 - $2 for the game, but one thing. Is the stamina going to be like energy in other games? Where we can only play until our stamina runs out and then we have to wait a certain time for the stamina to replenish? Cuz if thats whats going on than that may be a slight turn off

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    They said no energy exhaust stuff

18. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I would pay at least 2.69€ (don't know what that would be in dollars though)!

19. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I'd guess 2$ to be a nice price.
    Maybe go for a intro sale for 1$ and after like 1 or 2 days crank it up to 2 bucks. Low enough to allow for some impulse buys and (hopefully) high enough to cover your expenses.
    I'd definitely buy it for this price!

20. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Slightly annoying how they keep postponing the release date! Wish they would just tell the truth about when it will be released rather then just saying a random date to make us happy for a short amount of time