MICROMON : A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by batux1617, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Why don't they post on here or Facebook a little more often at least a quick sentence?

2. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Fully agree.

3. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    This difference being with this is that they announced it bloody ages ago and even set a couple of release dates to then keep pushing it back, I appreciate they don't want to release an unfinished game and I wouldn't want them to either, I also appreciate that they are working very hard on the game and I am not slating them for that. I am just eager to get my hands on the game and get playing as it looks awesome, I just wish they wouldn't of set such early release dates like October 2012 just to put it back by months :)

4. adriilabsjoy

adriilabsjoy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    they just updated their facebook page :) check out their demo gameplay on their page

VIDEO UPDATE TIME! I know many of you have been waiting for this, after a HUGE effort we finally have a playable demo of the game and we wanted to show you how's the current battle system (an actual video! yay!! :D) and some other cool features we recently added.

Disclaimer: This is not the final version of the game.

Comments:

- Sorry for the lack of updates but I really wanted to show you something substantial.
    - I am extremely excited for the game. I've been playing the demo for hours just for fun. It really takes me back to the classic RPG era.
    - No release date yet :(
    - Since we have most mechanics/engine nailed down now we can just focus on implementing the actual storyline.
    - Why are you taking so long? Well lets say that the UI is to blame, it took us way too long to polish and implement it correctly. I also spent a LOT of time working on the transitions between maps. This is a HIGHLY manual process so it takes a fair amount of time to make it right.
    - I noticed someone started a Micromon Facebook group. I really appreciate the initiative and have no problems with it. I do, however, want to clarify that we did not create the group.

Change Log:

- We polished the encounter system, (there are battles were you surprise the creature and you have the advantage or the other way around).
    - You can find hidden items in the grass.
    - There are special versions of Micromons around. These creatures will give extra loot and exp.
    - User interface animations implemented.
    - Attack SFX implemented.
    - M-linker functionality completed.
    - And much much more.
    - Bug fixes here and there.

Feel free to share your thoughts and like always we thank you for following our project! I am making everything humanly possible to finish the game ASAP but I don't want to rush it either. I am working around the clock every day to make this happen! Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long but it will be worth it!

-MOGA

5. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #345 comicx90, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    As long as we've heard them, that's all good. :D

Edit: The battle system looks AMAZING

6. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    It's amazing alright!! I hope they can polish this game well ;)

7. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #347 J2o, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Those are the replies to a facebook post. Summed up, he's working alone on programming, but on art and animation, he's working with a team. For now, on programming, hes also working on capture mechanic, faster-paced battle, and bosses for the story. No gym leaders.

I can see it's beginning to coming altogether nicely. Cant wait.

8. TuffyCactus1

TuffyCactus1 Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I cant wait for this game to come out! I hope it is released soon. I will be one of the first people to get it. When WILL it come out? :confused:

9. tgdesign

tgdesign Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Anything new on this yet?

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Coming in 3012

11. adriilabsjoy

Nov 19, 2012
    they just updated their facebook status with a quick teaser video ,sorry i cant post the video here cause i dont know how to

MOGA :

Hello Everyone! We aim to create a very colorful and rich world for you to explore. Here's just a quick teaser of a town located far far away in the mountains! I hope you like it.

I've been passing around our demo and I am happy that everyone loves it so far! The only feedback we got was that some places had too much detail...So right now I'm in the process of cleaning some of them :p

12. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    same old same old

13. adriilabsjoy

Nov 19, 2012
    from this updated post i can say that the release is getting closer

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea we ALL said that last year as well. Screw it I say star command has a better chance this game to come out

15. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    They are still working on it. I believe they have to implement the storyline and then they shall be done. Soon!

16. TuffyCactus1

TuffyCactus1 Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm starting to think that this might be quite possible. :(

17. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    You never know. Anything can happen, this game could come out and surprise. The suspense kills. Although I'm still attempting to wait >.<

18. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hello anyone there?

19. GlitchSlap

GlitchSlap Member

Feb 20, 2013
    This game was screwed from the moment they decided on the name. Nintendo will get this removed from the ios store within a day of its release. I intend on downloading it, as it looks fun, but seriously. Nintendo literally has yakuza that will hunt moga down they will never release Pokemon themselves as it is the only thing motivating people to buy their products, and they will ensure no decent clones are ever put out there. The name, concept, battle system, and all other details in between pretty much seals this company's fate. It really is a shame, this looked so promising.

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    There's been alot of mon games and besides Nintendo doesn't own Pokemon if they did the app recently released wouldn't be on the store. Get facts right before you wanna be a douche