MICROMON : A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by batux1617, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    It's possible, if the campaign fails we will have no other option but to go premium as you said :( I hope we make it though!

2. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    ok, let's exchange some ideas my
    let's take the example of two game companies
    Gameloft and the FISHLABS
    gameloft started doing a lot of good games like hero of sparta, hunter and a new dungeon, all premiums and none of them existed iap or something else that would make the experience of the game was bad or painful (monetarily speaking).
    now they are working freemiums only see the bad games that came out to gameloft totally lost the credibility he had with great franchises on the platform ios because of that thought.
    see now the case of FISHLABS
    Galaxy on Fire 2 is a super game focused on the experience of the player without taking the gain of the studio, is a game DLC has its premium paid and nobody complains because it does not spoil the experience and is not monetarily painful for the player.

I'm in favor of you make a game with premium DLC paid as Galaxy on Fire is so does not spoil the experience of any player and nor is it hard to not have bought such a monster this item, or available only for iap, not to mention that generates income to you fairly and makes the studio can think of more games and then updates.

Of course this is my thought, sempr is at the discretion of you to do a survey among its customers possible and see what they think

A super hug and make a great game for us

sorry for my bad english but i'm a brazilian

3. Bhoy

Bhoy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    So this game won't be released unless people donate £43 k?. I doubt that's going to happen...

4. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    it will be release even if we don't reach our goal.

5. Bhoy

Bhoy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Thank god!. This game looks seriously good, the second it comes out im getting it!. I know developers don't like giving a date for release, but, do you think it will be out in the next 6 months?.

6. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    :D thanks for the support! We are pretty far into the development and we cannot afford to throw all the work away. Since the campaign is unlikely to be successful we will probably have to release a trim down version (but it will still be a great game nevertheless). In regards to the launch day I would dare to say by end of August (very likely but I can't promise anything). I am trying to get funding by other means, I hope I can (will probably sell my kidney lol....) but if not, you can still expect a Micromon coming to you soon ;)

7. Camaro8

Camaro8 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Yes love it ...I was really looking for a pokemon style game and I see there are a few finally coming out and its great ... Right now I will get yours first..Love the art style..it's bold, colorful and cartoony.

My question to you is will the day and night be in tune with real time ...Like if it's day outside it's day in the game..or maybe have and option for Real Time or Random.. Or weather ..say if it's raining outside it's raining in the game..To do this I guess you would have to tap into the the idevice's weather and clock..It would be cool if you could have and option..(hint) :)..

Another Question Replay value...will it be worth playing it after you have caught them all.? I hate that all the good monsters are left at the end of the game and you really can't use them or have a good place to fight and level them up. I think that every town in the game should have a battle area you can go to any time and battle. Maybe have 2-9 Micromon random trainers waiting to Get it On..!!!..Maybe like fight in a underground arena, old Tavern in the back room, a basement in a old abandon house, on top of a building or even a crazy place like in a old circus tent..that way you can always go to any city and find a place to battle and level up.. I have alot more ideas ..if you need more let me know :D...P.S. love how this game looks and can't wait to get it... price it smart.. $1.99 to 3.99.. around this area..What do you guys think?

8. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes love it ...I was really looking for a pokemon style game and I see there are a few finally coming out and its great ... Right now I will get yours first..Love the art style..it's bold, colorful and cartoony.

- Awesome! The team is very motivated. So far ppl seems to be into the art style and animations :)

My question to you is will the day and night be in tune with real time ...Like if it's day outside it's day in the game..or maybe have and option for Real Time or Random.. Or weather ..say if it's raining outside it's raining in the game..To do this I guess you would have to tap into the the idevice's weather and clock..It would be cool if you could have and option..(hint) ..

- We wanted to do it like zelda Ocarina of time (example: 30 min = 1 day) but this was one of those features that we wanted to leave up to the community to decide, the weather idea is great! *taking notes* it will be in our to do list, maybe we can implement it... we'll see.

Another Question Replay value...will it be worth playing it after you have caught them all.? I hate that all the good monsters are left at the end of the game and you really can't use them or have a good place to fight and level them up. I think that every town in the game should have a battle area you can go to any time and battle.

-yes it will have LOTS of replay value, the game will not be linear at all, it features a sandbox environment, you will choose where to start and where you want to go, so basically you can end up fighting higher level monsters from the very start, you just have to watch out where you go (or prepare yourself better) though cause u might end up battling way stronger enemies, so thats why you need to get to know the area and explore it carefully (its more fun like this).We also have online multiplayer :)

Maybe have 2-9 Micromon random trainers waiting to Get it On..!!!..Maybe like fight in a underground arena, old Tavern in the back room, a basement in a old abandon house, on top of a building or even a crazy place like in a old circus tent..that way you can always go to any city and find a place to battle and level up.. I have alot more ideas ..

-I would love to hear them all! Keep them coming.

if you need more let me know ...P.S. love how this game looks and can't wait to get it... price it smart.. $1.99 to 3.99.. around this area..What do you guys think?

- We thought about going freemium but if we don't get the funding we need we might have to charge from the start, and yes, no worries, I highly doubt it will pass the 3.99 mark in the event we go premium. :) Thanks for your input! I really appreciate your feedback!

9. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    oh batux the game will have online trade system, or just battle system

10. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    like i said to you go to premium i will support you

i'd like the sandboox features like the random battle in the cities, online trade (if will have), online battle,

i cant wait til august come

11. JRavey

JRavey Well-Known Member

If you have a playable demo, you should be looking for investors. Too bad you aren't in the US, else we could talk.

12. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    @jirayasama so far we only plan to include a online battle system. Once we launch the game and get the support& resources ($$$$) we need, we can get our own servers and add features, we wanted to add this from the get go but w/o kickstarter I doubt we can make it. By the way, how's Brazil? it's sooo cooooolllllll I hope we can make it to the world cup!

13. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    We do have a playable demo and we've received a couple offers from investors, but most offers are not very "favorable" :(... but I think that if we do some serious bootstrapping we can make a very complete game for you guys! :) and if the game does well (and I am positive it will) we can add the missing features through updates, so no worries, Micromon will be available no matter what! :)

14. JRavey

JRavey Well-Known Member

What would you consider to be favorable?

If you can bootstrap it, do it. Investors pay your bills, but understandably want a return; self-investment lets you keep that. I think your game will do great, so just keep up your fighting spirit!

15. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    Yes this is the positive thinking i'd like

O we here are hopefully think the governament can make a good world cup for all here

16. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    i think there is other way to do this, give a look in the monster tamer online features i think can help you in this question

17. JRavey

JRavey Well-Known Member

If the game is good, sell it when you think it's good enough to sell. Continue to support it to justify IAP and build your community.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow. The graphics are stunning. Both the in-game graphics and the UI just pound my eyes with their polish. A very illustrative example of how to use 2D pixels to top the looks of most modern 3D graphics. This might be one of the prettiest games I've ever seen, on any device.

Any chance you'll do an open world RPG with the same graphical style next? ;)

19. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks (a LOT!) for your input! I've been a little distracted working on the game, but I've read all the comments and we are definitely taking them into consideration. In the meantime, let me go ahead and share you one of our worldmaps

[​IMG]

Just how big Micromon's will be? Well imagine this map x 45 :D (subject to change, depends a lot on how well our Kickstarter campaign goes).

20. CodyDeluxe

CodyDeluxe Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    WOW! Too good to be true!