MICROMON : A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by batux1617, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I want this now

2. Darkenemy

Darkenemy Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Thanks for the reply moga!Also any idea on how big the game might be?

3. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #163 Chocolate, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Gotta say, the graphic design is really beautiful.

If gameplay can match Pokemon, you will sell untold millions of copies.

EDIT: also, I think you should go premium. Ask a fair price (maybe $3-$5) upfront for the full game. Maybe offer future DLC's in the future if it makes sense, like expansion packs etc.

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I say freeing with monster and added areas as dlc

5. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I agree. Go with the 2.99-4.99 range. If this is as polished as the screenshots indicate, then people will surely snap this up

6. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    If they are considering making it free then 69p should be a reasonable price

7. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    This looks awesome and ive been following you guys from the start and i hope it comes out soon like within a couple weeks and you should go premium with i say $1.99

8. NeonVoidJP

NeonVoidJP Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I agree with the 4-5 previous comments, definitely should be premium!! Well worth a couple of ££ at least :)

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I still say freemeium but no cheat bs iap but added story areas and monsters

10. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I'd rather pay $10 for a great Pokemon-like game. Freemium kills great games, anyone who suggests otherwise has not played freemium games and just too cheap to pay a cover price.

11. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Agreed, premium is the way!!

12. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Premium would be nice but as they and other Devs have mentioned, making iOS games that rely upon an online community usually requires free to grow the user base large enough.

Their vision for non offensive IAP sounds alright. Back before Mino Monsters gutted the world you could explore and quest in, I bought two of the premium IAP monsters (one for myself, one for my wife) that cost around $10-$15 each. Their 'candy' IAP currency was easy enough to earn in game, like a Nimblebit game, so I had no reservations about buying a couple of expensive, rare monsters to reward the Devs for a free-to-play experience that never gave me a pay wall. My wife and I did get many, many hours of gameplay out of it.

If its done right, like Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes or how Mino Monsters was (I can't get into it since they removed the explorable world) then I can see this being a success for Moga. Nimblebit and the Mino Monsters Devs have been raking in money and investments without preying upon their player base.

What's most promising that they will have non-offensive IAP is that they have fully designed the game and are just putting the finishing touches before they have decided upon IAP. That's how Nimblebit does it, they don't design the game around monetization but rather its an afterthought.

Moga, good luck and I look forward to your game.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I wanna play!!!

14. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    This game should be released in a week or two when it does ill be on it till I complete it. That's how bad I want it!

15. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    I'm so sick of waiting! This game looks awesome and I want it now!! Hahaha

16. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hope this comes out this month and I don't mean end of the month I mean at least in the next week or two.

17. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Francisco, California
    Looks cool! We like how you added the GIFs to your post - looks like you got some very interesting characters :)

18. moga

moga Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Thanks rumpus! Huge congratz on releasing your game ;) The characters shown were pre-alpha, they look quite different now :) Unfortunately most of them didn't make the cut :(

19. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mid October is approaching, I am excited!

20. NeonVoidJP

Jul 18, 2012
    Me too!!