Universal MicroVentures (by Micro Ventures)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by shero89, Feb 23, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Definitely. Cool to see someone else here that remembers those desktop adventure games. I remember having a good time playing Yoda's Stories.

2. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Does anybody know how many chapters there are for each hero? I hope there are a lot, as I don't want this awesome game to end too soon!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I also remember those. In fact, I have the original copies with me :D Anyone know if they would work in a DOS/Windows emulator in iPhone? Indy Desktop was MS-DOS, while Star Wars Yoda Desktop was Windows 95. Anyway, cool game Microventures has made here. Some loads freezed the game, but I'm sure they'll fix it.

4. StudioMu

StudioMu New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Hi everyone, we're Studio Mu!

Sorry for this terribly-late response, but we're very happy to see that people are playing our game (and sometimes even enjoying it).

Here's some quick info about us and the game:

- We're a humble student group from UC Santa Cruz, banded together for our senior comp-sci game design project MicroVentures. We did everything, from the initial idea and design to the engineered game you see on the Android/iOS app stores. For most of us, this was our very first serious game project that we had complete creative control over, so there's a lot of our personalities in this game. We got a lot of influences from games like Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, and the roguelike genre in general. By the end, we were extremely happy with what we made and were all able to graduate our major with flying colors! Many of us are now working somewhere in the tech/gaming industry in the SF bay area, but we still keep in contact and want to keep building games together.

- Like many of you have mentioned, this game is completely free! Free, as in, you're playing our full finished game with no barriers, ads, etc etc. In other words, we're not making a dime off of this game. Being that MicroVentures was our very first game, and was built with no plans for monetization (or as the CEO see it, tricks to drain your wallet for a watered-down experience), we decided to leave the game as it is and just release it for everyone to play, enjoy, or hate and (hopefully) give us feedback that'll help for our future projects.

- Though we're all very busy with our new jobs in the big scary world of adulthood, we still want to make sure that everyone has a great experience with our game. If there are any game-breaking bugs, or if you have suggestions or comments on the game, please please PLEASE tell us about it! We do our best to respond to every inquiry, and from the discussion here, it's a great start :D

Here are some links:
    MicroVentures website: microventuresgame.com
    Studio Mu's in-development website: studiomugames.com
    Emails: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (CEO)
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/microventuresgame
    Twitter: @studio_mu

Thanks again for all of your comments, you don't know how happy it makes all of us to see people playing our game!

5. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for sharing all this personal information. Congratulation for succeeding with MicroVentures - everything else would have been a big sursprise. It's such a great game with so much personality in it - so it stays (as one of only five games! - although I have bought thousands of them) on my phone for a very long time!

I still hope for an expasion or even MicroVentures 2 somewhere in the future - or even a possibility to throw some money your way, as for now I feel guilty for getting so much pleasure for free :D

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, definitely a big huge thanks for releasing this and making it fully free. It's a great game. I could see throwing a buck or two at a sequel as long as it's not through IAP.

7. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #47 CoreyFox, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Stumbled across this game in the App store today, and then found this thread afterwards.. Yes, it is a great little game..