Universal Midnight Star - an epic sci-fi shooter in 2 apps

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewzrd, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I'm sitting at this screen forever. How long does it take?

Attached Files:

2. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Jailbreak detection it wont let u past the loading screen if it detects u are jailbroken Thats why u are probably stuck if u are jailbroken

3. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    So we can't even play this if we're jailbroken?

4. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Take it from me, you're not missing out on much. I Have played this previously on my New Zealand account.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Hm... This game is so insulting on so many levels...

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Oh wow. Jailbreak detection? Hmm, let's see if it can be bypassed...
    However, not cool dev. Not cool.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Cydia: Officer

Let me know if it works, so I know if the game even works on my phone and worth buying.

8. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    If theres a will theres a way and fyi it is free to play so you arent buying it doesnt really have an agressive paywall either as far as i played through it

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Nope, doesn't work. It's still in alpha though.
    It's possible to modify the jb detection in Flex but I'm too lazy to fiddle around yet.
    If this game is successful, some community geniuses will get it working in no time anyways.
    Wasted effort on trying to making this non playable on jailbroken devices. They just could have spend that time on making the character able to move around lol.

10. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    I actually think you might like it-- we went into it with the same notions you guys have, but the nature of the control system, the real enemy AI that results in emergent behavior and the ability to control the camera make it unlike what the title "rail-shooter" suggests.

I'm a developer, so of course I'm saying this, but I encourage you to check it out. I think it might surprise you after a mission or two...

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Well yeah, I wanted to try it but I couldn't like many other users due to a jailbreak detection you have integrated. Why?
    It's wasted effort which you had could spend otherwise. Remove it please. Makes no sense and you'll probably miss out on customers.
    Meanwhile I was able to bypass this protection (see screenshot).

Attached Files:

12. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    I hear you-- we're just being conservative at first as we launch and have a bunch of people using the online services. We'll be examining whether it's worth it or not for sure.

So were you able to try it? And how far did you get? The game really opens up after the first couple of teaching rounds and once you get the pinch to zoom feature, the scores start to get interesting...