Universal Midnight Star (By Industrial Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 2, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sounds like things are going great now :)

2. Orderhere

Orderhere Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    "Midnight Star server is unavailable, try again later" when I try to register an account.
    Um normal? oO

3. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi Order-- sometimes if there's a quick intermittent disco or a server reject that can happen. Try quitting the app completely and go back in and you should be fine, but let me know.

Can anyone that was on a jb device confirm for me they're in the game?

4. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Is there anywhere to see what the trophie requirements actually are?

I'm referring to the daily, weekly and monthly ranks. The names don't give any indication of what influences your score and rank.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So excited to be able to download and play it now completely. Really enjoying the first few missions and getting the hang of it. However, I was really looking forward to the cinematic cutscenes like in the gameplay footage from page one of this thread... And I'm a few missions in and haven't seen one yet! Will they only play on certain devices? Or is there something I have to do to view them?

6. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    #206 hincy89, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    I'm in on jb device great game btw. Im also getting server unavailable quite often after missions and challenges though. I'm also getting heavy battery usage about 65ish % in 3.5 hours on iPad Air 2

7. Silver Light Storm

Mar 3, 2014
    Wzrd I noticed that evey gun has a number of xp you could earn but do you get it with every kill or at the end of a level?

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Did any of you guys see a cutscene in the beginning?

9. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Silver, you get the XP when you build the gun, and then you get XP at the end of every mission.

10. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    One of the cutscenes used to be at the beginning of the first mission, but now each of the 5 are unlocks as you go. You have to look for the little "film" icon before a mission (sometimes it's story dialogue, sometimes cinematic that tells the story right before all the bad stuff happens!)

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, cool. Thanks. I wasn't sure if my iPad 2 was too old, so I downloaded on my iPhone 5S to try it on there. Unfortunately, my JB iPhone 5S iOS 7.0.6 just crashes upon launching the app. But it works great on my old iPad 2. Gonna try a hard reset since the soft one didn't help. Can't wait to get to those scenes. And finish the comic too!

12. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Actually, we got an update up yesterday with a fix for the jb issue. Try grabbing the latest app on your 5S and see if you can get in now, and let me know!

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I did download the latest update and unfortunately that's the one not opening. I'll attempt a delete and reinstall and post back the results.

14. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cool, it should be version 1.0.49464. Let me know if you've got that on the one that works...

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #215 curtisrshideler, Feb 9, 2015
    Bummer. Yeah, that's the one. And it still crashes on startup on JB iPhone 5S but not on iPad 2. Hopefully it's just my device. Haven't had this problem with other apps, though. Other than JB, is there other protection on it? Or possible JB mods that might cause it to crash? I'd be happy to get rid of them if it's only a couple mods! Hopefully next update will somehow work!

16. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah it should work on your jb 5S now. This is the first report we've gotten on this front, so let me know if there are other mods on your device?

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #217 curtisrshideler, Feb 9, 2015
    I mainly use iCleaner, iFile, Safari Downloader, RetroArch, and GBA4iOS. So, I'm going through and getting rid of any packages that aren't essential for those. I'll see if I can pinpoint any problems.

EDIT: After removing any useless things, redownloading, doing a soft/hard reset, still crashes on startup. Hopefully other people with JB devices will redownload and give it a try so we can know if it's just my device or not.

18. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    What's the eta on chapter 2? Will it be a free update or purchase?

19. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    OK, a question. Is it worth it to buy Forgiveness or better to save it all for The Watcher? Is Forgiveness different enough that it is still worth using after getting The Watcher?

20. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Umm so I got 3rd place in beat a developer challenge and got nothing for a reward.....is this right?

A reward screen popped up but it was a blank reward....