Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    The DS has just upwards of a tenth of the resolution of a Retina iPad. Those adorable sprites would look like formless, indistinguishable blurs.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So you can only get the bosses if you pay 7.99?

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Looks that way, yeah. None of the other individual packs have the bosses, as far as I can tell.

4. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    So can someone clear this up....

I pay 5 bucks and play campaign mode to unlock factions?....but I can't fight any bosses (which are the a great part of the game) unless I pay 7.99 on top of the 5 bucks....but I'll unlock all the story campaign factions and units?

Man I'm beginning to get heated:mad:

5. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I think the unlocking packages applies only to multiplayer, and not to single player. You can unlock stuff for multiplayer by playing through single player, or you can pay for it up-front.

6. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    I believe the IAPs are only to unlock the bosses/factions/artifacts for multiplayer mode. They can also be unlocked normally by playing through the single player game.

7. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't think you can use the bosses in multiplayer unless you purchase them (which it looks can only be done via the $7.99 comprehensive pack). This is my guess based on how it worked for the PC version (bosses were a separate, purchasable DLC).

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Going to free up some space for this game.

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Okay thanks guys.... So all that is for multiplayer use? That makes sense, so everything single player related with the campaign is IAP free then? I'm looking to clear space right now...and man I believe the DS version was at 32 MB lol compared to 2 GB!

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    So if I'm understanding correctly, the 0.99 IAPs are all obtainable through playing the campaign, but the 7.99 IAP offers bosses which are not obtainable normally?

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Folks, it's your life and money, but for those of you who won't buy this because of the file size, if you're going to skip out on a game this good because of storage concerns, maybe it is time to consider a device with more capacity (as a long-term goal at least). Great game. I can't wait to play it in high def.

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    As long as it plays great on touch 4 I'm getting it

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Is it hot in here or did Ubisoft released again a Game with iAP in it? :D

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can someone link to a few full size iPad screenshots? The description mentions retina but the App Store screens still look blurry to me. If I can play this elsewhere at native res then I'll pass on this version.

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Its cold in Georgia lol. But geez it's only for multiplayer not like you "have" to get it lol

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #56 Mr. Charley, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    @Sanuku or anyone who has this now:
    Can you confirm how many gc achievements?

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I just got the 16GB iphone 5. My upgrade is like 2.5 years away, and I am already regretting not spending the extra hundred or two to get the bigger device. I had 16GB 3Gs for a long time and it was always enough, now I have the 5 and its never enough :(

Oh and judging by the reactions here this must be an amazing game, so I take it the 'fantastic battles' or whatever it says in the screenie is actually more fun than it looks? cause the battle screen looked dreadful to me.

Anyways will probably buy if I can find space. (Also, is multiplayer fun in this game?)

18. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    They are blurry unfortunately. But game plays great. And asynchronous multiplayer is great. :)

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is async multiplayer tied to the single player campaign and your character(s), and is there some sort of progression gains? (In Puzzle Quest 2, for example, you used the campaign character for online matches, with his levels and equipment and skills, and gained xp, gold and loot from multiplayer fights.)

20. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Finally! I've been waiting for this game to come to iOS for ages it seems. I loved it on the PC and 360 but I always felt it was more suited for the iPad. Can't wait to play it again.