Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    In between every few levels, there is a shop you can buy items or repecc. As far as i can tell, you can't sell.

Having loot color for rarity would be nice.

2. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I suppose you could sit there and just button mash if you wanted to, but then
    you would be missing out on some fun fighting.

Just be a little patient until you level up a bit to get a few more abilities.

Even in the beginning, you can still be creative in your fighting. Jumping in the
    air and then attacking will juggle attack enemies allowing you to move forward in the air at the same time.

You can attack enemies in the front ranks ,knocking them backwards, hurting
    the enemies in the back row.

Watch the enemies as you are attacking. As they begin to attack, move away.
    You can actually evade there incoming attacks and axe throws with a little
    practise.

I know the developers will probably not admit this game is heavily influenced
    by Castle Crashers, but it certainly scratches the itch for now.

A couple of things would be nice to see here.

Some kind of a story would be nice. At least give your character the ability to
    talk to injured soldiers on the battle field or people you rescue. They could talk about the war, how it got started, etc. This way quests could also be performed.
    Rescuing someone or recovering an item will yield a special reward .

A block move would also be nice. Timing a perfect block could trigger a counter
    move...maybe in slow-mo.

So far , I am having a lot of fun with this game!

Thanks

3. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Really would love color coded loot, that would be a big positive.

4. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Played the game for half hour so far. Too bad there is no story. I just move from one scene to the next.

But it is a lot of fun. Keys are good and the skills you level are nice. Pretty solid game so far.

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I love the game but is there a way to tell what items are better or more rare than others?

6. valariel

valariel Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    hmm when do you guys see the boss at stage 1 or is there any boss? i've played for maybe 20 min and reached the warden store and a few minutes after the store and have yet to see any bosses!

7. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I guess the fighting is a bit repetitive, but what's worse is the store.

After collecting a ton of coins (5k iirc) I finally reach the first store. And guess what? All I can buy are potions (which are already maxed btw), because all the other weapons start at 10k - 15k.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I agree the store should have way way nicer stuff!

9. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Did you guys at least get permission from Behemoth before you almost entirely copied there game?

10. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    In case no one noticed yet

When the Assassin is hit her coverings turns white, and then immediately switched back to purple after she gets up.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The artwork looks nothing like Castle Crashers and Behemoth did not invent this style of gameplay. But thanks for playing -- don't forget your consolation price.

12. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #52 Rhokk, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    Good game!

Ok here are my impressions/recommendations after beating the normal difficulty and getting to the 2nd harder go-through (there are 3 difficulties btw, normal-brave-heroic).

-someone already mentioned the assassin's mask is bugged when hit. It turns white briefly then back to whatever mask color you have on. I also noticed a bug on the description of one of the knights higher lvl skills. The reflect dmg back to the mob.

-I put all my stats into INT so far hoping to reap the benefits to "Better item find". I feel as if this game mechanic isn't working at the moment. I have +24% to this stat and I haven't noticed an increase in better items at all.

-Is the developer even making any money on IAP?? I only ask because the only IAP in the game is buying 4 different amounts of gold. I feel as if gold is worthless. I have 90,000 right now and every time I get to a shop, there is only crap listed. I haven't spent 1 gold piece yet!! Speaking of shops, there isn't enough of them... Seems like you fight for 15 to 20 min before hitting a shop. I am always eager to hit one up to SPEND MY GOLD, only it takes forever and I'm disappointed with the sub-par offerings.

-some people here mentioned color coding the loot. I want to also suggest adding rare uniques.

-maybe adding item enhancing via sockets, enchanting, or crafting? It's always good to have money sinks and your IAP would actually be viable.

-armor dyes?

-there desperately needs a sort of separation with game areas. Maybe add a small quick drop down letting players know when they entered a new game area. Example: Going from the area "dungeon" to "tower of pact" is totally unnoticed in game. This small addition would create a sense of progress for the player.

-how about adding more characters? I would gladly pay a buck or two for an archer guy!!

-normal mode was very easy, didn't die once. Last boss made me use 2 health pots though. I went back to kill him again and I don't have to use any now. Brave difficulty is a little tougher. Mobs seem to have ~2x the Hp and hit a little harder.

Lastly, good job with this. With a little more effort, you could make this good game a great one while earning the respect that Castle Crashers has.

13. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Loving this game so far. Great job!

14. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Dev, also make the Charge combo more accessible. I like pulling off combos, but since i'm rarely in the sprint mode, there's rarely a chance i get to use it.

15. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    I cannot do combos. Maybe the ipad is too big?

16. o0oJAKEo0o

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Correct, Behemoth did not invent this style of gameplay and the characters in this game do look different.
    But, are you saying this game was not modeled after Castle Crashers?
    If so... and because you stated that Behemoth did not invent this style, what other games would you compare this one to.
    By the way, the level design and the way the store (at the end of the level)is setup, it is SO CLOSE to Castle Crashers.
    Anyway, I do like the game.

What is meant by: don't forget your consolation price?

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I was trying to be funny -- like in a game show, when you lose and go home with a box of Riceroni (The San Francisco treat!) I guess I was in a mood when I replied.

Inspired by Castle Crashers? Without a doubt. But it's a big step to say that the game is a copy or a clone. That was basically my point.

18. o0oJAKEo0o

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Original...

Ahh... I'm just kidding. Cheer mate! I am really enjoying your game. Good job. I hope you guys keep the updates coming.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I am not the developer.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    :p

Hilarious.

Haven't played this one yet since Minigore is sucking my life away, but this sounds like a solid game that an update or two could make into a really good game.