Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #61 Amenbrother, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    So I have played this some more and wow this could be a great game with a few tweaks! I got to the second store and there was really really good weapons there but they cost way to much. I had a decent amount of gold (or I thought) like 15k I believe. But the weapons there where like 45k! Make a few changes and this would be awesome.

1. Color code loot by rarity.
    2. Add unique weapons or armor.
    3. Maybe a few more save points in between going to the next lv.
    4. I dont think the plus to INT helps item find.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #62 Greyskull, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    I certainly hope they make no money off of iap. Don't worry though, the iap will stay in when the game goes free.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Goes free when? Geez it just came out the free word is a bad one lol

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm just saying, look at the game. Look at the price of the game. Look at the inclusion of in-app currency. Look at the ability to buy that currency with real money.

Draw your own conclusions.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So how long you give it?

6. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Update: I've cleared all the way through "Brave mode". Was level 32 when i dropped the last guy. It will be awhile before I get to start heroic mode because you have to be level 40 to start it and exp is coming very slowly right now.

Actually died a few times now. Hardest boss by far is the one that freezes you when he charges.

Switched all my stats from INT to DEX and it makes combat a little easier. I'm at ~23% crit. Still haven't bought anything in the shops. Sitting at 320,000 gold.

Grinding for lvl 40...

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    1 hour lol :D
    Seriously I'll give it February 2013 until this goes FtP

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This is one game where they'd really have to tweak things to make money off the IAPs IMO. I haven't finished "Normal" mode yet, but it's waayyyy too easy.

So if they go freemium, I certaiinly won't be updating. Of course, I'll probably be done with the game by then. It's fun and I'm anxious to try the next higher difficulty, but with the amount of space it consumes, it's not as great as I had hoped. It's got the Castle Crashers mold, but nothing on that game as a whole. CC has way more diversity in enemy types, environments, etc.

9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The shop offers items that are crappy and it is expensive like hell. Just deleted this game. Being Grindy is ok but it's boring to a extent with gold not able to spend on some rare items.

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If it goes freemium they'll be competing with thousands of other better known, more polished games for those iap dollars.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well this looks like a one and done already. Developers havents said updated are coming or anything, sad since this really could of been really really good.

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well it is the holidays... Why don't we give it a little bit, like after the new year for a new response. Not every developer is going to be on here answering questions during this time of the year...

13. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    I am glad I've visited this thread, this is a great little game, better than that Wild Blood IMP. Only problem is I can't find anyone to play online, if any of you face the same problem, please add GC: Romeo Longsword for some co-op action.

14. Demonual

Demonual Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    ...but the updates are coming. Actually update 1.1 has been sent to Apple before Holidays. It should be available on the Appstore on first days of 2013. Features list below.

Holidays doesn't bother us too much, I'm painting stuff for Mighty Wardens content right now. I can say that we are working on two things regarding MW. One is a content patch with something like storyline event-adventures with new monsters/bosses, gameplay mechanics and etc. We have also in plans more significant item customization like helmets and armor variations per class and etc. But it all depends on how the game will sell in next year. We are only two guys so things doesn’t happen in a couple days. We want to do it, we got great pipeline and planning habbits, but it’s still an effort to stitch all features into the game.
    Second thing is something quite experimental based on Mighty Wardens and it has higher priority at the moment. It should be done the end of January/early Feb. Sneak concept I’ve drawn minutes ago as well as new monster types from 1.1 below, stay tuned for more.

Update 1.1
    - Sub-bosses are now health linked and their abilities have been tweaked. We have also added item parameter which increases their chance to spawn.
    - 3 new types of enemies have been added to the game. Flying Ogr/Undead, Goblin Bomber, and Phantom Blader. Each one with different attack types and AI.
    - Difficulties and many game balance issues have been tweaked.
    - Bosses can drop from 1 to 3 items when killed (Sub-bosses 1-2).
    - Skill Tree has been redisgned. Also Skills now cost gold and have levels, but when upgraded they are better than before.
    - Multiplayer groups are rewarded with more gold drops from bosses and experience bonus.
    - Shop can now be found somewhere in every level.
    - More item variations. Also higher level items cost less gold.
    - Followers can be bougth in a shop (Mighty Fox, Shy Vulture, Feraless Sheep and Devilogoblin). They pick up gold for you and have spells/abilities.
    - 20+ level items can roll with a skill inside instead of parameter.
    - Some GUI improvements.
    - Damage shown in the inventory is now Damage per Hit with all buffs and critical hits bonuses calculated in. Also it's now easier to compare found items.
    - Attack Speed has been replaced by the Block Chance as a new item parameter.
    - Many game fixes as well as some bugs have been squashed.
    - 10 additional leaderboards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #75 gemineye62, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks for sharing info about future updates for your game.

I think your game is terrific and this will only add to the fun factor.
    The new enemies look great!

Is it possible to add a few more flying characters into the mix? Maybe, even a creature that burrows under
    the ground?

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I guess I will have to eat my words on this game! I am excited the dev showed back up and let us know about the awesome update!

17. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    This game is awesome, just needs a few more for multiplayer to be really fun!

18. n00sipher

n00sipher Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Engineer
    Philippines
    Actually reminds me of Dragonica Online. :3

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Any word on the update?

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #80 Cilo, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Pretty sure he said a little after the new year.