Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I love the game btw, and very pleased to see an update in the works. I do have 4 minor suggestions so far:

1. Please allow Fan of Knives to trigger before jump. I understand the combo calls for a Sprint -> Jump Button, but the code should register that Sprint is activating Fan of Knives when the Jump Button is pressed after Sprint and cut to Fan of Knives. However it doesn't and the Assassin jumps then does Fan of Knives in the air and hits absolutely nothing. I do like the graphic though.

2. Please clean up the end game text. It is one sentence and a bit underwhelming for a full play through. I think it was something along the lines of,
    "The king doesn't have to worry about the crown on head anymore."

3. I beat the game on normal at level 17, which made the talent tree pretty useless. What I mean is I love the talent tree, maybe scale it a bit more, 1st point at lvl 5, second point at lvl 15, at least people can get a taste of the mechanics. Or 1 point every 5 levels, which would give a normal play through half of the tree and at least entice someone to continue to the next difficulty.

4. I didn't see a helm or boot graphic. I found helms and level 15 silver boots on the last level but was pretty surprised to not see any graphics on my toon change. Had that happened halfway through the game, I might've stopped, as my main goal is loot, loot, loot! Show me that loot please! Silver boots should not have the same graphic as Brown boots, and my original helm graphic should change when I equip a new one.

Aside from those quirks, I absolutely love this game. The advice I would give to someone just starting out is begin with the Assassin. The gear/leveling stats are clear with the class, and the ability mechanics are pretty lenient to casual play.

2. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    No multiplayer for iPod 4?

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Not every game needs multiplayer, I for one just want a single player game sometimes.

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Any word on the update?

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Update is out! I bought the paid version even though I had the version that came out on day 1. I love the colors and overall feel of the game but I wanted to do my part and help out a little. Anyways I cant wait to play some again after I gave it a break a bit ago.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Does the free version have what's in the current update?

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    So def liking the update so far, difficulty is higher than before and I like it better. I actually had to use a potion! Also the equipment seems to be class specific now which is fun! Feels like a dungeon crawler lol also i saw the added pets that seem pretty cool but cost real money. Overall so fun its a great update!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #88 awp69, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Has any more variety in enemies, etc., been added? I got this having loved Castle Crashers and - besides the lack if difficulty - the lack of truly different enemies started to bore me to death.

I don't want a clone of Castle Crashers (although a port would be nice), but still think there's not a single side scrolling game that comes even close to being as fun as that game.

The initial version of his game, at least, was disappointing, especially considering the installed size vs fun factor.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

So I cant speak on the free version but the paid one I can confirm I did see a new enemy from the very first lv. Some flying orc or something, I find this game very fun but I love loot and different classes to play with so it is my favorite type of game. Some people have favorite types of games like runners, or match 3 so this particular type of game is mine :cool:

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here's the change log from this update:

11. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Hi all, I tried the free version and it is a lot of fun! Especially the co-op multiplayer, it works surprisingly well on my ipod 4th gen!
    I wanted to ask: what are the differences between free and paid game?

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It says it in the free version description

13. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    I did not see it, thank you! I think I'll stick with this version, since I'm having fun using the assassin, and it's more rewarding unlocking classes as you play!

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #94 Amenbrother, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    ?

Wait I bought the fox IAP thinking he would be with all my characters but it doesnt... is that meant to be like that? If so that kind of sucks....

Can the dev confirm this?

EDIT: Well I just noticed on all your characters when you get to a shop you can make any of your IAP pets active or inactive, well done on that dev's.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    With that change log, guess I might need to clear some space to give this another shot (even the original version might have sat on my phone longer if it wasn't for the size of the game).

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow

So I am pretty impressed with this update, there is alot of little changes I am enjoying. Like seeing up or down arrows on equipment if a new item has better stats or worse than what you have equipped, being able to pump coins into certain skills you like to make them more powerful, the store being in more areas, and the re vamped difficulty and new enemies.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not sure if I'll have the room to redownload this right now until I finish some other stuff, but one thing that annoyed me about this game is the save system. If I remember correctly there was no way to save manually and confusing as to when it actually was saving (probably due to the lack of transition between chapters). So with the update and shops now in every chapter, is it set that it saves at the shops, which I think are between chapters?

18. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    The update enhances the game by alot. Worth re-downloading if you're on the fence

19. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Good!

Pretty good update! I am still checking all the new stuff out. One thing is for sure, they upped the difficulty by a lot! I have a lvl 48 assassin and have cleared all 3 difficulties. Just finished running through Heroic again just to see how everything was after the update. Got my butt handed to me on several occasions.

...more opinions to come...

20. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think it saves at every screen change.