Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I dont know I think it might be every time you hit a shop...

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Nah, I've been quitting the game at random points all the time and some levels don't even have shop areas. It might ALSO save if you make a transaction at a shop, but at the very least, the game saves at screen changes. It also saves when you die, so if you keep dying in the same area over and over again, you are still accumulated gold and experience.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Might be right. Don't know. Just was kind of confusing since it never says something like "saving". Or at least tell you in the tutorial that it automatically saves at such and such point.

4. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's not the most clearly explained game in general. The fact that you can move items that you left far behind you from your memory into storage isn't something I would have assumed, for example.

I am sure though, that if screen changes aren't when the game saves, it's somehow saving even more often than that.

5. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Never played before the update, so I might have missed some release blues, but I think this is fantastic. Why did it never get a touch arcade review?

Anyway, the great visual style and beat'em up rpg fusion gameplay is awesome. It needs some polish, and much more variety in the shop, but in general I'm gonna sink quite a bit of time into it. Might even buy one of the new pets, although I normally ignore optional IAP stuff, they look fun to use. Good job all around

6. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #106 SumoSplash, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah I've been holding out on this one for an update or two, and it sounds like the new update is pretty significant. I might make the plunge here, although I am still a little skeptical that the gameplay is a little too redundant, and there seems to be a major lack of voice, which also makes the gameplay seem a little sterile. I'm only going off the video though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    If any of you want someone to multiplay with, add me (The1chip) and send me an invite. I'm stuck with Brave difficulty until I hit 40, so I'm happy for all the experience I can get. I'm also happy to help any lowbies as well.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well great update update and all but its pretty repetitive still... The gear is not having me push forward to aquire more either so eh.

9. LotionMaster

LotionMaster Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Hey guys! I was playing pvp and it was really fun. Can anyone tell me if its better to go full strength or full agility?

10. Hound16

Feb 25, 2012
    I suppose full agility is the best for the better chance to fully block attacks, but I'm not sure.

I'm still having tons of fun with this, but there are a couple of things I'd love to see in an update: ranged enemies, archers that hide behind the rank and file and send arrows at you intermittently would really change up the formula of 'get to one side of crowd, pummel crowd with attacks and abilities, move a little if big guys attack'. Also skill combo diversification, with the exception of the ninja all the classes skill combos do exactly the same thing, with double jump being an AoE attack around you and moving jump hold a moving AoE attack. They look very different, but they do precisely the same thing. It would be nice for example to rather have the druid's bramble (double jump) ensnare enemies, but do no damage, allowing them to attack right in front of them but not to move for a while. This would significantly change up the strategies between classes, at the moment everyone feels sort of similar, although the basic skills at least are nicely diversified.

Finally, the pets are really cool, now how about being able to more fully customise your characters look besides the colour changing randomly when equipping different kit? Like being able to change the knights helmet to a skull theme or holy paladin theme or whatever.

Anyway, just some ideas, keep up the great work.

11. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I also feel like the combos are pretty useless other than the sprint.

Other than that, this is a pretty fun game.

12. LotionMaster

LotionMaster Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Is there a way to view the exp bar somewhere?

13. Hound16

Feb 25, 2012
    I haven't seen one anywhere, gaining a level is a surprise every time :p

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Any way to restore IAP's after deleting and reinstalling the game?

15. Hound16

Feb 25, 2012
    Awesome update is awesome

16. Demonual

Demonual Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    @Amenbrother, please update the game. Restore button is now in the main menu.

@LotionMaster, an experience is indicated by a small dot which travels clockwise around the resource on in-game HUD. In latest update we have enchanced it's appearance.

About full strength vs full agility. It depends on how you use your skills (some skills are based on critical hits) and your playstyle. With new mighty weapons and free for all arena it's even hard for us to tell which one is better. Playing against other players is probably the best way to test an efficiency of your builds.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Excellent, I cant wait to try the update!

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Finally picked up the paid version after waiting for a few version. This game hits all the checkmarks for what I like. Love the bean em up action, love the loot, and love the quality of the game. Granted, it can get repetitive, its still fun as heck. I ususally don't buy IAP, but actually may pick up the +loot drop pet.

The only request is allow screen rotation. And I haven't tested yet, but hopefully there's option to allow us to play our own music while playing the game. The only real downside is the size of the game..but not a big deal.

Anyways, thanks for a such fun game! =)

19. Demonual

Demonual Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Size of the game was dictated to allow faster loading speeds, better performance and etc. First and foremost we wanted gameplay to be smooth, and we think 250MB is not a big deal today. This game has almost 2000 graphic assets so it has to weight something.

We are now focused on the new game, but we also have a future plans for Wardens. It could be an expansion or a new game. “If” we would do that, what aspects of the game you would like to have improved the most if you need to choose only one? Storyline-quests, social aspects-multiplayer, character builds/customization. Or maybe something else? We got many ideas how to push this game to the next level, but it’s always inspiring to hear refreshing thoughts from gamers.

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Well, to get nitpicky..on my ipod touch it shows uncompressed size of 473MB. =P

But anyways, fun game. I ended up buying the pet that increases drops..and didn't realize the skill of turning enemies into chickens meant the healing chickens. Boy does it make the game more easy. Now its time to try a different character.