Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    I liked it very much! Beautiful graphics, wonderful controls... Feels great to fight, to move... Feels light. I guess this could the a game i've been look for since I got the iPad.

2. Demonual

Demonual Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    @tops2, of course you are right;) I am always counting only megabytes and time you need to download an app. That is why I mentioned about 250MB. Uncompressed MW obviously weighs much more and takes more place on a device. Good point, didn’t wanted to misinform anybody though.
    And yes.... Sheep is quite OP, she deserves a litte nerf in next patch.

@amdreh, Thanks, we are glad you like it! This game feels really great especially on the iPad Mini, dunno which one you got.

3. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    #123 amdreh, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    I played on the iPad 3. In some games, like Bastion, everything looks small even on the iPad, but this game makes a great use of the screen space.

I just feel sometimes it is a little too colorful. I can't explain.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..the number of chickens may feel op..but I actually can't tell if the drops have improved or not... Granted, I bought the sheep early enough so I can't really tell the difference.

5. anwar79

anwar79 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    First time playing it and reading the forums I think the devs are playing too much to the crowd that been playing it a lot complaining about the ease of difficulty.

I think the difficulty is all over the place. Sometimes easy and sometimes impossible. For example getting the enemies with armor ability is usually fatal because they aren't stunned by attacks. They also throw weapons and juggle you constantly so basically you get hit a couple of times before being able to do anything. there's no blocking function and jumping doesn't seem to be a valid escape method.

The IAP seems to be much pushed because evething I see in the shops cost way more than you can earn after playing for an hour. Everything is like 15k and you barely earn 5k. And the sad part is the items suck really badly most of the time.

A last note is that the stats make very little change in the game. For example strength only increases critical damage and not normal attack damage so you only see the effect once in a blue moon. Agility makes you slightly faster but the critical increase rate seems also flimsy. The improved item drop doesn't make sense and previous comments say it doesn't work. So maybe none of the stats really so anything ?

For improvements how about :-
    1) Better balancing to prevent you from getting juggled to death. Maybe a casual mode that's easier for non hardcore gamers.
    2) How about stats that do something immediately tangible like effecting damage directly rather than critical damage
    3) How about weapons store that's useful. Items that are good at reasonable prices?
    4) Maybe adding weapon improvements so that if you don't get any good items, you could improve the existing for some gold.

Just some thoughts as I have a ton oh time waiting for the bus to arrive :)

6. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #126 SumoSplash, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Thread Bump!

Finally picked this one up, since a couple updates have made their way through. I haven't played at all, but I immediately noticed the lack of screen rotation. I'm sorry, but this is a no brainer at this point. Can the dev please add this?

EDIT: Wow. After playing for about 15 minutes, I am really enjoying this. I like how the run kicks in automatically just by walking consistently in one direction, and it is a seamless transition. The combat is great and so are the controls. They are actually JUGGLE combos in this! That is fantastic. The only combo I have unlocked is the uppercut, but when the enemy falls you can juggle with the dash attack. The music seems pretty fitting and, although the graphics aren't anything mind blowing in terms of presentation, they do the job. The lack of voice from the characters detracts from the personality of the game, and the stats for the weapons and character screen is definitely confusing right off the bat in that not much is explained, and the pictures don't help in this regard. And as I said above, screen rotation is simply a MUST for any game. I'm baffled as to why it isn't here.

Definitely looking forward to the other characters and unlocking some more combos.

DOUBLE EDIT: These save/check points are terrible. You should go back to the section of the level you died at, not the beginning of the level. This makes an already repetitive game even more repetitive.

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hi. I come from the future to report that the best game of this style is called Wonder Blade! :)