GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Will be alot more I'm sure :D been a great reaction to your first game EVER ! congrats mate bet your quite pleased ;)

2. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Missing 2 achievements for 100% completion .. this game is so good <3

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Think I might've found another bug - I received the "Company Friend" achiev but the shop item associated with that achiev didn't unlock.

4. JackMule

JackMule Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Took it back, hehe.

5. JackMule

Sep 26, 2011
    Great job Mike and Mike! My favorite iOS game at the moment.

6. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    After spending over an hour trying to get 27:05 on 1-1 i gave up at 27:07. I just showed my littlebrother the game and in an attempt to teach him how to play i played 1-1. Got a time of 27:05 as Bob chicken, pushing myself down the leaderboard. Oh the irony

7. Andonisus

Andonisus Member

Aug 26, 2012
    I freakin' love this game

Title says it all - I absolutely love this game. It feeds my "perfect run" complex in a way I haven't experienced since Hook Champ. Tight controls, excellent level design, and great character make this a game I'm going to be keeping on my iPhone for a very long time. Thanks, developers, and congrats on your success with it - I can't wait to see more from you!

Now...
    Global Challenge competitors - bring it on, give me some competition for No. 1!

-Andonisus • 39,391 Challenge Total

8. craighinrichs

craighinrichs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I have been trying for the last hour to get 27.05 or lower. Best I can do is 27.17. I even tried the bald guy as he should have less drag. No luck. Trying the chicken. Must dominate!

9. JackMule

Sep 26, 2011
    You have to jump before you fall down so gravity can pull you faster before you get to the lower section.

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks you for the support, much appreciated!!!

Oh no! Isn't it crazy how things work out like that? Congrats on finally getting 27:05, but sorry to hear it wasn't your game. :)

Glad you are loving the game. Thank you!!

Haha! You'd think that no hair would help shave a millisecond or two off! Maybe we need to add a tight fitting body suit like what Olympic sprinters wear. :)

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Sorry to hear guys. And doubly sorry to you nfong because you seem to be taking the brunt of these bugs.

As I mentioned earlier, we still need to get to the root cause. But we have also been discussing how to fix the problem -- it will come down to cycling through all scores, achievements, and disguises and submitting scores/achievements and unlocking disguises that *should* have already been done.

It is going to be a brute force measure, so to avoid having to deal with doing it at startup, and tracking whether it succeeded, we will probably be adding a new button that you can press to do that when you choose to.

12. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Wow

This was a surprise! I absolutely love it! 100% completion in 4 hrs 20 min with most runs in the Top 100 or so.

I second the suggestion of adding someway to play alongside a ghost of the global top score.

Fantastic game, thank you devs!

13. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    My turn :D

14. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    And a big thanks to you!

Love it! In ways I wish I weren't one of the devs so that I could compete with all of you. I'm missing out on all the fun. :)

15. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    And thank YOU for being so active. In a way, that makes this game even more fun.

I've spent almost 5 hours competing on just levels 1 and 2. At this rate, let's see.....that's 60 hours on just the story levels! Yoikes!

16. ggps2gg

ggps2gg New Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Great game! This may be a stupid question but when I buy a certain item in the shop it automatically equips, and then I can't understand how to equip another item that I have previously bought? Also do these items have any effect on the character or they are just for fun?

17. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Do you have OCD?..... Lol that's hard core ,not that I can say too much, game I met mike on I'm sure u clocked up 100's of hours on cat physics ;)

18. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Good score smashed the previous top
    Well done I'm half way through challenges hopefully will give you a challenge soon as I'm sure some of these guys. Will that are still playing 1-1 & 1-2 , they could take a few months though the rate there going lol :D

19. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    There are no stupid questions! :) To re-equip a previous disguise you just need to tap and select it. And the disguises are purely cosmetic.

20. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Yes, very much so.

Never played Cat Physics, should I?