GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This game is just so perfect! I'll complete all levels with 3-stars, all coins and shorts before competing with times tho :p Local #1 tho xD

2. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes! I think we plan on definitely adding Joypad support. And I'm getting very tempted to go ahead and order an iCade. Need to get approval from my wife. It is our 15 year wedding anniversary today, so maybe she'll let me get it. :)

It has been a great day so far!

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    4.2.1, and also non jailbroken. I just tried rebooting and it didn't fix the problem.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Also 5/5 review on AppSpy (so no one can blame a TA bias)! Great job guys!

EDIT: Didn't realize metalcasket had already reported this along with other sites. Anyway, great game and well deserved praise.

5. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    #126 Prhaber, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    Dressed up as the joker...

Fantastic game. I'm playing with messy hair, the clown makeup and dark glasses - looks just like The Joker from The Dark Knight! Loving this game. Thanks for the Devs for making a game that's got no iap, addictive gameplay and is most of all FUN - something that's sadly lacking from a lot of ios games.

6. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC

Congratulations on a great release and on 15 years of marriage!

I'm absolutely loving this game. Very well thought out and just awesome all around. Well done!

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet!! When I saw that clown makeup I instantly starting thinking of ways to make Mikey look like the Joker! xD

And I totally agree! So much thanks to the devs!

8. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Finally a Platformer with a great flow and great controls. I usually hate score chasing, but I'm havIng fun with it here :)

9. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    hooked right after the first slide. damn they got the sliding soooooo right.

10. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Guys really nailed the controls.

11. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    We spent a lot of time tweaking the controls, so we're very happy with everybody's feedback! :)

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Congratulations to the Mikes on release and appropriately positive reviews. Mikey Shorts owned in the beta version and it qwns123 in the final release.
    Long live the Shorts!

13. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Totally addicting game and the controls are indeed awesome sauce.

14. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    See young Micky shorts is no. 25 in the gaming action section of the app store and no.26 in the arcade section got a feeling it will get a bit higher soon and well deserved too :D

15. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Hey Shaun, Micky/Mickey is a mouse. :D. We've realized that we should have added those as searchable keywords for the game.

And we have been glued to the charts today. Kind of nerve-wracking! Hopefully we'll continue to climb up the charts, and we've been reading the great iTunes reviews coming in.

16. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Sorry my bad just getting excited for you Mick!! lol :D

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    @Dev(s), could you clarify please:

Does the character move at exact same speed whether running, jumping, or sliding? It looks so to the naked eye, but wondering if there might be something subtle going on.

18. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Mikey has the same maximum horizontal speed whether he's running, jumping, or sliding.

19. jerzeeshadow

jerzeeshadow Active Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Professional Lunatic
    Twilight Zone
    Retro-Fantastical!!!!!

First of all, thanks to the devs for a really beautiful game. It brings back all those Mario memories of the 8/16-bit era! :D Thank you VERY much!

Now, like nfong, I have a 2nd gen iTouch with the same GC problem. Both the best times and achievements don't sync from offline to online posting. I have rebooted and reinstalled but the bug is still there. Oh well, its just a little dent in a beautiful Ferrari of gameplay! Thanks again!!! :)