Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Awesome news that Jeb have joined the MCPE team. I think the updates will come quicker now. At least i hope so ;). And there will be most likely be buckets in MCPE. I think thats really awesome because we really miss that feature in MCPE. But yeah the next update will be late January or begin february. So we have to wait a bit though..

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    The iOS version of this game is an admirable port, but NOTHING can touch the immersion that a mouse and keyboard gives you on a pc. It just... isn't the same with the clunky touchscreen controls.

3. Your definitely right that a mouse and keyboard is better than the touchscreen controls. But if you get used to the touchscreen controls it isn't that bad at all i think. But yeah thats my opinion right ;)..

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is entirely subjective. I much prefer the iOS touchscreen controls, both for reasons of immersion and precision.

5. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    #445 SmackDatButt, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    With Touch Controls, I personally think its more immersive than regular pc clicking and hitting buttons. I wish the crafting system could be something more like dragging recourses into that 3x3 grid we're all used to on PCM, instead of insta-creating the thing you wish to create.

I love mcpe. I feel like its missing a lot of small things that people aren't noticing (because as we all know, most people only care about content updates (not like I don't)) in terms of aesthetics.

Things like:

-Ingame background music like in pc

-recoloring of green textures like grass and leaves in the game (cuz it's a little too green)

Would be nice if that would be added/fixed, eh?

6. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Which one should I get??? This or mine builder???

7. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Deifnateky this, minebuilder is honestly not that fun and hard to get into.

8. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I still haven't downloaded the dreaded nether reactor update,
    It bothers me that they haven't sent out a new update to stop that thing blighting the skyline of player worlds all over.

9. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    The touch screen is great on my ipad, but on my iPhone I feel as if my fingers are too fat to actually enjoy the game. I always feel they take up too much space to play minecraft.

I honestly like the pc 10 times better, but I think the ipad is somewhat close to the real deal.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    My friend gifted me this and we played and found this nice bug:

First of all, go to the same server. It has to be survival btw. And preferably you've already started on it and you already have something.

Now go to some chest with anything basically. Open the chest on both of the devices. Now move the same exact item on both of your inventories at the exact same time. It works easier if one person deals with this.

Now both of you get it and it basically multiplies it. For example, we had 64 arrows, now we have 128! Our loot is HUGE right now. This bug worked great.

I don't know if you guys noticed this already, but if not, you're welcome. I had lots of fun with it, because after we did the bug, we had so many arrows that we could just go zombie/creeper/skeleton hunting without having to pick the arrows up again.

11. SmackDatButt

Jul 31, 2012
    Why can't Mojang just work on the simple things like Background music, or even bigger worlds?

Eden can do it, why can't Mojang??

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    They're not putting caves in because of performance issues? On what, an iPod 4? Please don't tell me they're still catering to that device. Just add a toggle or something. Seriously this shouldn't be that hard.

13. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I know right

14. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Background music should have been in the game since its release, and bigger worlds, if not infinite, should be one of their TOP priorities. For Christs sake, we can't load a world without it not having cactus, sugar cane, or mushrooms! This game needs LOTS of work, and I'm glad theyre finally realize what they should be working on other than this "nether reactor" bs.

15. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I'm thinking of buying this game but the posts talking about not enough space worries me. So that means almost no exploration? Just creating stuff and fighting zombies?

I'm playing Blockheads right now, it takes hours to go around the world(south pole to north pole) and crossing the oceans. And another hour mining to the lava center of the world through the caves. Minecraft can do stuff like that right?

I've played the lite version but it's old.

16. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Can anyone tell me if this game supports the iPad retina display??

17. SmackDatButt

Jul 31, 2012
    It does.

18. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I'm on the same boat. Blockheads is so much fun and I want to take the next step up to Minecraft PE, but I'm worried that it'd just be a letdown at this point.

19. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I enjoy mine craft way more than blockheads. Not sure how much more is doable in one compared to the other, though, cuz I really haven't played blockheads that much

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You may want to consider Junk Jack (2D) or Eden: World Builder (3D).