Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Holy mother of god

huge. Update. Just. Released.

#####################

2. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Wow, wtf just come out! Redstone rocksssss. Dunno what cart is for, is it suppose to hold something?

3. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

Yeah you can now mine red stone blocks but you can't build circuits with the dust yet

4. #584 dariusjr98, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Man, Minecraft PE updates used to excite me like no other game update, but now, it's more like "it's about time Mojang." What the heck are they doing?! They need to get their stuff in order.

I'm not going to lie though, this update does look cool.

5. Wait...the update came out today?

That's got to be some record

6. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Yep!

And im so happy along with the GTA:SA Release!

7. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    are there even caves in this game yet?

8. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    ^^^^^^^

9. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    No, still no caves, and still tiny TINY worlds.

The performance was increased so that now the draw distance is improved. The problem with that, is it brings home just how tiny these worlds are. You can load up a new world in creative, at maximum draw distance settings, and if you fly straight up you can literally see all four edges of the world at once.

At least the new full-time dev is getting stuff done faster, but it's still pretty terrible overall. I don't have a dog in this fight any more now I know a Vita version is coming, but this still isn't worth the asking price yet. Getting closer to being useful, but not there yet.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    World size has pretty much always been my main issue. Especially once they started adding more hostile mobs. Survivalcraft is going to remain my go-to mobile minecraft like game. Riding horses, exploring caves, fighting werewolves, farming, electric device building for traps and stuff... all the other stuff... with an infinite world :D . Still, I have high hopes one day MC:pE will get to what MC 1.25 was. That would be pretty awesome. Maybe once everything is implemented they'll start to expand the world.

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

And that's while I like the idea of Minecraft on IOS, Survivalcraft is still the superior game IMO.

I went to try the new update, but once I hit the edge of the world, I had to go back to Survivalcraft. Minecraft PE does what it does well, but when one game has caves and infinite worlds, and the other doesn't...

12. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    Disapointed !

I was so eager to play this with the kiddo ( I had refused to play with him at least until carts came in).. carts come.. multiplayer..

Kid goes 'this doesn't work, I cant sit in the cart'. Let me try.. lets see.. I can't even place carts (only the host ipad can).. I try place some tracks.. that works.. I try place some blocks.. uh oh, it keeps placing tracks. I cannot place anything but tracks...

I dont bother trying resetting and starting over and bughunt, thats not my job :)

Log off. Tell kid 'sorry, have to wait for a fix'

13. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Infinite worlds are already confirmed. Should be in 0.9.0 or 1.0 along with caves.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #594 nightc1, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    I'm looking forward to that greatly. It took 6 months between 0.7 and 0.8. Heck it took about 6 months between 0.6 and 0.7. Hopefully by June we'll have 0.9... but if it waits till 1.0, it may be a year from now.

EDIT:

Oddly, just noticed the lite version of MC:pE is gone. Strange. I know it wasn't up to par, but it was kind of fun just having zombies to fight against. I'm pretty sure I have this backed up anyway.

15. Really? That's awesome! That's all I want, then survival mode will actually be fun.

Oh, and full mod support.

16. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Mojang really are the worst for releasing broken updates. 16 million copies of this thing sold, and they can't even do a QA test on the main new feature. God that's pathetic.

I'm only bitter because I love Minecraft. Just bought it a second time on PS3 even. Seeing Pocket Edition still be so bad after such a long time is saddening.

17. OGN

OGN Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Developer
  18. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Is there a way to transfer worlds between devices without a PC?

19. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It's sad really. Mojang doesn't really seem to be putting much effort into this. Seriously guys. Take a step back and really look at it. They haven't been trying, it's been out how long? Is it because they've still sold millions of copies of it even being half assed? That would be sad if they aren't bothering because it's making them money already.

Look at the guy doing survival craft. One guy. Just as many if not more updates. Better game. Just no multiplayer. I have no friends so I don't even bother with Mincraft PooEater

Sad....Notch you were my hero baby but your letting PE coast. :/. Don't even try to say they are having a rough time. They coulda rewritten it by scratch in COBOL by now.

20. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    The new update with limitless worlds etc sounds like a step in the right direction finally! Anyone got an idea when it's being released though?