iPad Mini Dash - (by Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 26, 2012.

1. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Any chance of getting some insight to my questions please?
    Should i add a comment about the controls to provide more visibility..kidding.

So, is everyone trying to get the mushrooms on every level? I find myself dying repeatedly when trying to get the mushrooms. Whereas making it through the level, can be sort of a breeze.

Is it just me or is getting the mushrooms super difficult? Is it necessary to get all of the mushrooms? Or can I continue to have fun playing the game with only getting the mushrooms that I'm capable of, and not waste my time dying over and over and over trying to get the really hard to reach mushrooms?

2. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Some of them are quite tough to get, I'm stuck on one at the moment so I'm going to move on and come back for it later. I'm pretty sure mushrooms are just used to unlock new characters, bonus levels etc, and for the completionist aspect.

I'm easily gaining mushrooms from the challenges the game sets anyway, so probably no need to spend ages on one tough shroom.

3. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yah, I'm definitely working towards getting all the mushrooms in each level. So far I have 3-starred and collected all the mushrooms for world 1 and am working towards world 2 now. Will work on the perfect runs last ;)

Some levels are definitely easier to 3-star and some are easier to get the mushroom. You just really have to look at the level designs and plan out where to slowly slide down walls, run on the ceiling, etc. to get the mushroom. Some levels have multiple possible routes and you have to determine which is the least dangerous.

Collecting the mushrooms is really only necessary for us completionists and unlocking characters and bonus levels but you do earn them by completing missions too.

And I don't hear much talk about the secret areas and items. Are you people finding them too? Man, I really love this game...

4. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Really cool speed platformer to go along with League of Evil, Mos Speedrun, Bitless, Mikey Shorts in my collection. Would like to see left and right buttons implemented at some point but don't really have much of a problem with current controls. Easily worth $1.

5. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I think this game is the closest to Super Meat Boy I've played, from the hard/impossible to reach mushroom [bandaid] to the entire level trying to kill you, it really scratches the itch. Especially if you've already finished LOE

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    To those who've played this - how do you spend your mushrooms most efficiently?

I don't think I need the 40 mushroom Shroom Magnet because I can get to most mushrooms so far. Shields and slow motions seem like a waste at this point as well.

I've read that with a new character, you can get the mushrooms again in each level, so do you get new characters first? Or the Bonus Worlds, where you can collect extra mushrooms?

Also, are you completing all missions? Buying a 5 mushroom Shield to get a 1 mushroom achievement, seems like a waste. But maybe not when it's keeping 1 of the 3 mission slots occupied.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Oh wow this game is so good. Up there with 14px and Commander Pixman as the best hardcore platformers on IOS.

(Yes, I'm really late to the party)

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #108 rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Well, on ^that^ note, I'm either really late to the party..or really early for the next one ;)

Anyway, hopefully someone can answer a quick question; is this game optimized for an iPhone 5S screen or made to fit only a iPhone 4? Thanks in advance.

Richard

Edit: nevermind, answered my own question by buying this awesome platformer, this thing is stuffed FULL of content.

9. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    One of my favorite iOS platformers that was criminally overlooked by so many.

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I had a "break" from iOS gaming from early 2011 until late 2013 so this game arrived smack dab in the middle of that time. I'm just glad I've found it now :D

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    That's the thing with iOS gaming. Blink and your bound to miss something. Way too many good games than I have time. Thanks for the bump though guys! This is one of those games that I bought and never played.

12. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #112 Sash-O, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

True! True! True! True!

How could I miss the game!?
    I'm glad it's still available and only a buck!:D