Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Essentially, you want to space your turbos out to maximize their effectiveness, typically 1 at the start to separate yourself from the pile up at the first turn. Maintain this lead by using your turbos on the straights, once per lap, and nail your racing lines with the hatchback's excellent handling.

I'm not having a problem at all end-game with a fully upgraded hatchback, its basically the "Mario" of the cars. Its by no means the best, but it has the potential win if you cater your driving to it's strengths - which pretty much goes for all the cars in this game, which is quite a treat for giving it legs after you've beaten it.

2. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    Thanks for the tips :)

3. best

best Well-Known Member

anyone know if theres 99c sale

4. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    @Binary Mill I hope in 2012 you update MMR with online multiplayer but first I hope these issues are fixed:

1. While you are driving, if you touch the wall, you come to an instant stop. You can't slide against the wall, you just stop. Really gets annoying after a while.

2. The AI. They are too powerful and they like to bash you like crazy if you screw up once. For example, you're leading and you make a few mistakes, causing the AI to catch up to you. The car in 2nd place will come behind you flip you around. Then his 4 other "opponents" come behind and NITRO and flip your car over and over.

3. PLZ BRING ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

For now I'll give it 4/5.

5. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #405 spleen, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    For some reason I can no longer launch this app. No idea what's going on, It has worked up till now on the current version, and I haven't updated my iPad(2) or anything. I'd delete it and reinstall but I haven't been using cloud saves and don't want to lose my progress. Anyone have any suggestions? Tried turning the iPad on/off, restarting it etc.

All the other apps work fine, iPad2 64GB (wifi only), iOS 5.0.1 ~4GB free space. HD version of the game, by the way.

Edit: fixed after the latest update.

6. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    The newest update has broken the *tank* controls for me.....The car turns right no matter what buttons I push left or right....it always turns right !

No matter the car or track.....won't steer correctly in tank mode.

Please fix this....that's my favorite way to steer !

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The sound in the menus and menu animations are still jerky.
    After last update I had crashes as well. One of them while pressing "Continue". After the race finishes and winning position is displayed the framerate just drops. I hope it gets fixed as it really detracts from the game quality.

Mountain track has some kind of invisible wall the the truck slams into when jumping over a bump in the road. Cars should slow down if they clip the walls - not come to a complete stop. As much as I enjoy the other tracks - this track is just annoying.

I do enjoy this game, but it needs polish.

8. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

9. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
  10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

What about the "Top In-App Purchases"? Do you need them to proceed?

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm grabbing the Lite HD version to try. So glad you released a trial version to test out!

12. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Not at all! Progress feels very slow, at first, but it goes up.

13. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #413 DigitalB33R, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    pretty good game for ipad 1, still i feel i need the ipad 2 to get the full graphical advantage

14. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    BTW, any plans on adding analogue(!!!) iControlPad support? The steering wheel could be controlled very well with the left analogue nub. Now, the only way of using an external game controller is via Blutrol and using the drift mode, which is far inferior to the wheel mode.

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Devs should put such information clearly in the main app description text of the iOS App Store.

16. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Really enjoying this game :) The controls, artwork, gameplay - they're all wonderful.

My main annoyance though, is that if you can't get into first place or break away from the pack at the start, you might as well just start over. And this happens fairly often because it feels like all the other cars have more pushing power than your car, especially when they nitro (which goes twice as far as yours)

17. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    (Synthesyze Really enjoying this game The controls, artwork, gameplay - they're all wonderful.

My main annoyance though, is that if you can't get into first place or break away from the pack at the start, you might as well just start over. And this happens fairly often because it feels like all the other cars have more pushing power than your car, especially when they nitro (which goes twice as far as yours) )

+1

18. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    rewarding when you can claw your way back into first though. some tracks it is pretty hard. i finally finished the game this morning. I have to go back and get all first place finishes yet. i'm sitting about 89% for that. ruins can be particulary frustrating. :D

i just picked this up for the ipad too, can't wait to get an ipad when they come out. :p

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    If the devs ever see this, any chance you can add the option to have the joystick floating rather than fixed?

Also, have they said anything about online multiplayer?

20. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I really enjoyed the first cups in the career but at the moment I really don't like it any more. The game is crashing after two or three races and then the whole race doesn't count.
    In addition, the game is no racing game in the later cups. It is just dumb crash racing. Every other car is always faster, has a lot more boost and will always kill a clean race within the first lap.

Please devs, play the game by yourself and try to have fun with this way too aggressive cpu. No fun at all.