Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    If developers of games constantly catered to the small population that complains about the difficulty of games, then games today would be nothing more than unicorns and rainbows and all games would contain an alternate 100% completion save file.

2. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    This has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. It is just no more racing game. It just ends in a destruction derby and this has nothing to do with racing.

You cannot enter the first corner without being crashed several times and this just sucks..

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried the lite version and found it kind of unplayable. I tried all the control schemes and none of them seemed to work very well for me. I felt out of control and just wrecked a lot, which was frustrating. Other racing games like Death Rally work great, so I don't know why this doesn't, but it didn't for me.

4. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    I'm having some serious fun with this, though it seems there are some invisible obstacles that one bumps into at random times. Otherwise very enjoyable game.

5. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    for $2 its pretty good....i like all the maps specially the fruit ninja ones.

6. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Weird considering I tried the lite version, really liked the standard controls and purchased the game based on the controls.

7. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I only just came across this Mini Motor Racing recently on a mate's iPhone and can't believe this great game slipped under my radar. Brilliant graphics, loads of polish and excellent controls right from the start make this the best racing game I've ever played on a handheld device. This game deserves to be higher up the charts but sadly isn't. Instead people keep on going for boring old games like NFS :mad:

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    actually, Mini Motor Racing bored me to death considering how easy it was...

sure at first i felt it needed IAP, but once i used the default steering method, the wheel.... the game switched to easy mode or something...

never lost a race since that... maxed out my car and bout a car... still hadn't lost.... i deleted the game...

plus no online ._.

9. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Never lost a race?? I don't know about you but there were a few races where I did find the AI more challenging, to the extent that you'd need a near perfect race to win. I highly doubt that the makers of Mini Motor Racing would make the game so easy that it'd be hard to lose. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do such a thing.

It's a shame you've deleted it as I haven't got it yet. I played Mini Motor Racing for about an hour or two on my friend's iPhone and thoroughly enjoyed myself - this coming from a person who owns all the NFS iOS games, Death Rally, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing and Asphalt 6.

10. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Had heaps of fun with this one, finished it with the fruity one. The difficulty was perfect for me, not easy, neither impossible. Some tracks I did enjoy way more than others, is my only complaint.

11. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I'd have a lap or 2 of advantage in most races... i had only to finish 10 more cups to completely beat the game... my car was maxed out, and i was bored... so damn very bored...

this is the second time I've deleted the game... cuz the first time i tried playing with Tank Controls and i never managed to beat the Fruit Ninja Cup... I felt i needed to buy IAP money...

deleted....

reinstalled and tried the default Steering Wheel Controls.... Never lost a race... and again, deleted...

12. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Game Impressions

I don't know what kind of standards you have for a racing game but they seem to be exceptionally high :rolleyes:

Recent poster Samulaan shares the same sentiment as me...
    ...as do the numerous 5 star positive reviews across the App Store. In NO way is this game so boring that it warrants being deleted. I've played numerous racing games and Mini Motor Racing is by far the most enjoyable racing game I've played for quite a while! I played it for well over an hour non-stop on my mate's iPhone before I had to return it to him and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I almost killed his battery but at least I had a good time doing it :D

I totally agree with Samulaan when s/he says that the difficulty was neither easy nor impossible. It's difficult to find the right balance of difficulty in a racing game but The Binary Mill have done a fine job with that of Mini Motor Racing - at no point did MMR annoy me to the extent that I wanted to switch to another game nor did it come across as too easy in such a way that I did not feel challenged at all.

Each to their own as they say.

13. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

Mini Motor Racing 1.2 update coming!

Hi guys,

It's been a while since we had any news to share about Mini Motor Racing, but fear not, we've been busy!

We're in the final development stages of the massive 1.2 update to Mini Motor Racing and we think you'll like what we've been cooking!

• Full ONLINE mulitplayer
    You asked for it, you got it! Random quickrace matchup or invite upto four of your friends, ONLINE!​
    • A whole new Championship
    Hours of new content featuring 4 all new tracks with day/night and various weather effects​
    • Several new cars to upgrade
    All with multiple liveries, unique stats and style​
    • Several newly remastered tracks
    • Enhanced shaders on all cars for all devices
    • Many fixes, tweaks, polish and more!

So how much can you expect to pay for all this awesome additional content? Nix. Nadda. Zip. Zilch. Yep, nothing. It's a 100% free update to all existing Mini Motor Racing users to say thanks for all your amazing support.

The update is still being finished up, but we'll announce availability soon. For now, enjoy the concept art from one of the new tracks, Suburbia!

[​IMG]

- Ingmar

14. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    [​IMG] Thank you SO much.

15. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    That new track looks COOL !

Can't wait to see all the new stuff :)

16. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Mini Motors rules hands down. The best arcade racing game by a long shot. Best controls and I love that the AI drivers have personality. Each behave differently and keep me on my toes. I love it!

Too bad I cant say the same for that boredom fest called Reckless Racing 2!

BTW Binary Mill, when is the next update coming? ***cough cough... Online cough****

Mini Motors online will be just a blast since all the cars have different stats. I hate how in Real Racing 2; 98% of races consist of the F1. In Reckless racing 2, every one uses the Last car. So it's very good that Binary Mill was smart enough to not create a halo (fastest and best) car.

17. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I have to say I am slowly coming to agree with this opinion. Bought Reckless Racing 2 recently when the 99c sale hit, and simply feel it has veered too far off in its infatuation with physics. It feels refreshing to jump into Mini Motor Racing after that with it no-nonsense arcade controls.

18. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    holy...umm...this is so....i cant even finish...too good

nice update!!!!!!!!

19. myco

myco Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Student
    United States
    i have been waiting so long :D
    thank so you so much binary mill and team
    the game has a special place in my heart, reminds me of those mini rc cars back in the day...

20. podzilla

podzilla Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Just finished this game started with the racer for the first half of the track and finished the rest with the fruit ninja buggy. I have to say that this is my favorite racing game ever. I always want to like racing games but I can never quite seem to lock into the controls. For whatever reason, the MMR steering wheel control really clicks with me. It doesn't hurt that it's also a gorgeous looking game. I'm completely stoked for the new content and multiplayer.

One bug I noticed is that, after all the tracks are completed, whenever you've finished a race it goes to game credits and takes you back to the garage. Apart from this weird bug, I love this game, good job Binary Mill!