Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

This is something we are planning to implement - it'll actually allow full control of your upgrades so you can increase or decrease them to your liking (once purchased). It won't make the next update, but it is on the list! :)

2. TheBinaryMill

Thanks for the reports spleen - the wheel and lap counter bugs have already been fixed in the upcoming patch :) We're also looking into the reset issues on the bumpier tracks.

3. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Oh awesome. I figured someone would have picked up on them before me, but better safe than sorry.

I think that's everything even remotely negative I can say about the game. The rest is awesome, worth the wait.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Quick question, is there anywhere I can enter a my name or is it always "Player"?

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The game keeps crashing on me! Well, it's happened twice and I've had two races so far. Both times after continuing when finishing a race the app closes. Gonna go for the third and see if it happens again, then I'll reboot my device.

6. JTBentley

JTBentley Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Technical Director @ The Binary Mill
    Gold Coast, Australia
    A good reboot will usually fix it, the game uses a lot of memory. It's also a good idea to remove all the applications from your fast-app switching pannel (double click the home button to do this).

Are you using the iPad or iPhone version of the game?

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    iPhone version. iPod Touch 4th gen to be exact. I don't know if it's important, but the first time it happened the game still managed to save my progress having won the race, the second time it was as though I'd never played the race before. Rebooting now :)

8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Anyone have a link to the USA version in the app store? Been waiting weeks for this :)

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #70 MidianGTX, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    Played 4 races since rebooting and no more crashes :)

The game does stutter very slightly during races and even a little while in the menus, but it's not enough to hamper the experience at all. I'd imagine it runs perfectly on a 4S.

Edit: Spoke too soon! It crashed again after the 5th race. No other apps running in the background.

11. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
  12. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    #72 jwm2, Dec 8, 2011
    First Impressions

After having played this game for the last 20-30 minutes all i can say is WOW. This game is amazing. Its everything i hoped it would be and i am very excited to see what kind of updates they are going to come out with in the coming weeks.

The controls are dead on. I have been using the stock steering wheel and the cars couldn't control any better. The nitros while probably unnecessary, really add to the overall frenzy and makes it that much more fun to play. I have yet to upgrade my vehicle but i'm only half way through the 3rd set of tracks and haven't yet felt like i've been jipped out of a win. It is progressively getting harder and harder to maintain the lead, but that just makes it that much more exciting to play.

Having raced nitro rc's in the past, this game really brings back the fun in racing. Its not a serious simulation but then again its not suppose to be. Its just balls to the wall fun from the moment you pick it up until the moment you set it down. Loading times are non-existant and the track layouts are beautiful. I can't wait to start upgrading my vehicle, but as a previous poster pointed out there is no way to undo them right now, so i'll see how far i can get before i feel the need.

I can see how some folks might not like the feel of the game, but for me its perfect. Its suppose to be an arcade racer that doesn't take itself too seriously. If you don't finish a race in first place, its not a big deal. Just give it another go. The races are only a minute or 2 in length so you never get the feeling you've been robbed if you don't finish in first place.

Above all this game is just flat out fun, and well worth the asking price. I couldn't have spent my money any better. I might even spring for some IAP just so I can live with myself ;) I really feel as if i've robbed them by only paying $2 for this masterpiece.

Thank you Binary Mill you've created a masterpiece that will have a permanent home on my iPhone 4S and all future iOS devices i should own from here on out! :)

Ok back to the game.

13. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    It's been doing the same thing on me in the exact same spot !

I'm playing on a iPad 1 too....Tried rebooting and ending all other apps.....that did seem to help....but it's still a little crashy.

I have to say though....I LOVE this game....really terrific.

Fix the crashing and it's a sure fire winner !:)

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll echo all the positive sentiments about the game. Crashes aside, it's fantastic... and this coming from somebody who traditionally doesn't enjoy iOS racing games much at all. I'd welcome any updates to improve the performance, but other than that I can't really see any flaws to speak of.

15. TheBinaryMill

Thanks for the feedback everyone - great to see people are enjoying the game! :)

For those encountering some crash issues, we've implemented some optimizations in the upcoming update that should help.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for a great racer. And yes Midian: on a 4S the game is phenomenal.

17. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I've been thinking the only things this game could possibly be missing is some oil slicks, water puddles and speed zips from rc pro am. That way you can push cars into the hazards to slow them down and on the straight aways you can hit the zips to speed you through that area. I love how the game is though just as it is, but those few little tweaks would really put another coat of polish on this already stellar game.

18. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    This is truly an amazing game. I can't stop playing. It might be a while before I stop to review it. It is just too fun;)

19. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    #79 jwm2, Dec 8, 2011
    I gotta say the amount of content in this game is staggering. I've been playing for nearly an hour and i just checked to see how many more circuits there are. I just finished the fruit ninja circuit and theres like 15-20 circuits yet to conquer! (I just counted and there are 24 more circuits until i reach the end!)

I might be going out on a limb here, but this may very well be the best game i have ever played. And video games are how i make a living, so thats saying a lot. I've been playing games for nearly 25 years and this is the most fun i've ever recalled having. I love the fact you can just pick it up and play. This is one of those games made for dads to enjoy.

Over the years i've distanced myself from most of the popular FPS type games because they require a commitment in order to play them, this game on the other hand you can pick up and play and set it back down and go about your business. I just can't say enough. Thanks again Binary Mill, you've created a monster!

20. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm glad to continue hearing all of the positive reviews, because I bought the game earlier, but I haven't had time to play it yet. Now I can't wait! :)