Universal Mini Motor Racing (By The Binary Mill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Does the HD version ($3.99) plays better than the iPhone? It is worth the extra price?

Thanks.

2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Sorry i can't quit commenting on this game but i also love how fresh each track feels. In fact i often have to play them more than once before i can finish in first place. The first time around it feels completely new. Once you get used to the track you can really make a go at it and put down some great lap times and take first place. Its that kind of replayability that makes this game so much fun to participate in. I can't wait to get my brother over and play over wifi, it should make for a very fun holiday season.

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Honestly i don't see how that would be possible, but i'd get both if i owned an ipad. Well worth the price of admission. I've been having the time of my life playing it on my iphone, absolutely no gripes and i don't see how having a bigger screen would make it any more enjoyable to tell you the truth. However its one of those games you want to have on any medium you can just in case you are in a room and don't feel like hunting down your other device to get your fix :)

4. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    yes its worth!! :D

5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Some games give you more game screen and not only a bigger version of what you see in the iPhone.

I remember (some months ago) installing Guns Bros in my iPad and I was shocked to see it was just that, a bigger iPhone screen. I was expecting to see a bigger area of the game. I hope I was clear.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Downloading right now...

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This game rrrocks. Get this, get the iPad version, get stock in this company.

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Besides the absolutely obnoxious stuttering on my decrepit iPhone 4, this one is the bees knees. It's beautiful, has tons of content, and is fun fun fun fun... looking forward to the weekend.

Can't wait for the update that fixes the stuttering issue, though. A MUST BUY!

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Pretty fun so far. Tracks start off really easy, then a few cups later and the difficulty is ramping up - even with a beefed up car, I had to replay about half of the Fruit Ninja cup over and over to get the gold on it. Just unlocked the Fruit Ninja car (and absolutely love the Fruit Ninja track). Some of the tracks in the game are neat too.

10. donperson

donperson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Norway
    The game looks great, downloading it now. Been wanting to find a few new games to run on my new iPad 2 and this will most likely keep me busy when I'm not playing Reckless Racing and Bullet Time :)

Glad to see that you guys might be adding a GC Multiplayer at one point.

11. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Is the regular iPhone version also for iPhone 4S? It says in the description that the 4S gets enhanced visuals but are they included in the regular version?

12. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

I got the basic non universal one and the graphics are amazing on my 4s
    I think the so called HD one is just the same graphics but universal,

Can anyone tell me how to change my name as on the time boards it always says: Player

Options menu doesnt have anywhere to change it

13. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    I bought the normal version. Actually there was only 1 version showing up for me (4S). Seems like a nice and polished game.

14. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

#94 mashead2000, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    OMG just seen the IAP lol, if you want to purchase the better cars itll cost 30000, which means to get them quick youll have to buy in game cash with real money, wow another paid for game with IAP

TA should do an article about games nowadays and how peed Off gamers are

Back on topic - thats a lot of grinding when you only win 200 on average each race :(

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    After 2 tracks, it's pretty awesome! Controls I've found the arrows that are on left side to be the best :)

16. dk79

dk79 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #96 dk79, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    Game Impressions

Some initial impressions about the game on the iPad.
    First of all the opening intro movie hurt my eyes really bad...
    This is one highly compressed intro. It was like watching a youtube video 8 years ago...

Now on the gaming side.
    I'm using the wheels controls and the game looks insanely easy. It's so easy I was wondering whether there was a setting to switch or something.
    Heven't gone that far only played the first 8 tracks but I never even had to play them twice to win first position and I'm almost always lapping the opponent.
    I'm guessing the difficulty will ramp up so I'm not gonna complain about that yet.

Haven't tried the other controls yet but the wheel options just clicked with me instantly.
    The car moves as you would expect it to so no complaints there.
    The graphics are really good. Nice cartoony design and I bet on the iPhone they will look awesome. There are some lowres textures here and there but not anything to obsess over really. Some textures on the car look really pixelated whereas others are extremely sharp and the actual terrain on the zoomed in angle at the beginning of the race is pixellated.
    Would have preferred a more zoomed out camera on the iPad because things are bait too close but it's not that bad.
    All in all I'm getting some good vibes about the game.
    Would have preferred some other modes like time trials or something like that but I guess they could always add that later.
    Have to see if it gets harder or not so will update accordingly.

EDIT: 8 more tracks won (16 in total) without even breaking a sweat. Starting to worry a little bit...
    Also I stumbled on a weird bug. On the last 3 tracksI played (crankshaft cup Island reverse, tarmac and gran prix) at least one car got stuck and just stayed there for the rest of the race

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    By the way, I noticed that the better the handling is, the better you do in races. I tried the fastest car that you get at first and I was slipping off tracks, then I used the one with good acceleration and handling and won one car by a round.

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out. Just saved $3.99. There is no mention of IAPs in the main app description and in the most local App Stores (p.e. the Austrian App Store) there is not even this little text box with "Ruby Sponsorship $9.99…"

Definitely. I—as a hardcore iPhone/iPad fanatic—am considering to change the gaming platform. When they do this crap with Asphalt 7 I probably won't buy an iPad 3.

A shame. Really. iOS gaming is going bad. iOS gamers are considered as complete fools by such devs.

19. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    downloading now:D

20. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Really loving it so far.I don't think the IAP will be a fun spoiler here,i'm sure you'll make more money as you get further in the game.Ofcourse there will be grinding involved but that's in almost every race game i've played.