Mini Motor Racing - The Binary Mill

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Epox, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Check my last quote: Touchgen seems to think it plays fine.

2. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    That depends on how you can control the speed of your mini moto.

3. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    I know I keep asking this question, and please tell me to wind my neck in if you like, but you do you think this could become a cross-platform release, beyond the App Store? I was thinking this would look great if you could see the whole track, rather than just a zoomed in area?

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    With Death Rally coming out, I wish the developers would come here and talk more about this game since its coming next month. :)

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ah, I forgot about this game. I'm surprised there hasn't been more hype about it.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  7. TheBinaryMill

TheBinaryMill Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your kind posts regarding the game! We've been so busy with post-GDC stuff that we haven't had much time to follow-up after the announcement of Mini Motor Racing.

Currently we're still working on finalizing the local multi-player stuff and putting the finishing touches on the campaign mode itself. The engine is complete, but there's a few more effects to go in that the current batch of screens and trailer don't show. More dust, tire tracks and physics based on-track objects such as witches-hats, tire walls etc.

So when exactly will the game be out? Well, we want to get everything 'right' so we're going to release it when it's ready. At this stage we're looking at about two more months of polish.

I'll be around a lot more from here on out so if anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to post them here. Hopefully I'll be able to share some more media soon, too :)

Thanks again!
    - Ingmar

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I recommend that the devs take a look at the death rally thread, and then take in to consideration some of the things that the members are critiquing on.

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Two months... far away but we can bear it. :)

10. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    The game looks great! Any chance this will be universal or that there will be an iPad version of it?

11. TheBinaryMill

Thanks! Yes, we were looking to release an iPad version sometime after launch of the iPhone version, but are now seriously considering a universal binary. We'll keep you posted ;)

12. blackfoney

blackfoney New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Cool! Great graphics! :)

13. TheBinaryMill

We'll have some options for the camera but the default will be a dynamic zoom in which fluctuates based on your current speed, so you have more time to react to upcoming corners. As for a super wide mode, I doubt that will happen as the cars appear too small.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    What about camera types like these:

Death Rally Camera 1

Death Rally Camera 2

Will both types be included?

15. TheBinaryMill

At this stage there is no fixed-behind-car camera. The default camera is dynamic which allows for situational positioning - i.e. it adjusts according to whats happening. Turn that off and it's constant trace-cam that's locked (no zooming or pull back) but it's not locked to behind the vehicle. We're still deciding if we need to add any more options :)

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sounds good. More camera options would be appreciated if possible. :)

17. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Any clue about this game's release date?

18. TheBinaryMill

Nothing official yet, but it's coming along nicely! :)

19. bckrupps

bckrupps Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I hope it is universal. Many only have an ipad and would buy it in a second rather than upscale it to a crummy mess. Saves alot of when will the ipad version come out stuff too lol.

20. TheBinaryMill

Again, nothing official, but we're certainly looking into it ;)