Universal MiniGolf MMO (by James Paulin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 7, 2015.

1. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

@profhuggybear Thanks for making contact! Both those issues are addressed in v1.1 update which is available right now :)

2. Blue Thumbs

Blue Thumbs New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Love it! My only issue is the hit boxes on most of the water hazards go a long way onto the land.

3. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    What are the MMO features? So far all I see are other people's scores.

4. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I would like to know also about it, i thought at first it might include tournaments or at least PVP

5. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

Hey Shkrbby and freakernet! MMO literally standing for massively multiplier online in our interpretation refers to a game where hundreds of people coexist in a single game world. In this case you see each other as hundreds of golf balls playing along with you - those are real people for you to compete against so not your usual MMO, but MMO nonetheless, or more correctly "mingleplayer" but that's a kind of confusing term

Tournaments and PVP against your Game Center friends are AMAZING IDEAS thank you so much for those we will definitely consider adding them !

6. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Yes, but this game is not a real MMO game, just try be better and take over the leaderboard
    what's the difference between all the other games with leaderboard?

7. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

Hey Shiny thanks for that. We will have to agree to disagree ;) It's clearly a fine line what is and what is not MMO to some people - we'll give some thought to how we could make this more clear. In our other game with a similar mechanic (Trappy Tomb - also on TouchArcade) we changed the name from MMO to Mingleplayer but I think that is just confusing!

I agree there are no swords and axes to swing though, only golf clubs ;)

8. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

9. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    So in reading the discussion about the water hazard changes, my understanding is that holes are not replayable unless you delete/reinstall the app? And the overall score is cumulative, yes?

I ask, because if I wanted to play competitively against a friend andI got several strokes behind him, then (other than him screwing up horribly) the only way for me to catch up is to delete/reinstall the game and start over completely?

Or have I gotten the wrong impression?

10. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

Hey wizard Mike! Essentially you are correct - the game follows the pattern of "Desert Golfing" in this regard. It's a one-way ticket to infinity in a golf cart ;)

11. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ok, Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. :)

12. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

Shaun Musgrave's Review!

Thanks Shaun you are awesome!

http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/11/minigolf-endless-mmo-review/

We have cut the ad rate by 50% - thanks for calling us out clearly on that one ;)

Now to work on the next update. Have already added loads more achievements and an average score leaderboard. Next up either local multiplayer or user created courses .... Everyone let us know what you'd like to see !

13. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Maybe characters to unlock with different abilities.

If you implement coins on the course and rewards timer like Crossy Road the characters could be unlocked by buying them with coins from in game or IAP. This will generate more revenue for you.

Different themes for the courses maybe a desert, ice and tropical themes. Every 18 holes the theme randomly changes.

All the updates you have mentioned will be great also, can't wait.

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #54 Guise, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Don't know how I missed this on release but I do love Desert Golfing and will download this forthwith. And I'll definitely be getting the iap to support such a responsive developer and because I don't care for ads.

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Just my opinion, but I think adding unlockable characters with abilities, coins, and the Crossy Road system would needlessly clutter up the game and take away from its refreshing simplicity. The CR system works well for 'endless' high score games but might not translate to this game, since it has discrete holes/levels. Finally, like in Desert Golfing, the player is the character rather than having an in-game avatar. Adding characters would complicate things, I think.

On the other hand, the idea of different themes and/or colors is a great one. I also really like the developer's ideas about weather effects and day/night cycles. Really looking forward to playing this more soon.

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Sorry for the triple post. I have one suggestion/request: audio options, where the music can be muted but the sound effects kept. Please consider!

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game so far and look forward to playing more. Keep up the good work.

17. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    What about 18 hole time trial courses, not random but a real 18 hole course with a leaderboard. Maybe with medals for time or strokes to unlock harder courses.

I like the weather idea as well.

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Self-quote! Not sure if the developer is still checking this thread, but audio options would be much-appreciated.

19. superfluid

superfluid Active Member

#59 superfluid, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  20. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Awesome!