Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Stuff like that happens to me, too.
    So yeah, it is possible

2. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Okay I'll check that out. I think it went under our radar, or at least I don't recall having this situation under my nose.

3. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #1563 SumoSplash, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Now I just finished the next Night for Frozen Plains/Cossack General, went back to the shop and Frozen Plains/Cossack General was still 'active' as it should be. So, there is the randomness. In case you want a play by play, here it is: Opened Minigore 2, started a saved game, beat the Night, went to the shop, boards switched, changed it manually back to the board I was playing, beat the next night, went to the shop and the board was set correctly. I'm now going into Night 3 of Cossack General.

4. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    This happens if you hold your finger on screen while the screen switches from game to shop and it will interpret your finger as if you actually pressed it no matter you didn't lift it. You should add something like "key pressed down -> do some action" and not "key released" or something among those lines.

Also, since we are discussing screen pressing events, pausing the game is worse than Minigore 1, in it I would just slide my finger to pause button and it would pause the game, in 2, I can't do that, even worse, I can't even hold the left stick and run away as I'm trying to press pause button because it won't work. I have to lift both fingers from screen and then I can successfully pause the game which is a bit of a drag, especially because chances of dying are pretty high since the player is immobile while I'm trying to reach pause button.

5. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #1565 Karmington, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Yeps the pause button is fixed, and as you say it seems that the level change is also related to these touch events. Will snoop around them a bit today. EDIT These issues should be fixed in the update.

6. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Quoting myself here...

Here is a great example of my above comment. I just died on Night 4 of Frozen Plains/Cossack General (the board I was playing to test the switching of the boards in the shop) and the reason I died is that one of the two Grim Reapers dropped right next to me. I knew they were going to do this, since I know the pattern of the board. I had one heart left. It didn't matter that I knew they were going to drop. I had no recourse or defense, since even as I was moving away he swiped at me and killed me. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Point being that even anticipating what the game is going to do down to the exact moment is not enough for me to be able to avoid that swipe and to avoid dying. It shouldn't be a 'given' that I get hit in this situation. My death should be based on my own error, not something I can't control.

7. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Okay, so essentially the problem is that the grim reaper gets to attack immediately after spawning?

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yeah, I think that is the most accurate way of describing it. Enemies--not just the Grim Reaper, but usually bosses or mini bosses--are getting attacks off too quickly after spawning, specifically those enemies that are dropping from the sky. Even anticipating the attack, which I am doing, isn't enough to get me away in time.

9. PyroLord

PyroLord Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I stopped playing minigore 2 for a while, I defeated the last boss in December 7th and I unlocked everything and there is 3 challenges that are stuck, I just hope update 3 to be released this week, or I think I'll just delete it :(

10. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    a map based in metusulums lab would be cool :)

11. PyroLord

Dec 28, 2012
    i don't agree cause metusalem lab is not big enough for a whole fight :/

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #1572 SumoSplash, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    See, I typically delete games that involve a quest with a beginning and end point. For example, something along the lines of Swordigo or Lost Winds (both great titles). A game like Minigore 2, among other titles like Phoenix HD, will never get deleted from my phone because the gameplay is infinite to me. There really is no conclusion. I would never keep Swordigo on my phone and just jump back in, but with Minigore 2 I jump in and ravage zombies without a thought. I wouldn't jump into Lost Winds again just to float around after I've already beaten it, but Minigore is a bottomless pit of addiction. I may re-download Swordigo again at some point and play it all over, but then I would re-delete it once I beat it again. It's the games you can jump right into that feel endless that have the greatest replay value to me.

13. Caffeine

Caffeine Member

Jan 10, 2013
    bugs

This game is great i play it everyday!

Hopefully these 2 quests can be fixed soon!

1.) Evil Christmas Spirit
    2.) Frendly Fire

its kind annonying when i can only do 1 quest at a time......

Thank you! keep up the good work!

14. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Any videos on beating the last lvl...

15. PyroLord

Dec 28, 2012
    I really hope update 3 to be released tomorrow :(

16. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    Patience, patience... There's always devils in the details that take just a bit more time than estimated. Nearly there.

17. PyroLord

Dec 28, 2012
    :mad: I will delete minigore 2 now!

18. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Go ahead, it's your money you're wasting but don't tell us.

19. PyroLord

Dec 28, 2012
    i have my life, you have your life, I can do everything I want and I don't care about people's reactions.

20. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    I haven't really being paying very much attention to this thread, has the update been submitted or is it still in production?