Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Anyone know if the other characters have any worth beyond aesthetics? Also, I just found out the abilities are actually consumables. Pretty expensive considering they're a one use item.

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    You're not serious, are you? I think if you have any love for dual stick shooters, this is an absolute must have. I commend Mountain Sheep for doing a sequel that holds true to the original by staying with and expanding upon what worked, while enhancing every aspect of the game that was outdated.

There's no need to remake the wheel when you basically invented it in the first place. You just make the wheel hug the road better, which they did, ten times over. 5 Stars, nothing less.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I'd say the same.....
    If I had it

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I really don't get all the complaints in this thread. The game isn't a re-skin, there's an actual sense of progression, and like what's already been said in this thread; the game takes everything that was great about the first Minigore and expands on it in every single way. This isn't an "update" to Minigore, it is a sequel.

5. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Dude, our company is just 10 guys in Finland, we're not Gameloft with 5000+ employees (seriously, their current head count by Wikipedia!). With Minigore, Death Rally, Ice Rage and Bike Baron and their updates we've had our hands busy through the years.

You're sort of right about the "remake" aspect - Minigore 2 tries to be a better Minigore, with more variation in the enemies and playing areas, many things that were missing from the first one. If you like that kind of play, it should be easy to figure out if this is worth the $2 investment - and if you never enjoyed Minigore, it's possible this won't change your mind.

There are always people who will wish for things like co-op, the 150+ enemies on screen with physics and interaction would have been compromised, yet actually played by only a tiny fraction of the users. Being such a small company we need to focus where we spend our effort, and making sure the core game finally has enough variation in enemies, weapons, environments and characters had a higher priority.

We can only make games we ourselves enjoy playing, and Minigore 2 is such a game; not everyone will enjoy all our games, but we love doing what we do and aren't going to stop any time soon.

At the end of the day, you have the ultimate choice in what games you pay for and spend your time with. Play something you love, if you can't love Minigore 2 then play something different. The AppStore is vast, and there's something for everyone. :)

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I said this before with regard to the original game and it holds just as true if not more so for the sequel: Minigore is the essence of the dual stick shooter defined. Nothing further is required to validate it.

7. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Weird, I have this game on a iPod Touch 4G. Works perfectly fine! No crashes yet.

8. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I don't know... I can probably run it on my 4s, but my phones usually reserved for music lol. My new ipad is my gaming/movie device :).

I hope they fix this soon. I can't give them a good rating if I my game keeps crashing...

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    My character is level 10 but randomly after loading a game (first stage) all my character related weapons are back to level one...

10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm playing this on autofire mode. This game is awesome.

11. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Cmon cant buy the double income :(

12. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I seriously wanna buy IAP to support the Devs for their outstanding work ,one of the best DDS on the store ,a worthy Sequel.

13. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Do you get an error? What does it say, and are you able to buy IAP in other games normally?

14. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    As a huge critic of the original after countless nights waiting on TA forums, I just gave the iTunes Store 5 stars, I'm quite impressed! I havnt stopped playing it, at level 22, and only wish 3 things:
    1. The alligator bosses graphics not to clip into John.
    2. A change in the rediculous price of abities if they are consumables.
    3. "All out of bubblegum" quote ;)
    But like I said, I couldn't get to wifi to download MC4, and SWORE I wouldn't pay $2 USD for this after gettin shafted on HardGore vaporware, but not only do I have no regrets, I'm endin this comment just so I can jump back in and unlock Santa and this cool lookin new level!

But these questions do need answered, as well as what percentages of benefit do upgrades have per purchase for weapons. I'd like to see what weapon damage and speed is. It's all vague and meaningless right now, I can do anything with level one machinegun I swear, and the Grenade launcher I wish I could delete.

15. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Well, in other games I can. But clicking on the "double income" option it says "cannot connect to the iTunes store", despite it actually processing the payment. Tried a number of methods, from fresh installs to fresh reboots, but still the same... :(

16. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    This game really seems to be too easy. Its almost impossible to die. I kinda just gave up because I was tired. The enemies really dont have much speed, and the axe, sword, and chainsaw kill everything surrounding you. Your health regenerates a whole lot faster than you lose it. I need the insane mode I guess... or at least something faster than this.

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm absolutely loving the amount of enemies/carnage this can have on screen. :D works perfect on my iPad4 and also on my iPod touch4G. Nice work.

18. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Wtf, it has GameCenter but no GC leaderboard and only 1 measely GC achievement!!
    C'mon devs, you can do better than that!!
    This kind of game should have a shitload of GC achievements and a couple of leaderboards at least!

Let's hope this get added in the first update, but for now this goes in my "need an update before playing" folder on my ipad!

19. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Oh one HUGE request!
    For the love of god, DO NOT dilute this game with crossover characters like the first! That is SO 2009! Bad enuf EnviroBear is in here, and others, but if I flippin see Doodle Jump shootin snot at zombie Hsu, or Pocket God zombies, I'll NEVER buy another one of your games no matter how good!
    Meanwhile, as I posted on the previous page, I'm LOVING this game!

20. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    #160 mr_marts, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Heres my say the best nintendo tooney zombie shooting game by far next to zombieville USA 2 it is not as gloomy as the other zombie games out there but thats not a bad thing with the colorful cinematic lighting that shoots out to you and an energetic sound track which adds blood feast. There is much addiction to a game that crams so much to the screen much like rockstars state of emergency mountain sheep got it right without sacrificing the frame rate nor those the game lag.

Now for the content sure the game does retain similar features to the previous mini gore those humongous bobbley heads and the unlockable characters we all have grown to love. But there is buy far more reason to return back to a game 2 years in the making with various environments and critters it only gets header I'am up to the santa world and i still keep dying maybe its me maybe I'am hopeless :p

There is also rewards and tons of loot to collect if the developers are reading this my only suggestion would be in the next minigore 3 if it happens please add a online multiplayer.

For the 1.99 mark its a great game to pick up when you are waiting for the doctor, or on your travels. i give it 8/10