GameClub Minigore (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vicente.ramirezch, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Best Idevice game ever, best survival game.

Please don´t put a story, I don´t want to read text one time and have to press to pass every time. Objectives or waves ok but not pages and pages of text. I want a game not a book.

Amazing game, not much deep yet but perfect in all other aspects: graphics, voices, music, ipod music, online scores. And is the first time I can select a podcast inside a game with 3.0. Thanks a lot for the epic masterpiece

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, really? Best iDevice game ever? Epic masterpiece? To each his/her own I guess.

3. pseudo

pseudo Active Member

Apr 20, 2009
    It looks and controls great, will be a good game once some more content is implemented.

I would recommend using some of your profit to hire a UI designer to have a pass on the UI, the menus and buttons were very disappointing compared to the in-game art.

4. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    @dboobis:

agreed about the stats, the more the better, keep track of everything!
    also the contextual comments, if you'd make alot more of these, it would definately take this game up a notch

small suggestion: if you only have two hits, i'd like to see gore way more beat up looking after the first hit.

5. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    damn i cant believe crypt beat vegan. can someone check for me what place im in right now? my ipod has no battery.

6. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Some Achievement Ideas

Clover Chaos Kill 100 Furries in a single clover mode.
    Enviromentalist Survive 2 minutes without killing any Furries.
    The First Thirty Go from 0 to 60 points in under 7 seconds.
    No Mr. Gore, I Expect You To Die Get into clover mode while surrounded by Furries.

7. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Well I know there are bigger games but I prefer in the Idevice to play little games with a lot of replay and this one seems perfect to me and soon will be updated

8. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

I can understand why people are upset with the "is this it?" comments.. Seriously the game was hyped up a lot and to just have 1-2 game mechanics (bullcharge and shotgun) you'd think there would be more to the game. Granted the gameplay trailers were the exact same thing we've seen but again those were teaser trailers. Some people were just surprised I guess to see the end result be exactly what the gameplay was like months ago. Maybe we expected more due to the time gap, I dunno.

9. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Nope, Hardgore is not a TD. Think Cannon Fodder. Get TD out of your head.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    +1 in a major way.

11. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    I just bought this game. :D

12. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #492 CaseyLay, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    So it was, Albie, so it was. I was just a little mad that some people who did give into the hype agreed with you on your review. No hard feelings toward you. I'm usually a big fan of your reviews. You go into details but can still sum things up nicely.

As for Hardgore, what do you think will become of that? It's probably one level only as well.

I plan on buying this today or in a few days.

13. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I don´t understand the problem some people have with the people that loves this game. For exemple Doodle jump is a simplistic game, a very repetitive one and I play it every day like 2 months now, or Flight control 1.0 with just 1 map, or iDracula 1.0. Simple games with good gameplay no matter if it´s simple are a very good thing to play 5 minutes or 2 hours trying to beat records or listening music or podcasts.

Then this game have just 1 map, just 1 mode, but amazing graphics and sound and perfect simple gameplay IMO and I love it. Sure is no Doom or no Real racing that I like too but what´s the bad thing for a game to be that simple and amazing??

14. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ha go Bond reference! I like that achievement too :)

oh by the by still haven't beaten your Z&M score :mad:

15. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #495 AttackOfThePwned, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Yes SOOOO much hype. What is worse is why any of you keep referring to it when it only costs all of 0.99!

Idevice has a HUGE casual gamer audience that will just grow with the $99 3g and 80 countries by end of summer.

Some of those consumers will come to TA. Get use to it.

EDIT: There is room for everyone. Casual and hardcore alike.

16. Brinkman

I'm just hoping for more enemies/weapons, maybe environmental traps on the map.. or objects you can use on the map to stay alive.. rocks and tree's that can channel the mobs..

i can't see myself playing this game for more than a few days without more updates :eek:

17. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i wouldnt worry about the updates for this game. they have so much in plan. have you seen the pictures of the episodes timo posted in the upcoming thread? it looks gorgeous. and also theres going to be co-op which will make it so much more fun.

18. Brinkman

I remember seeing footage of a bonus game where you fight Soviets.. Is it in this release?

19. ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

٩๏̯͡๏)۶ Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    WTF?
    Among You!
    Has anyone seen this from STP about the upcoming update?:

Vihola also tells us that they are in talks with a few other large companies to incorporate more co-op characters into the game. Here is a clue to another he gave us: "One other video game celebrity that makes an appearance is very colorful and has long thin hands. Can you guess who it is?" Want to take a shot at who this may be? Put your guess in this story's comments.

Anyone know who it could be?

20. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I do!