GameClub Minigore (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vicente.ramirezch, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm with Tim on this I don't really get all the menu rage. When I play a game, I play the game, not sit there with my iPhone on my desk admiring the menu. I mean I guess it could give the game an initially unfinished feel to it, but do you really spend any more time in the menu than just hitting "play game?"?

I mean from a functionality standpoint it works fine, it certainly doesn't detract from the gameplay at all, it seems like nitpicking something just for the sake of nitpicking.

2. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Okay heres an idea.

What if there were an option in the settings menu to make it so you could switch between these two ways:
    1) Collect three clovers and become the beast automatically
    or
    2) Collect three clovers and then they will glow in the corner and you can tap on them to activate beast mode.

A few times I've found myself protecting a clover until there were bigger guys to go beast with. Maybe it's made that way to be more challenging. I'm not sure. But it's a good idea in my opinion.
    Anyone else like it?

EDIT: Oh, and personally I love the menus. I think they look and work great.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I just searched in AppStore, App shopper even googled it:confused:. There is no such app. Who is khalid shaikh btw?? Which game his company has developed so far. Sorry I havent heard his name with any iPhone game:eek: Just Kidding. =P

4. tymora01

tymora01 Active Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I just picked this one up too. So now i have something like 10 games to play still, but for a buck I just don't see how I can go wrong...

5. Krispod

Krispod Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    Minigore is the game that made me put my new DSI on the shelf!

I am number 39 on the global high score list :D yay

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Pick, pick, pick. Oh, all right, you win...I'm a menu looker :D. I just like the splash screen so much that it seems a bit jarring to me when I get these menu buttons.

7. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I agree with this. It would be great to both switch between weapons and activate clovers when you are ready.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Stay away from the DS then, New Super Mario Brothers which is one of the coolest adaptations of a Mario game has menus that looked like they were designed by a 5 year old.

[​IMG]

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    ROFFLE! Khalid Shaikh is the antichrist. He puts out bogus apps for 5 bucks that attempt to fool people into buying them by naming them very close to the original (i.e. iMinigore, which was a joke...it doesn't exist).

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I've got a 7-year-old who loves Mario Bros., and has a DS...do I need to go to Game Stop and get him this? Is it something that is easy enough for him to play? Sorry for being off topic BTW.

11. sn0wned

sn0wned Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Here's hoping this gets added to the next update. Please take the time to read Sheep Mountain! =]

Achievements
    Clover Chaos Kill 100 Furries in a single clover mode.
    No Need For Luck Kill 100 Furries without picking up any clovers.
    Lock N' Load! Kill 100 Furries with a shotgun
    Environmentalist Survive 2 minutes without killing any Furries.
    Enviro-Bear Hibernate 500 Furries in one sitting.
    How Many More Can There Be?! Score 1500 without getting hurt in a single game
    Unstoppable Force Run over 200 furries in total with the Bull in a single game
    The Incredible Bull Run over 10 Giant Furries in a single game
    Purple Heart Die 50 times in Minigore

Unlockables
    Red Bandanna and Shirt When getting a score of 3000, you unlock a new skin of John Gore wearing red gear.
    Grenade When killing a lifetime total of 15,000 furries, a powerup will now be added which will give you the ability to blow up some furries with a grenade!
    Santa Skin Ho Ho Ho! Now you can play as Santa when getting a massive score of 6000!
    Riding a Sheep Get a lifetime score of 100,000 and you will have the ability to ride a speeding sheep which is great to escape those fast furries!

Levels
    Snow Map Nuff said!

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Vwat?! :eek: I logged in over 50 hours on iFinalFantasyIV, which Khalid ported perfectly.

13. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Oh, definitely. Its one of the best Mario games I have played.

14. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Email that to Timo! That's so good!

15. violatizzle

violatizzle Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    you have my attention.. now send that to the devs!

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    All right. I'm on it. Thanks!

17. sn0wned

sn0wned Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Already did! Hoping they'll respond back. You guys should help out too. =]

18. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    ughhh i was just about to get a new high score but my dog was sleeping and he just suddenly barked so i jumped up and a furry killed me from behind.....

19. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Not a fan of half of your achievements at all. These are the sort that ruined the achievement system to begin with. It takes no skill to obtain those one that have you 'kill ### of ###'. It just constant grinding til you get it.

20. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Gotcha :D:D:D