MiniSquadron Special Edition!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrfungfung, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfungfung

mrfungfung Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    @Autopsy - there isnt a MiniSquadron HD unfortunately, the cost and quantity of the artwork to bring to HD is just a bit too much for me to handle sadly :( And right now at least, the numbers for iPad don't stack up well for me - so this will have to take a rain check. Fox Vs Duck will quite likely have a HD option tho ;)

@swishinj - this isn't an update, its a separate app for you to play!

2. Autopsy

Autopsy Member

Sep 22, 2009
    that sucks but makes sense.

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    8 new maps and 50 new aircrafts.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I've got the original game and love it but these backgrounds are sweet as hell! Will definitely buy them. The game is a cracker. :)

5. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#25 Will090, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Bluetooth is great! Another cool thing you could add is multiplayer with more than 2 people, just a thought

6. LongNoseFishFace

LongNoseFishFace New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #26 LongNoseFishFace, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    The original game was the best game on the iPhone! I still play it all the time and I've had it for months. I'm getting this one right now. Seriously - if you haven't played this, try it out NOW! It's like proper gaming all over again.

Edit: Ooops. Just checked the app store and it's not out yet. :( Sorry... I got over-excited. Ah well, I'll have to play the first version a little while longer.

7. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    Its ok LongNoseFishFace! It'll be out real soon - meanwhile you can check out a silly initial ideas sketch made by the artist:

[​IMG]

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

dlc huh?
    guess i'll have to dig out those quarters from the back of my couch then!

9. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    Well - while you dig those quarters out, you can try out the first couple of levels for nothing :) And yes - rescue those quarters, they're no good being sat on. Tip: Try relatives' and friends' sofas too.

10. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Tak, I just got to say, I can't wait for this! I loved the first Minisquadron!

You think Bluetooth multiplayer would be there? Wifi is broke on my iPhone. :(

11. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    You should eventually release a DLC with a team campaign. You choose 7 planes/helicopters and go against an enemy team. You could switch between your planes and the ones you arent controlling are controlled by the computer. Just an idea, but if you could port that kind of gameplay mode to online multiplayer... hahah I would never put my iPhone down again!

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #32 Drucifer, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    The artwork looks fantastic. Loved the first one, actually it is one of the few games I play on a regular basis, so this is a day one purchse for me.

Also question about the DLC.

My worry is that if I upgrade my device I can no longer download the DLC again unless I pay since the are In App purchases were as I can download any game from the App Store on a new device. How does that work with In App purchases because some people say it will download free but others say their will be a charge. Again this is for someone who is using the same iTunes account but on a different device.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i lost interest in the firt minisquadron after not managing to get any further (unable to unlock any planes or finish the last area)
    of course, i played a lot against my brother, so i hope this'll have multiplayer as well!

14. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    @kohjingyu Bluetooth is definitely in - I'm using OS 3.1.2 now and it automatically uses Bluetooth/Wifi depending on what's available!

@Drucifer As far as I know, the in app purchase is linked to your *iTunes Account*. So you can change devices all you like, if you re-purchase it with the same account, it knows you have downloaded it and won't be charged twice.

@jak56 - of course this has multiplayer like the first one! With the helicopter it throws up some interesting matches - hard to see which is better..hmm

15. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Oh and I forgot to mention I found a pretty serious bug in the original minisquadron and want to make sure it isn't in this. When you're playing the game and a feint popup comes up at the bottom where the controls are (IE ____ is now online) and you tap it accidentally while trying to fire and OF opens the joystick will be stuck wherever you had you're finger on it before you pressed the popup. I've had some pretty good survival scores lost to this as I could no longer control the plane

16. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    OF notifications appear at the top now! :)

17. konaha

konaha New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    so it isn't like the 1st game where i have fixed levels to attempt to try to get all the planes? i'm only stuck with 2 levels and i need to get more level packs to unlock more planes?

18. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Are you going to have people beta Minisquadron:SE?

19. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Do they have like 2 vs 2 multiplayer?

20. FK1983

FK1983 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Web Design
    Bournemouth, UK
    So is the basic game with 2 levels free then you have DLC to pay for? i'm guessing you don't have to pay for the basic one with 2 levels then pay more for DLC?