Mirror's Edge and Mirror's Edge HD ---> FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by nfong, Dec 9, 2011.

1. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #21 violentv, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    lol...You say it complements its PC counterpart well?Would you care to explain how? It sure does play well on an iPad or iPhone but I am quite skeptical about how an extremely watered down and butchered game can bring anything new or positive to the title. Dead Space on iOS complements its console counterpart well by bringing the same atmosphere to the game and providing a prequel of sorts to the franchise.

This is no doubt a decent game with a fun multiplayer component... once I got over my disappointment and expectations. (My opinion is that)It merely gives players a glimpse into the world of Mirror's Edge but brings with it no extra value, perspective or canon and thus does not fit well into the Mirror's Edge franchise at all.

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    It's an iOS game. Designed as such.

Fits very well into the ME franchise I'd say.

Your disappointment about it not being a console/pc game, well I dunno. Try playing it using the new OnLive app maybe?

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Well that certainly answered my question.>.>

I have no intention of playing a console game on my iPad.. as a Mirror's Edge fan, I am just a little irked by how people are (unjustifiably)saying it complements its console/pc counterpart well when it is just a bare bones version of the game.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow, what a quality game, imo one of the best EA games! And I've only played 2 levels!