Universal Missileman (by Game or Die)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 31, 2017.

1. madgin

madgin New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Don't waste your time and money on this game. Controls are horrible.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hah! They're perfect at default sensitivity and there's a sensitivity slider in the options menu if you're having trouble with them.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The Controls are what make this game amazing.
    I perfectly happy with the price and hope the developer continues with more games like this one.
    I'm still working on getting all the permanent skills achievements .
    5star game

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I honestly think that is the only thing that's not that great about the game. The fact that there aren't really any permanent unlockables. Sure, getting those achievements will unlock special items for you to stack, but at the end of the day there's still no sense of...well...uhhh...I mean, in Downwell, for example, you get different themes to choose from, y'know? I don't mind that there's no progression, per se, but it would have been nice to get something. Anything permanent.

5. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    What are the controls?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Relative touch controls with...basically tap anywhere with your second hand to fire missiles.

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I would also like to see extras added to the game . Even if it was just unlockable cosmetics.
    It would make an amazing game even better, I agree

8. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    My personal game of the week )
    http://hypestorm.ru/game-of-the-week-missileman/

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Agreed, though I'm not sure if the more detailed art style might make that more difficult? Since everything isn't the same color.

Maybe just different missile skins or helmets would be cool. Like turning your missile into a carrot and such

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Lost of reviews complaining that you lose your upgrades with every play through, a shame!

Long live Rogue-lites!

12. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thank god you lose your upgrades lol, you'd be maxed AND over powered after 7-8 games lol

13. ShinnosukeGAMEorDIE

ShinnosukeGAMEorDIE New Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Thank you for playing our game!

Hi, I’m Shinnosuke Ohashi, Japanese indie game developer, indie games lover and a creator of Missileman. My wife and I are really glad that you guys seem to enjoy our first game. We are very small developer so it would be difficult to polish more. But we read all your opinions and we can make effective use of them to make next our game. Have a nice missile!

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hey there! Welcome to the forums. :)

Polish more? Seriously? The level of polish on Missileman (as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread) is so shiny it puts so many other efforts on the App Store to shame! Congrats on a fantastic release. Missileman truly is one of those "special" games. A great idea and perfect implementation of it.

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hi Shinnosuke Ohashi & Wife
    Thank You Two for your Action packed Shmup.
    I l❤️ve hearing about married couples that are Developers. Welcome to TouchArcade Team GAME or DIE. I am really having alotta fun wit yallz heArtwork in Missileman. Seriously this iz a beautiful balancing act he does. I wuz hip'd by Gamecast & Gon Lee on your release & been having a blast wit Achievements ever since. I feel that the rouge elements are very balanced. For you to rely on your own skillz makes me happy to push forward till the final achievement which i hope never comes.
    I wish you two much fun & success in your creativity. I will definitely be on the look#out when yallz next games are released.
    Thank You

16. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is still one of the best games of the year.
    The controls are one of my favorite features.
    You get to choose which skills you want to add throughout the game as you level to unlock them.
    They aren't permanent but if you unlock achievements then those skills will be.
    I keep pushing myself to do better and I slowly improve .
    I started changing up my strategy and now getting further .
    Def one of the top 3 games of January

17. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Someone please tell me before I buy this, I'm seeing things wrong and there are no borders on iPad screen.

18. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    The game maintains its 9:16 aspect ratio on the iPad's 3:4 portrait-mode screen. So it is pillarboxed. The effect is much less pronounced than it would be on a 4:3 landscape-mode screen.

19. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    That's deal breaker for me since iPad is the only iOS device I own. I cannot stand non-fullscreen apps especially if they are new or recently updated.

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #60 OrangutanKungfu, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Damn, but this game is tough! I'm revisiting some quickfire games in my backlog, and am really enjoying this second time around. Haven't unlocked any permanent upgrades yet (I think), but have managed to beat the first boss and get to stage 2-1. I love the sensitivity of the controls - I barely have to move my finger; I just roll it around slightly.

Edit: I had unlocked some of the permanent upgrades, but hadn't realised they simply get added to the random power-ups on the skill tree. Trying to get 500 kills now - already got the 100-combo achievement and level 10 gun. The shield unlocks are the toughest, IMO. Furthest I've gotten is 2-3...