Modern Combat 2 VS. NOVA 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iPodChallenger, Dec 22, 2010.

?

wich is better?

1. N.O.V.A 2

44.8%
  2. Modern Combat 2: Black Peaguses

55.2%
  1. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

Modern Combat 2 came out in late October.

Modern Combat 3, will take a bit more time from now.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Modern Combat 2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

3. iPodChallenger

iPodChallenger Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    skate patrole (puplic skating safty dude)
    ontario, canada
    forme modern combat is just WAY easier to control, and i do not like how nova has no iron sights

4. Wgamer64

Wgamer64 Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Hard choice but nova 2

NOVA 2 because I love the mines, they are pretty nooby though. You can JUMP on NOVA. Players have way to much health, I sit and blast people up the ___ and then they turn around rocket launch me. Both games, AND ALL ONLINE 1ST PERSON SHOOTERS NEED TO BALL UP AND MAKE A VEHICLE THAT CAN BE FREELY DROVEN. *Ahem* Reply if you agree.

5. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    no it won't be out until October 2011 or later.

My vote is for MC2

6. iPodChallenger

iPodChallenger Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    skate patrole (puplic skating safty dude)
    ontario, canada
    very close so far, modern combat is slightly ahead.

keep the votes comming!

7. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    MC2 all the way!

8. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    woah the vote is so close i like NOVA 2 better just because it has jumping =D lol. IDC about looking down the site because even in MC2 i hipfire rather than using the scopes. In addition, i like NOVA 2 because its a Halo clone and Halo is my favorite Xbox game that i got.

9. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    MC2 has better gameplay, graphics, multiplayer and singleplayer was about the same.

10. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    yea i'm with you nova 2 had bad controls & modern combat 2 had better graphics

11. johnnyfox

johnnyfox New Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Modern Combat 2
    Pros:
    Health regenerates
    Can aim down sites
    Can Duck
    Cons:
    Cannot Jump
    Cannot get power-ups
    Die super fast
    Only 4 game modes
    Only 5 maps

Nova 2
    Pros:
    You can jump
    You can get power-ups
    You don't die easily
    LOTS OF MAPS :D
    Lots of game modes
    Cons:
    Cannot aim down sights
    You can't duck
    Your health doesn't regenerate

I prefer Nova 2 over MC2 because it is overall better. The only reason i sometimes play MC2 is because I am a really high rank and I kick @ss. :cool:

12. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Do you use gyroscope to get better result in both of them?

13. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Both NOVA2 and MC2 have 4 game modes. They both have deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag. NOVA2 has Instagib and MC2 has defuse the bomb, and I prersonally find defuse the bomb a lot more fun that instagib

14. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    nova 2 has freeze tag.

15. superzarop

superzarop Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I can't really agree with that. Running into people spamming grenade launcher is taking risk, and can net you a lot of kills, but it's no skills.

16. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in your imagination
    LOL! How is there even competition? Modern Warf- I mean Combat 2 FTW!

17. powershot

powershot New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Modern Combat2

Campaign=Modern Combat. I found the modern combat just a little better to than Nova 2. I lost interest about halfway through and the difficulty is way too unbalanced. In nova two I found the gameplay pretty boring and the enemies could have been a little smarter than they are right now. I also found the accuracy way to high in NOVA2. I was on a very high building and every single bullet would have hit me if I wasn't constantly moving.

Multiplayer=Modern Combat. This is just way to easy to decide. In Nova 2, everyone jumps around like a retard and it takes about two or three hits with a rocket launcher to kill them. All the weapons are underpowered and it takes hardly any skill to kill. Many powerful weapons lie on the ground for you to pick up and I can't see much strategy. I have to say though, the sniper in Nova 2 looks pretty good. There aren't many places to camp, and if you do, you aren't getting many kills anyway. In Modern Combat 2, a lot more skill is involved. You have to earn the guns you want. There is also melee and flash bangs which work really well at points.

Graphics=Nova 2. I have to say Nova looks pretty amazing. The environment look nice too. The only bad thing I can say is that Gameloft probably only spent 10 minutes on the gun reload animations.

Sound=Nova 2. Not by much. The voice acting was far more superior in Modern Combat compared to the robot. Everything else was better in Nova 2

Story=Modern Combat 2. I'm sure we are all tired with the one man who saves the world type of plot. Modern Combat 2 is definitely more emotional.

Controls=Tie. Iron sight definitely makes everything better. No jumping? Rather have that than jumping 10 feet into the air. The only problem I have is the akwardness of the placement of controls on the Ipad. I can hardly manage to hit iron sight when I need it. No gyroscope on both games makes it worse. This is not as much as a war between games as a develepor problem.

Maps=Modern Combat 2. The open maps are honestly pretty annoying in Nova 2. The closed up maps make it very fun to find ways to knife and kill anybody that crosses your path.

Weapons=Nova 2. While the weapons are the generic type of sci-fi weapons, that doesn't stop it from being awesome. For a normal person that doesn't know much about guns, Nova is for them, as the weapons are self explanatory. For me, I find modern Combat 2's weapons pretty good. The weapons actually make sense. They got the recoil and damage is correct. However, if you think like a sci-fi nerd, Nova 2 will please.

Game Modes=Tie. Basically, the similar game modes are Deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag. However, Modern Combat 2 has defuse the bomb, and NOVA 2 has a instagib (sudden death) and freeze tag. They both blend pretty well with there theme, and all modes are really fun.

Music=Nova 2. The menu music is pretty cool in Nova 2. I don't really care for the music in Modern Combat 2.

The verdict= Modern Combat 2. Obviously Modern Combat 2 guys! I gave them both a legit chance, and I'm not biased.

What I'd like to see in the sequals. In both games I'd like the see slightly bigger icons, and a voice chat. In Nova 3 Gameloft seriously needs to make multiplayer gameplay more balanced and add some more animation details. I saw the trailer of MC3, and I can't wait! I saw some cool knifing animation and a dash mode! I'd like to be able to possibly ride vehicles and weapon attachments. Getting the term suppressor correct would be nice. The campaign is definitely going to be epic. I hope the nova series steps up its game so I can enjoy it.