Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2341 Rip73, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Ok, retried the skill brush up in mc3 for mc4.
    Played 6 games in a row there now. Mix of hackers and normal players and maps.
    6 games, 6 legitimate nukes.

That does seem to hack off the hackers because they didn't follow to next match.
    New hackers came in for next match, nuke, left next lobby. Their skill level really is very low. I suspect they were particularly weak hackers anyway because I don't remember it being as easy to kick their asses. They had to be newbies.
    I don't believe they can be owned in general because the hacks do give a huge unbeatable advantage.

They don't disappear anymore though when ya kill em. And radar seems to have some kind of hack.
    And the one game with all real players was a lot of fun so I held off on the nuke till the dying seconds of the match. Then lost the connection.

However, I may have ticked them hackers off with the nukes, they bloody well better be kept out of mc4 because the only match I actually enjoyed was the one with no hackers.

2. Supercupid

Supercupid Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Hopefully it'll have a better multiplayer mode cause modern combat 3 multiplayer was to easy and it was easy for ppl to cheat

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I would say it was really simple. Not saying game was simple but the way game coded out and stuffs

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Just a heads up, the HTML trick no longer works. When you do it, it goes to an error page. Not 404 but a page by Gameloft saying error

5. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    When you try to find new info like specializations. You could find out the fourth but now you can't because gameloft fixed it.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2346 Rip73, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    Yeah, they had to fix that because of all the YouTube leaks and the info making it onto other sites.
    There was a few people earlier this week that said too much on here about it as well, so closing that loop had to be done. Back around page 217-220.
    Anyway, a lot of that info was placeholders getting ready for the real info and unfinalised parts of the game that may or may not be in the release.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Huhaa. That's why I play MC2. :) I tried reinstalling MC3 back a couple of weeks ago, wasn't fun at all and removed soon after again

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, my earlier run of luck with the nukes ended pretty fast afterwards.
    Tried couple of more games and still got a lot of kills but speed hackers and grenade spammers were everywhere.
    It was just way too much hard work to try and get even a couple of kills.

9. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You guys would be amazed at how much the hackers don't bother me. Because I'm too busy with the damn LAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2350 Rip73, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    Hmmm, reinstalling mc3 might have been a bad idea.

Mc3 is most certainly very complete and worthwhile multiplayer and I've no doubt mc4 will be a massive improvement.
    However, after putting in a few hours today, my anticipation for MC 4 has died completely because of mc3 hackers.
    I'm reminded of mc3 launch where had great fun for launch day and was blown away by it. On the second day the hackers showed up.

NOVA 3 was very similar experience. Took them a few days longer to hack it, but hack it they did. And again ruined the experience of that.
    The excitement of playing both was gone after a week. To the point I thought to myself that there would be no point in getting mc4.

The recent info renewed my interest in MC 4 but now after putting a few hours into MC 3, that interest is completely tainted now and I might not bother with it at all.

Dunno really. A permanent ban from Gameloft live completely for hackers might change my mind but I can't see that happening.

And I know ES said they are working hard on it (and i believe that they hate the hackers/cheaters as much as me) but I've no doubt at all that it will be hacked because they are resilient little cockroaches and it only takes one and it'll be posted all over the Internet. It's only a question of when and what punishment they'll get.

11. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! Or something akin to an Internet version of that ;)

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Probably not gonna be any better than mc3.
    We don't know but I think getting rid of hackers 100% is totally impossible

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    But decreasing it and preventing it from spreading is. Trust me, the 12-year-old iPod users will get scared if lots of banning is done.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    True dat.

And you have to consider how easy it was to hack mc3 in the first place, game was terribly coded -- that can be fixed.

15. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Good thing this probably won't work on iPods then...

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Also true, 90% of the hackers are little kids with iPods, that would probably really help.

But I'll take the less-then-mc3 hackers if this game runs remotely smoothly on iPod.

I'm so selfish.

17. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Agreed, Ill never be getting an iPhone or iPad, and an iPod touch 5g is out of reach for me right now, so all I have is my iPod touh 4g

18. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Just get rid of supporting iPod 4 support. Since there is no JB for iOS 6 right now, that would get rid of almost half of the hackers

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I agree. As much as I want it to support iPod, it's probably better if they don't

20. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I hope they do support the ipod 4G because it will have to do until I buy a new device. Getting rid of supporting this device will not get rid of half the hackers. The only thing that will get rid of hackers is tighter security, enforcing bans on those hackers, and regular updates on this game.