Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    That little robot is copy-paste from BO2. Even the panel he pulls out to control it is the same :D. I just think it's funny how shameless they are sometimes. Not saying its a bad thing, but I think it's funny(I want CoD on my iPhone, so I'm fine).

2. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I hope that multplayer will be for more than 12 players

3. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I'm sure the A5 will do great with full effects like 25-30fps.

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well for the sake of everyone, if they're still polishing the game off, do it right Gameloft, take a few extra weeks if you need to, so we don't get a buggy mess. I rather this game be completed than a rushed mess ( just to appease some 13 year old, that wants the game now!!!, lol).

Plenty of games to play in the meantime. This game when completed will be the best Fps on iOS.

5. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I think it's possible the game has already been approved by apple and they are updating it as they go. If thats the case it probably wont take two weeks because apple is faster to approve updates. Gameloft allowing gameplay videos means that it's coming out soon. I still expect a november release.

6. Kaywar

Kaywar Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Hey everyone, new updates on the site, new content has been unlocked, more news and information will be released before the weekend, so keep an eye out for that

7. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The last link on the bottom, when typed into google translate, says mc4 will be released late November. Not sure how reliable the info is, but yah:p

Also, the video on the last link shows you a small little peak at the multiplayer customization. Its interesting:)

8. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    So then its gonna be released the 22nd

9. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Loadout screen, not sure if its for campaign or multiplayer but it should be the same.

[​IMG]

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think that could be the singleplayer, or they've removed the two currencies system from MC3 (singleplayer/local multiplayer one and the online multiplayer currency).

In MC3 the blue currency was for the singleplayer/local multi, and the icon in that screenshot is blue, soo...

11. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #3112 Kbcorwin, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    I see the ops55 returns... Hopefully more balanced now. It does look like that is for single player, but that's a strange way to do single player... Maybe local multi? I mean, it's not like they're competing online across the country... But it does say lt. Downs in the corner, so it's probably for single player.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's it. Huge sign that we are getting really damn close. Maybe a November release after all...

13. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    So it won't be locked 30 fps even with no real time shadows on a5 devices ): bummer. Hope it runs better than nova 3 at least

14. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Well what a disappointment to know despite all of the improvements to MC4, gameloft will still use the same shitty Xbox 360 control scheme.

A mobile game on touch devices need touch friendly controls not freaking 20 virtual buttons all over the damn tiny iPhone screen. CoD BO:zombies have a better intuitive way to run and aim (with accelerometer) instead of... MORE buttons.

Call of Duty on consoles is highly successful due to the controls being very easy for everyone to use. Unfortunately the same cant be said for MC series which only targets the CoD starved gamer.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    A5 was getting realtime shadows. Slidetoplay had them on an iPad 2 (albeit at a bad framerate).

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Have you ever played MC3? All you had to change with the controll scheme was make the fire button and the knife button as big as possible and the controlls were perfect (and in my case make sure that the moovement stick is fixed. I hate floating sticks. You can't aim above the dpad when sniping for example.)!

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Don't feed the trolls and they will go back under their bridges.

Of course this guy knows that MC3 has the best touchscreen controls for a FPS to date and BOZ had unresponsive, slow controls.

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks like singleplayer, but they could make it how BO2 has that combat training thing between 1-10 where you can get equipment by playing against bots and other low ranked noobs :p Okay maybe not, but yeah, looks like singleplayer, but they could do it universally too. That'd be interesting. Lt. Downs says singleplayer though

It's not OPS55! It's OPS65!! I still don't get why they name guns when the game goes to future. Like Type 25. As a secondary OPS could be a little less OP than in MC3.

Possibility A) You haven't even played MC3

Possibility B) You didn't know you could customize the controls

Possibility C) You sucked so bad with them

The most likely possibility D) You're trolling

19. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    And the Slidetoplay video was taken via a screen recorder which ALWAYS results in an appearance of dropped frames. Lets wait until we play it ourselves eh?

Some of the folk in here (not yourself) are becoming no more than trolls. Same boring shite every day.