Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    The cap is 2GB, IIRC.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ...wow.

29th likely. If they don't delay it.

3. What a waste of 64 gb, trade with him as soon as you can. Apple has a 2 gb limit on file sizes for now, but you will need the space on other games soon, so switch now, you never know, you will probably need the disk space soon.

4. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Gameloft Austrailia tweeted that MC4 will be out by the end of the month. Te new orders and Chaos and coming out on the 22nd, so the game should come out two weeks from tomorrow in the 29th. This actually fits GL's time pattern, and I predict they will release the offcial trailer tommorow, and the game will come out 2 weeks later, just like how it was for MC3. Coincidently, my birthday is tommorow, so maybe this is GL's birthday present to a fan. ;)

5. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    please stop it guys i beg you to stop respondinh to kid. He is such a trollllll and im so afraid of trolls. Pleade ignore him. Ignore anyone who slighly disagree with me. My name is jbruu n i can type in caps. Lollllll

6. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well I this case, I think everyone disagrees dramatically with him.

But I will take your sarcastic advise since your username is the best I've ever seen in these forums XD

7. #3167 Connector, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    I know I am kind of interrupting all the talk about trolls and writing in all lower caps, but I got a real question. I loaded up mc3 and played a bit for about half an hour, and was wondering why the framerates are better in this than in Nova 3. MC3, I don't notice too many framerate problems, Nova 3 can start having some issues. Is this the slower play? Or less enemies on the screen?

I am not really a FPS fanatic, but Dead Trigger and MC3 seem good framerate wise, but Nova 3 sometimes lags a little on my new ipad. Just curious why that is happening.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Because nova 3 is graphically pushing more polygons, higher res textures and more effects with larger environments. It is a graphically more advanced game and as such taxes your device's GPU more than a less advanced title such as MC3.

The better the game looks, the more system resources it takes to run it as a very general rule of thumb.

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Hence why Call of Duty titles run at 60FPS at 600p (mid-settings), and Battlefield 3 runs at 30FPS at 718p (low-settings). CoD has a low res and simple graphics while BF3 has complex environments and a higher resolution.

10. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    What he does is being his entire media from iTunes (really all my mom's music app and HD movies). So he has about 20 GB left. I would be left with about 5 GB left. So is the 2 GB cap the download cap or the install cap?

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I wouldn't go so far as to call CoD's graphics simple and low res. It actually looks quite nice and runs very well, which is more important than looks to me. The textures (BO) are actually better than BF3, really the only big thing BF3 has over CoD graphically is very, very good lighting. The physics and the sheer size of things are, I think, what eats up most of the system resources. That and the physics.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It can't be over 2GB because of app size limitations.

13. SnakeIz

SnakeIz Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    wish the aerial perks and ground drone werent all automated

14. SnakeIz

SnakeIz Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
  15. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Agreed, being able to control a ground drone and roll around shooting up guys would be pretty sweet.

16. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    12 persons for multiplayer is definitely too little, there is way more fun with cod and its 20-30 players per map. I hope that servers choosing will be better in MC4, and killcam wouldn't be so stupid like in MC3.

17. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Agreed, either a proper killcam or no kill cam, and just a quick respawn.

18. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
  19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    As has been made perfectly clear in every article that has posted a hands on, this is not the final release build.
    It is essentially an unfinished build that even has some objects (helicopter for example) untextured. A beta build to most, which by its very nature requires further optimisation and tweaking.
    So whether the framerate bugs you or not, it is not reflective of how it will run in final build.

20. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Jin is obsessed with framerates, lol.

I think it's safe to assume that the ipod 4G will not be supported. Based on a ton of new releases, the iPod 4G doesn't have enough ram for these high end games.

Time to upgrade my device. I'm leaning towards the mini iPad but I know in 8 months to a year, it will probably be upgraded with the A6 chip. At least I have access to my wife's iPhone 4S in the meantime.