Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It would be worth it to have the game tonight, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So it's not coming tomorrow...unless GL is bucking tradition and doing a worldwide simotaneous release like Rovio and Madfinger do.

3. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    I apologize for the confusion surrounding the release date. Before I give out specifics, I want to make sure the information that I relay to the fans is as accurate (and official) as possible- it's what the fans deserve. All I ask is for just a bit more patience. I will relay information as soon as I receive it.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3664 JBRUU, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Whether it comes out this week or next, I'm happy :) Just make sure that there aren't to many server issues at launch like MC3!

But I find it very hard to believe that you don't know the release date...come on you guys have been working on this probably before MC3 released, of course when you finish you have a good idea when your game is going to be submitted and launched. And seeing as how you have essentially zero new info to release (what, a few game modes?) we should (logically) either see the game this week or a launch trailer with a release date.

5. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Yeah, but with apple the review process takes a good week to three weeks, for a game this large longer, but countered by the fact that gameloft (I would think) gets priority in the review lineup. If it hasn't been approved by apple yet a firm date would still be unclear, and apple could still not approve it, meaning it would have to be fixed (probably just a few days to a week) and then resubmitted, with the review process taking another week to three weeks. It could get denied again, but that's worst case scenario, pretty much never does that happen.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Why would apple deny approval? Either app instability or content concerns, both of which are out of the question. Gameloft has always been pretty good about stable apps (framerate is another thing) and, well, I have no clue what apple would reject in regards to the content. Violence (dismemberment too :D) and language like the last one.

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Are you allowed to tell us if it is coming out tomorrow (Thursday)? Surely you can just give us a no answer?

8. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Regarding the revealing of release date, i think it's simple - worker needs permission from the boss before taking any action.
    It is frustrating when they dont share any info, not a fan of that or company's that do that kind of thing without logical explanation. (AU tweets?)
    That is not how you build healthy relationship with your targeted market, to be fair they did say "this fall" ..

9. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    But Winter is starting on December 1, so it should be out before 2 days.

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, no it isn't.

The astronomical fall (Northern Hemisphere) began Saturday, 22 September 2012, and ends Thursday, 20 December 2012.

11. danozzy18

danozzy18 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Beat me to that! another 4 Thursdays to look forward to, even though we can all probably rule tomorrow out as the release day, however there may still be hope!

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    No. Winter starts on like December 20th.

Edit: shit, there's another page. Sorry. What they said.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    *prepares for whiny 12 yr olds from palringo to come and whine about it not releasing tomorrow*

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The fact that it's Gameloft, I believe, pretty much gives them high priority in the review process. I could see Apple approving this almost instantaneous... but who knows if the game has been submitted?? Anyway Apple knows this game will be a monster with revenue. Any Call of duty, combat fps fan will be buying this for their device.

I really dig Gameloft's combat games, they are completely awesome !!

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And the fact that apple gets a 30% cut of MC4's sales I'm sure doesn't hurt...

16. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    This is Gameloft and the security is so tight:) The pentagon needs to give them approval before releasing such important information. ( I Keed)

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Exactly.

18. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Some game told me in twitter hat GL sent him a message saying that they had already submitted the game to apple. Also, iGN on twitter announced a giveaway for MC4.

In a very viewed side note, I was browsing tweets of MC4 fans and I found CMs twitter account.

19. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think it was supposed to release today, but they had to delay it due to server issues from HOC, Once HOC comes out for Android then MC4 should come out, because that means they solved the server issues. All speculation of course, hopefully cm gives us some good information soon.

20. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    Followed back :D