Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noel916

noel916 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    They have been saying that for a long time now lol

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    That was my point lol

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Not excited for MC4 at all now. After watching the IAP atrocities Gameloft has bestowed upon this game.....I will wait for the always inevitible $0.99 cent sale before I buy it. In the meantime I'll sit back and watch as people complain and rip gameloft a new asshole. Carry on gentlemen. :D

4. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I think that's what I'm going to do. I will watch videos on mc4. Watch impressions and wait for sale

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Gameloft, please, please make it do you have to rank up to earn guns. The current system is terrible, and once the game is hacked it will be unplayable.

6. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Check the website, it says new info on tuesday in the comments for the release info article. So I think very soon, although i will not be getting it day one.

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I'm still excited for this game, but I must say that it's really disappointing if you don't unlock guns through levelling up and it's all about IAP'S. Real shame. If it is like that then this game will struggle to reach 3.5 stars on the app store. I don't like the thought of it just being a heartless, soulless game that is just there to reel in money. Also, the game will be rubbish if the best player is the player who spends the most.

8. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Never thought I'd say this...

Gameloft has created a vicious cycle now. See, they lose money by offering these $0.99 holiday sales on their games. So now, people just wait for those. Because of this, they put **** IAP in there stuff to make the money they should be making off the initial $6.99.

So now, they are stuck. They keep releasing crap with IAP because they keep putting their games on sale. Solution is very simple, Charge $6.99 (Hell, charge me $10.00!), and remove the IAPs. Then, never put the game on sale.

Anyway, unfortunately, because of this whole issue, I as a consumer, am being forced to start playing along with it. I was going to buy this game for full price, but as soon as I heard about the IAPs, I have now decided to wait for a sale! Gameloft, you are quite literally screwing yourselves big time!!!

Why does mobile gaming have to become like this? Unfortunately this is the truth: Freemium IS the future of mobile gaming... Makes me want to just quit. :( I don't mind IAPs for unlocking a full game/pro version. But consumables! Those damn "consumables"... I am done with gameloft now. I've deleted all their games from my device, and computer. I cannot keep supporting developers who won't even listen to their customers.

Please people, vote with your dollar! Say no to freemium. Keep supporting indie developers who promise to never add frickin' consumables to their games.

Alright, I'll stop now. In the meantime, I will enjoy my favorite non IAP games. :D Bastion, True Skate, Minecraft PE, God of Blades, and... Oh crap, those are the only ones I have.

9. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    If gameloft wants to be liked, they will have to do it the hard way, have no IAPs and no sales for a few games and people will eventually buy it for its price rather than wait for sales and respect them for no IAPs, they may lose money initially, but in the long run will recieve more money and respect.

10. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Long as devs are keep putting IAP like this in mobile games, I will never stop playing on consoles. People say "yeah it's only a $1" but that's when the problem starts. It's not fun to play the game to just unlock everything. Basically goal in mc4 is to unlock everything. I hate it. I want to have fun not worried about "oh what if I buy this gun and it sucks and I wasted my gold coins?" I don't want to deal with those things. It just makes whoever make games really greedy and un respectful.
    I think gameloft just really should make this game $1

11. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The whole point of a combat fps is too level up by earning it through gameplay. That is why Mc2 had me hooked. I wanted to keep leveling up so I could attain better guns, which would give me a bit of an advantage. For those in mc2 using the golden AK, you know what I mean. Shadowgun deadzone got their IAP weapon model right, you have to earn money through Gameplay to attain weapons and the only way to earn lots of money is by playing the game and levelling up.

Anyway I'm going to wait until this game is released, if it has the IAP model where you can attain any weapon with gold from the start. I probably won't buy it right away.

My status has gone from instabuy to skeptical.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This thread itself is going to hell with all the piracy talk, swearing, insulting and wishing death/AIDs/what the hell ever on Gameloft. Please calm down guys. There are calmer ways to vent your anger. If this doesn't stop, I'm afraid some stern action is going to be taken and we don't want that happening, do we?

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3913 JBRUU, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    Yeah, I'm sorry about that post. Suffice it to say that I'm extremely peeved right now.

Edit: where's CM to tell us how good things come to those who wait, huh? Telling that she hasn't been here at all since we found out about this. I don't know about you guys but I'm going to be playing Vice City next week, not this load of crap.

14. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Exploring and finding stuff in games is cool but my experience with any FPS has always been you against the whole world in the campaign, even though you have teammates next to you everyone is shooting at you only and your teammates bullets can't kill the enemy, they only go down when you shoot them. I find this formula to be very lame and half assed and I want no part of it. When I buy a FPS it is for the online only. The last campaign I played was call of duty 4 modern warfare, the rest of them are like I explained already.

15. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #3915 Paul202, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    Sorry for the language, but all of the fans of Modern Combat are EXTREMELY pissed off right now. Gameloft just made one of the possible best and console quality games into a freemium game.

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    It sucks mp is going to be a Iap fest, but if the campaign is good then the 699 is worth it.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Let me add something to this: TouchArcade is not going to turn into GameTrailers on our watch. I don't care how long you've been at TA; anyone who brings the discussion to the level we've seen here is risking their membership. I've already put Suicide Bomber (what a stupid name, BTW) on time-out, and next time I catch him getting out of line he's out of here permanently.

I am going to go through the thread now and removing any YouTube video links from the thread, as commenters have posted links to the pirate sites for the game. Don't waste our time posting them again.

18. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    How much do you guys want to bet that once the game comes out that whole "community interaction" thing that Gameloft promised will be come, and nobody from GL will ever be seen on the forums?

19. Gameloft_Alex

Gameloft_Alex New Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Everyone,

I’m Alex, the designer of MC4. I’m jumping in because I can feel that you are all very stressed about the in-game shop from the leaked gameplay video you’ve seen. Our community manager can answer any of your questions – but let me tell you a few things you need to know:

GUNS AND SHOP
    You absolutely don’t have to worry about the credits. If you played MC3, then you are already familiar with how the system works. You gain the exact same currency while playing as the currency required to buy any of the items. We’ve designed a shop menu where all items from the game are listed just to streamline the process of buying weapons and attachments (we have a lot of them). It’s a nice way to view everything the game has to offer in one place.

But the most important: There are no ‘paywall’. There is no other currency. There is no need to spend one dollar if you don’t want to. Just like in MC3, you can buy in-game credits with real money as a way to gain access to some guns or attachments faster. But that is totally optional. That will not cause any balancing issues because our weapons are carefully designed and balanced. If one weapon causes powerful damage, then it will lack mobility or accuracy, etc. There is no ‘best’ weapon – they all have their unique style of play and it’s really up to you to discover them. We really don’t think this is hurting the game, and I actually think it makes it better than MC3.

CUSTOMIZATION
    We want players to try different attachments on their guns, tweak them, and discover new builds. You have a lot more control over your weapons in MC4 than ever before. You have a lot more freedom, but because of that we didn’t want to lock that great customization system in the rankings because it would have defeated the purpose of trying new builds. Everyone would have the exact same loadout at every rank. That is not our goal.

PROGRESSION
    You will also rank up a lot faster than in MC3, and you will always have enough credits to buy something after almost every match. Weapons are obviously more expensive than attachments, but you will be able to buy an attachment every 1 or 2 matches.

SPECIALIZATIONS
    One important thing that wasn’t mentioned anywhere yet: the entire Specialization system and all the skills are unlocked with ranks. You need to work hard to gain access to them. We believe the specializations are game changers but also require gameplay experience, therefore there are no way to buy them ahead of their rank requirements. This is classic MC3 here.

I understand your concerns. You guys are all very important to us and we appreciate how you care about the game. I hope this stuff makes you feel better. MC4 is great and will always remain fair for all players. I really can’t wait to play with you guys online when the game is released.

All the best,

Alex
    www.modern-combat.net

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #3920 squarezero, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    Thanks for the clarifications. Hopefully the folks who are most hysterical about this will read it and at least take a deep breath.

BTW Welcome to TA, Alex. I only wish it hadn't been under these circumstances.