Monimals by Unseen-Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Unseen Studios, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    We are going to say the video will be available once you finish reading this sentence.

http://kamcord.com/v/lzXJMkBqgNY/
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwOvYInKcFU

Not all skills have the correct animations, or particle effects yet, we are continuing to work hard on it though, hopefully you can see the potential we have here. The Creature List where you see me switching creatures is also in the works of being updated to a new interface.

(Note: This is an in game recording played on an iPhone 4 device, the video has been downscaled to standard res for ease of uploading. In the live game you will have the ability to record any match you wish and upload it to Youtube/Facebook/Twitter)

2. LockStock

LockStock Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Very nice. I look forward to seeing all the custom animations. One thing I would ask though, is there a way to speed up the text or the animations to make the battles that little bit quicker?

3. Muz333

Muz333 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    Microbiologist.
    UK
    Yeah it definitely has potential, I like the animation of the "roar" attack and if all/most attacks get similar effects the game will look quite simply gorgeous.

I was going to suggest showing debuff icons under the health bar after I seen the stun but as shown later with the poison it looks like you have already implemented this.

My one concern echoes that of LockStock above me, is this run at regular speed and if so can we have the option to increase this? Even if this were to cost a couple of animation frames I think it's very important to have battles that flow quite fast as with any RPG where the gamer will be expected to have hundreds if not thousands of battles and if it doesn't feel just right it can ruin an otherwise perfect game.

On another note having skim read the previous pages I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Will this game have an overworld and exploration based style of play? I imagine it probably will as I did catch you were at one point in touch with writers?

2) What is your policy on pricing? Is this a one off payment or freemium supported by IAPs or a combination of the two?

4. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    #64 Unseen Studios, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    This is the default speed the battles will run at. We will be providing settings to turn off parts of the floating text individually. For example turning off move names or debuff names. We will also included other options to speed up the battles for those that wish to have faster battles.

To answer your questions:

1: Yes we will have an overworld for exploration and also a unique storyline.
    2: The game will most likely be available for the small initial fee. I do not believe in freemeium games so you can rest assured it won't be loaded with IAP. Any IAP will be reserved for extra storyline and creatures as we make more regions available.

5. i100

i100 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    This looks awesome! So are you guys still aiming for a late summer release?

6. Muz333

Muz333 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    Microbiologist.
    UK
    Sounds good to me and glad to hear you aren't going down the freemium route. On the other hand paid expansion packs that introduce new areas and creatures is absolutely fine by me.

I'll keep a close eye on this project, keep up the good work.

7. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Four more Monimals revealed, including the two revealed in the battle video:

[​IMG]
    (Click the image for the full size image)

We are working as hard as possible to release ASAP

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    When is your estimated release date? Or you don't have one yet?

Could you perhaps, make a video of the character walking?

9. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Questions from a huge pokemon fan:

Is there IV's and EV's in this (Individual values and Effort values)
    How many types/elements are there, and do certain types focus on different things? (like in pokemon, steel are mostly defensive, Ice, fire and electric are usually glass cannons, etc)
    Are there passive abilities?

10. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    nice screens!!!
    definitely an instabuy for me!!

11. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
  12. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    @Varking - I have adjusted the logo to a more forum friendly size for you.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the interview, I am glad with how it has turned out.

13. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Thank you for the update and I have updated the interview since than. Thanks again!

14. LockStock

LockStock Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Nice interview with a couple of great teasers (I went looking for toweurtle, and if I've spotted his pixilated sprite then it looks like he has a pretty cool and heavily fortified evolution).

It raises a small question though (hopefully you've not had your fill of them from the interview), have you kept the exhausting energy system due to battling ect in the current version of monimals?

15. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Hi LockStock,

Unfortunately the exhausting energy system for the player is gone for good it would seem a bit odd for the player to just die mid story and then be reborn at the same point. However I do have some plans to bring in a similar system for the creatures for fans of playing a well known creature catching game on "hard mode" at some time after release.

16. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Would it be easy to allow the uploading of videos to Google+ as well? I use that as my main social network and don't use Facebook at all.

17. LockStock

LockStock Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Cheers for the reply Unseen-Studio's. I was never a big fan of energy exhaustion systems, I find it really annoying to have to put down a game that you're just getting into because you've ran out of energy, so I'm glad to see it was taken out.

18. sir_racer05

sir_racer05 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Kansas, USA
    So do you expect it to be out in the next month or two?

19. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    [​IMG]

20. Unseen Studios

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    As per the release date we have just recruited a new tile artist to work on all the tiles so the game may take longer than expected to release but the tiles are pretty unique and like nothing we have seen done before.
    While these new art assets are in development we will be working hard to polish off the rest of the game.