Monkey Land 3D w/free download codes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Ashes, Nov 12, 2013.

1. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    The dev was kind enough to send me a code. I agree with the reviews already posted. The tilting to move the camera was almost immediately annoying, and the music is grating. Movement isn't bad, but I often got kinda "hung" on edges, especially going up hills and jumping. Jumping seems very loose and inconsistent. The graphics are lovely though, and as others said, it shows a lot of promise. Thanks again to the dev for sending me a promo code, I really appreciate it

2. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm very confused by this game very on the fence to buy it the main reason is because of the graphics and the frames they show. I'm just really confused what this game is?

3. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Well, the Unreal Engine 3 is lovely (it always is), but there's no proper loading screen? The gameplay gets boring pretty fast, and there's alot of collision-related issues going on in-game.

4. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    You don't like the UDK loading screen lol So the thing with that is I just need to make a m4v video file and I don't have anything to make a m4v video right now. When you say collision-related where are you talking about? Edges of levels or obstacles in the level? Thanks for playing it and giving feedback!

5. darkprophet2088

darkprophet2088 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I was wondering if I could please have a promo code, if you have any left, ashes. I'll be sure to rate and review. I remember games like this. n74 was the last Nintendo console I owned, and there were plenty of games like yours. Mario 64, banjo, donkey kong... never got into rayman tho

6. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    The game is a test of your own maneuvering skills. There are no enemies yet only a time limit with open levels to explore and treasure chests to open. It's like a giant maze but with treasure to find! It's fun and easy to just play around in but it will offer a challenge to those few that try to beat it :)

-Matt
    @FMJgames

7. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

I keep trying to post a review of this game on the App Store but it tells me I do not own the game or have it installed to write a review... odd

8. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    Ya for some reason it won't let you review it unless you buy the app. I didn't make the rules sorry, You can leave a review in the official game forum thread if you want. I have zero reviews in it and I also added a mini tutorial telling peeps to basically push the joystick past the edge of the circle to jump high. Like 75% up the screen should be the full jump.

Regards,
    Matt
    @FMJgames

9. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Man codes go fast, rude how they can't even reply ... may I have a code please ?

10. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    Sent!

11. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    Hey i sent you one as well! Still have some left if anyone wants to play!

Just do me a favor and make sure you press the joystick far enough past the circle edge to run fast and jump high!

-Matt
    -FMJgames

12. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    Would love a code

13. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    You should marry it then, because I sent it :p

14. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    May I request a code?
    Seems fun
    Thanks

15. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    You may and it's sent! Have fun :)

-Matt
    @FMJgames

PS I'm off for the night but I'll be back on tomorrow leave a comment for a code it's just that easy!

16. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Sent a PM
    would love one,thank you

17. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Hi! Can I get a code and possibly any impressions?

18. wazz4life

wazz4life Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Hey can I please have a code I would truly appreciate it

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Sent a PM & would love a code as well, if I'm not too late. (I fear that I am)

20. Ashes

Ashes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Game devoloper
    Seattle
    #100 Ashes, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    These have been the impressions so far but I get the feeling that players should know the virtual joystick goes almost all the way up the screen and you can slide it up like 75% to jump really high. That should help anyone playing so much so I think I should mention it. Here are some reviews so far...

Notice NOBODY mentions opening a damn treasure box :p I will hook you up with codes in the morning when I'm at the office!

-Matt
    @FMJgames