Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The dungeons/wilderness is randomly generated, I am not sure by what you mean in regards to the loot being randomly generated but there are items randomly spread in the dungeon/wilderness.

2. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Looks great! For $2 I'm definitely getting this as I enjoy most FM games. Is it a coincidence that this is being released very close to the Pokemon X/Y release on 3DS? ;)

Are there any impressions yet for those of us that have to wait another 12 hours? :)

3. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I got lucky and won an early promo code yesterday and posted some impressions in the upcoming thread. I would be happy to answer any questions as best as I can.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lalalalala! Tis on the PH appstore!

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Really? We're gloating now? :p:rolleyes:;):D

DBC

6. Cool, looking forward to trying this.

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Any IAP? Hope its not needed if there is

8. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Can't wait for this one. Nice art style

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You can buy coins and orbs via IAP (so it's pretty much like every iOS game in that respect), from the first hour that I played they didn't seem necessary at all, but I can't really judge yet.

The game runs uite well on the iPod Touch 4 so far, I'll have a video of it later today. For now here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]
    Spawn ALL of the blobs!

10. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    Only game im grabbing tonight. Love the developer and their games as well the support after release always is solid :) Cant wait till 11pm.
    Guess im going in to work tired tomorrow lol:D

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    To this day, I've yet to see a Foursaken game where IAP is anything else than a non-essential shortcut, and one that in most cases also ruins the fun of progression and discovery.

12. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    I totally agree!!! :D I just want the game already lol stupid 11pm release should be 11am releases instead dam it :mad:

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Just a general question that will show my ignorance. Does the game lean more towards then rogue-like and combat adventure mechanics or more towards the Pokemon-type monster collecting? I ask because the game looks awesome and I've been looking forward to it but have never gotten into Pokemon style games. I particularly are not all that fond of tasks like feeding and taking care of your monsters.

Guess I'm more action and less sim oriented.

14. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    IAP is totally not needed but the urge is there when you see something awesome at the visiting merchant that you can't afford. I did buy an IAP to support Forsaken since I got the game for free and I wanted something from the visiting merchant.:D

15. HomeFries

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    I believe the only Pokemon like it has is catching the monsters but from the video it seems you don't feed them just upgrade their ability's.
    cheers

16. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This is not a sim game at all, it is totally action based. You don't have to feed your monster but you will because there are consumables that permanently boost your monsters stats. The collecting of monsters is different from pokemon in that you aren't catching monsters to raise and level up. You are collecting monsters to unlock new skills to use for your monster.

I am currently about five hours into the game and I still only have one monster, the game is definitely set up like you are going to have more than one monster but I haven't acquired any more yet.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thank you for the earlier response. Just asking further with the rougelike play, so if you die during a run you lose exp and gold ect is a run a certain length you must make it to or do you decide when to end a run thus making safe anything you found?

Also wondering if anyone knows where I can get a uk App Store link? I can never find new apps by searching names right at release time.

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

While you're exploring, you uncover "town portals", which take you safely back to town. There are also items that can transport you back... so you basically have to weigh whether or not to keep going deeper, or go back and play it safe ;)

20. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Pumped to get this tonight!!! Anyone else getting on release want to play? Just add me on Skype or Steam @ RichRuzz