Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I guess I'll buy it. I have an AUS account. Sure it's on there.

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I have the same problem and usually counter it by searching for one of the devs older releases then pressing the 'related' tab that shows up devs other games and the new game will be right there in the list. This method has not failed me when the release is not yet searchable so I hope it works for you too :D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    From all my purchases today so far, this has been the best one. No surprise there though. Get this as soon as it hits your appstore.

4. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #44 chaos_envoys, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    This is better than IB 3 on its current state!! Loving the mechanics of "equipping" monsters essence as parts.. Catching monsters is for gaining new abilities, and defeating them sometimes yield essence that you can equip to increase your monsters stats and alter their appearance.. There are 4 slost for the essence (head,body,hand,feet) and its fun combining monsters.. Loving the boilbird!!!!!

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try that in a few hours when it's hopefully here. Guess I'm going to be setting Warhammer Quest down for a while once I get this.

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    #47 sivad, Oct 9, 2013
    I have seen that their will be online leaderboards, is there also a multiplayer, co-op or pvp? I haven't seen while scanning, if answered prior I apologize.

I think I found it saying monsters arena, but also no connection required, so I will assume that means asynchronous multi?

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yep, there is both PvP and co-op. They are both real-time... no internet connection is required for single player.

9. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Thanks for fast response, and for continuing these great games. I will continue to support come 11 PM!!

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #50 JCho133, Oct 9, 2013
    Woaaah there's co-op? I've been following this game since announcement and had no idea! Is it like a survival mode in the coliseum?

Also how many element types are there?

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm just wondering as I don't really get Internet that's very reliable for the near future. Can people that play co op and pvp progress further than someone on single player? Like better gear ect

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

;) Co-op is where you and a friend can journey out into the wilderness... you can go as deep as you are both able. So technically you could play a large part of the game with a friend.

As for element types, there are 5 types. Each one counters a different element type. You also have to be imbued with an element to catch the same element of wildings (to learn their abilities). So for ex, you have to be fire in order to catch a fire enemy.

13. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So at any one time, you will only be able to catch 4/5 enemy types?

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    :eek:

And it was at that point in our story dear reader that DBC gets intriguing news and our hero becomes very, VERY excited about the new release from the boys at Foursaken... Oh. My. Yesh please. :D

DBC

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Nope... xp and gold are split between players in co-op, so while you can technically get further with 2 players, you also won't be getting any larger of a haul. Also there aren't any special items or anything like that that you can only get by playing multiplayer.

Well, most enemies are neutral (so I guess technically there are 6 elements, if you include neutral)... and you have it basically opposite :p You can only catch 1/5 of the element types, depending on your current element. You can always catch neutral enemies though. So if you're currently a fire elemental, you can catch fire and neutral enemies, but not water, grass, rock, or bolt.

Mind you, you can choose which element to imbue yourself with, and there are various items which give you temporary elements... its part of the overall strategy of the game - each element offers different, large bonuses, but of course they make you vulnerable to a certain enemy type... and then of course you can only catch wildings of your element. Elements play a much larger role in the coliseum, where teams of monsters may have different elements, which you'll have to counter accordingly.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh my gosh how was this not discussed more in the upcoming forum?! I was already jumping out of my pants waiting for this to hit US but now I can't even begin to describe how anxious I am... Who wants to be my buddy? :D

17. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Will the co-op be online only, or will there be a local wifi or Bluetooth option?

18. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Oh...ok, I thought since there are 4 parts to a monster, each part can be a different element, giving you 4 elements. I haven't been following this game closely, but since it's Foursaken, I know it will be good ;)

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Local and global multiplayer is in... including bluetooth to bluetooth, and local wifi.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    What's the file size after installing & where's Ninjackid?