Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm horrible at it mate. It's never been on my Elite list, don't get me wrong, I like it. But when you suck at something, it takes away from the experience. Haha!

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Similar to what's happening to me in Monster Dash, but quite the opposite on Solipskier. Highest so far is 13 million on Solip; I love the sense of speed and the rush you get from the game.

My highest so far in Monster Dash is only 3.5k'ish :(

3. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Keep at it mate, I had 3,600 last night, but played a little this morning and I'm up 1,300!

4. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Do you auto-spam the Shotty, or only shoot when required?

Auto-spamming feels cheap, but it's easier I guess... no?

5. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Depends mate, I find it much harder to focus if I'm spamming the firearm. I say just fire when needs be. But damn, things get hectic fast in this.

6. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

Same here! Don't like to autofire.

It's a good game. Bought it just because it's from halfbrick! ;)

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I suspect I already know the answer, but am I the only one who feels like the game becomes less fun the faster the scroll speed gets? After a certain point it's hard for my eyes to focus on what is coming up and it's just not fun at all.

I wonder if we could at least get a mode where the scrolling speed remains constant. Could always call it the "Geriatric Mode" or something.

8. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    That's the exact reason i've been having trouble cracking 3,800... my health isn't ever a problem (2+ hearts all the time) but jumping into unpredictable gaps is becoming annoying because of the speed, indeed.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I'm always dying between 4 and 6k. It's not a big problem for me. The game feels a bit too slow at the beginning for me right now.

And autofire doesn't work for a good ranking since there are pauses between two shots and enemies will run into you exactly in this moment sooner or later.

10. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    i like it, awesome game to kill time with (Y)
    i seem to enjoy shooting monsters more than jumping gaps though, perhaps a monsters only mode? flat, no gaps, you'd still have to jump to avoid them and stuff.. defeats the purpose of the game though...

11. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    Oh, I suck in this. ):
    I get always only 2k.

12. zbob

zbob Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    i sucked when i started playing it. come to think of it, i still suck now. i cant even break 5000!

13. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    I maybe want more characters, modes, and theres coins to upgrade your
    dude, or something. ):

14. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Why does this have such little stars?

This is definitely in the same realm as Canabalt and all the popular pick up and play games. It's a fun game and it does start to get a bit addicting. The game is as simple as it gets, run, jump, shoot. You have to avoid all the monsters that are blocking your path or kill them and while doing so avoid obstacles that appear in front of you.

There are several different levels to play in and from what I can tell there is one special gun, but there could be more I'm not too sure.'

Thankfully the guys at Halfbrick Studios have promised additional content and I know there devs that will actually deliver, not just do false promises. Worth the current asking price for sure.

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I keep getting a notification to rate the game. I did the first time by following the link, but I keep getting the request to do so over and over. The devs should fix this because it's really annoying.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I bought it. Not sure why though, I have a bunch of running games and though I usually get my .99 worth, I always get tired of them relatively quickly. I dont see anything about this one that will really change that. Chop Chop Runner has enemies too...I did get maybe 2-3 hours out of that one.

17. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Still not interested.

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

now that i personally reccomend it, you are now interested in this game. no?

19. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    No, you're not the only one. I actually enjoy the start of the game more than when it gets too fast. I reached 5 km, but honestly, from 3.5 km, it was all luck. I don't think I'll ever reach it again. Now I always fall in a hole at about 3 km at most.

The scrolling gets so fast it hurts my eyes too... Ouch.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I heard of a guy whose eyes exploded at the 6 km mark. Dude.