Monster Hunter - Dynamic Hunting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by strivemind, May 18, 2011.

1. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry but i gotta go with the majority here and say that i really hope we arent looking at a finished product. When the player moved to the side of the Monster it just sat there. Wudnt it turn too or just let u beat on it from the side? I, also like most of the others, loved the Monster Hunter games on PSP and Tri on Wii. This looks extremely dissapointing in compariosn to them. I dont see any reason why capcom wudnt or cudnt make a full version w exploration etc. When i saw the Monster Hunter title i was so excited. Only to read on and see the video and be totally let down. What a c-ck tease.

2. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Pretty sure there is no Monster Hunter on PS3 (perhaps you mistyped PS2), and only a limited Japanese and Korean release for PC and 360.

In any case I've never felt Monster Hunter is about exploring. The maps are (relatively) small and once you've seen them once there's nothing new to find. What it is about is hunting, and you can't very well hunt or track a monster when it is just presented to you in the one area.

Of course, the gathering materials to build new and better gear is also a major part, and this seems to have that. There appears to be a loot screen in the video after YKK is taken down and I assume these materials be used for upgrading gear and weapons. Perhaps that will be enough to attract less die hard Monster Hunter fans.

As much as it pains me to say; there is no way we'll ever see a fully featured Monster Hunter title on iOS. While I have no doubt that current iOS devices would be able to handle the rendering of environments, regular and boss mobs and the player the game is just not possible with such limited control input.

3. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Hmm, i'm still cautiously optimistic, however the indicators for attacks, and the health bar are a bit worrying- hopefully there's some sort of expert difficulty mode, or whatever, which removes all such training wheels.

@JamesDean69: Presumably, the monsters will track if you move to the side, but even in the PSP version, you had that window of opportunity to dodge round and hit the wing or leg for a stagger before they would turn. Obviously the harder monsters would be more difficult to do this on.

All that said, though- am i the only one who finds the title 'dynamic hunting' to be somewhat misleading? It's not particularly dynamic at all, and the 'hunting' part is totally negated by the fact that you don't have to track down the monsters before fighting them...

4. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I think you can connect your PSP to the PS3 and play on the TV.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah that totally counts :rolleyes:

6. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Why are all of Capcom's offerings on iOS so terrible?