Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #5641 chaos_envoys, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    This game was my reason to stay on iOS instead of android, but I gave up a couple of months ago because emulators are the best for me... No problem on the compability... iOS really need to fix the issue on games or apps breaking after an os update, especially since it updates quickly....

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I did it. Went to Apple and scooped up one of their last 128GB iPhone 6 models. It was on iOS 8.1.2. So I'm going to manually force the 8.4 update with the .ispw file so I can restore my iCloud backup. Then we'll be monster hunting with a better battery for at least another year or two! So excited. I didn't want to risk getting the 6s in case it wouldn't work with 8.4. Plus according to their website, they are going to drop the 128GB 6 once the 6s launches. So, I hope this works! If not, they said I can return it within 14 days. Shoot, the manager even had the 6 opened and checked if it was still on iOS 8 before I bought it. Super cool of them. I mean, it was either this or forking out for a 3DS and starting all over in MH4U.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's awesome news! I did want a higher ios 8 firmware (I decided to stick to 8.1), but then they removed file access in 8.3 or 8.4? So I'll never go higher. I wish I upgraded to 8.2 at least though, darn it :\

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. Just got the message that iOS 8.4 is no longer being signed by Apple. I forgot about that. I'm going to restore it to 8.4.1 and see if that will still receive my iCloud backup. If so, I guess I'm rolling with 8.4.1 for a long while.

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Alright, so I did indeed restore the phone to 8.4.1 because Apple is still signing that build. I'm sure with the release of the 6s tomorrow, the 8.4.1 build will not be signed much longer, especially since there has been updates to iOS9 already. So, if anyone else wants to hold onto MHFU for iOS for a while, 8.4.1 might be it for now. And if you've upgraded to iOS 9 already, but haven't found anything in it that you need, you can still downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 pretty easily. Now, I'll just be waiting for a stable jailbreak so I can transfer my save file!

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5646 Vovin, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Use iPhone Explorer on PC and simply copy your save file to PC and back on your new device. You don't need to jailbreak.

And yeah. I can understand Capcom rebelling against Apple. On the other hand, most incompatible games were simply fixed by a textfile. Users proved that it is often not a problem to update a game to the new iOS. So better come on and fix that, Capcom. If MHFU remains broken, I will refund it.

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Shoot probably would've been considerably cheaper to just get the 3DS with MH4U. For my taste MH4U is quite a bit better than MHFU. Would cost less than $300 to get the new 3DS XL and MH4U plus you'd have access to games that you don't have access to now.

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I sold my old DS back in the day because I stopped playing as much as my phone and even my GBA. And I really only had to pay tax on the new phone at the moment. So not bad.

And good news. Evidentially, MHFU's save files are included in our iCloud backup. I opened the app once my backup loaded, and there it was! iOS 9 crises completely averted.

9. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Hum, you downgraded to 8.4.1?

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, technically my 5s had 8.4 and my new 6 had 8.1.2. So, I had to upgrade to 8.4.1 in order to get my iCloud backup onto the 6 since Apple no longer signs 8.4. But anyone who just upgraded to 9 who still wants to run Monster Hunter for the foreseeable future might want to downgrade to 8.4.1. iOS 8.4.1 won't read an iOS 9 iCloud backup though, so you would have to use an older iCloud backup from 8.4.1 or below.

11. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Capcom has way too many reasons to update their game to ios 9 than 2k to update Bioshock,they WILL do that.

12. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So... They put the warning in the app description that says to not update to iOS 9 if you want to play the game, yet they continue to sell the game, and in the compatibility description it says iOS 6 and up...

...plus, if you already bought the game (as I had), you do not see that warning in the description because who has time to check the app page of every game and app they have before updating the OS?

I tried to request a refund, however it seems I bought too long ago to be eligible.

My one hope is that some day it will be possible to play ipa files through an emulator. Slim hope, but I feel that's more likely than Capcom actually fixing it; I still can't restore my purchased chapters on Ghost Trick (which appears to have been removed entirely from the US App Store).

13. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Ghost Trick is amazing, played on my old DS...

But i want monster hunter NOW!!!

I bought it, i paid for it, implayed it!

You cant do this to us CAPCOM!

14. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Their Twitter handle is @ monsterhunter perhaps all of us can tweet to them

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yeah,tweet them until they're exhausted and fix it!

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5656 Vovin, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    It's unbelievable that Capcom won't update this to iOS9. This game is still on the Appstores and selling very well, spilling money to the devs daily. Poor people who are new to iOS when the 6S/6S+ comes and they have no clue about compatibilities yet. Capcom, that's a big fail. I bet there's a simple fix for it. Maybe an user will fix it again, like it happened to other games, and the devs will just apply the fix. But that's a good idea, we all should tweet or mail or even raise our voices on Capcom's facebook.

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    often enough i was on the fence to buy this,now i'm glad i never did.

18. ViNZsters

ViNZsters Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Great idea. I'm gonna do that right now. Hoping they'll give in to the request. Hahahaha

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Tweeted them too. Asked them to update because people with the new iPhones won't be able to play it...unless the reason they won't be updating it is because they're porting over a more recent MH game? Fingers crossed lol

20. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If they aren't going to update this, and instead port over a new Monster Hunter, I'll avoid it like the plague.

This is barely over a year old, and they are refusing to fix it. How likely are they to fix anything else that breaks when iOS 10 or 11 comes out?

I'm done with premium Capcom games on mobile.