Monster Shooter 2: Back to Earth (by Gamelion) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamelion_Sebastian, Apr 5, 2013.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Release date please!!!

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Oh man, really awesome, we need this now!!!!

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    When will it release?

4. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    #24 Gamelion_Sebastian, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  5. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Looking forward to this. Would REALLY be looking forward to it if Freemium didn't threaten to ruin it.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Love the story of the game. But i want to know about some new feature in this version?

7. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

What? Very cool version update. New platform, gun, kill boss, more effect and look beautiful art style improve too, can't waitttttt.

8. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    #28 Gamelion_Sebastian, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Monster Shooter 2 coming August 1st to iOS

Monster Shooter 2 will be released on iTunes App Store for free worldwide on August 1st, next week Thursday.

We already have promo codes to give away for anyone interested to write a review of the game on TA forum before the release!

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh heck multiplayer! That would make this game the best iOS dual stick shooter I know. Please don't tell me I need facebook for that, I hate facebook requirement :(

10. sugimulm

I'm game! Loved the first one! Can't wait for the sequel!

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #31 kenken11, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Hi guys, I got hold of a promo code and here is some of my initial impressions after an hour of gameplay.

1) It's our same dual stick shooter game and you will have the usual fixed stick or floating stick. Pretty smooth throughout the whole gaming experience, ok next.

2) 5 huge stages with 5 sub-maps within each stages. Each sub map is further broken down into a few missions to complete. Different mission type, 1)kill all enemy 2)grab some items 3)protect the cute little cat to end point. So many many gaming time here.

Timer- Given 10/10 initially and each mission deplete 1/10. So at one go u can only complete 10 missions and u have to wait 4-5mins to collect 1/10 to play again, if not u can pay some real cash to refresh or invite a fren or email a fren to get additional 1/10. I hate this. I wanna play more.

Dual currency- 1 normal cash for buying weapon which can be easily grind through playing the mission , 1 gold cash for upgrade of weapon which does not drop and u probably need to see some advertisement or video to get it or use real cash to buy it. (It's pretty standard for a free game)

Gamplay- Pretty fun overall with all the smooth butter movements and nice graphic, variety of guns, perks which add temp stats, variety of missions, huge bosses for each stage.

The saddening fact is that, initial Internet connection is needed for playing.

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    What has led to all of this freemium nonsense over the past 2-3 years? Is it piracy? Greedy developers? The high cost of production values? Jail breaking? All of the above? None of the above?

I'm quite a hypocrite because I download and pay for some freemium content but enough already.

If devs need to make more money, charge to unlock levels rather than this consumable IAP.

13. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Isn't there also going to be a "premium" version at some point as well, though? The first monster shooter was released that way.

14. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Yes, i having waiting for it!

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    What if the paid version would only remove timer, not the premium currency? Or worse, remove the latter and keep the former?

I'm kinda pessimistic these days.

16. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The arrival of the Freemium version first really shows where the priorities lie.

Might I add that I have spent excessive amounts of time preaching about a paid AND free version of a game, if the developer simply HAS to go the Freemium garbage route. However, I have to remind myself after every time I make such statements that a Premium version would compete with the Freemium version. A Premium version is dead weight when you can perpetually suck consumable IAP dollars from inpatient, unsuspecting gaming neophytes, while those of us who want to actually own our game--yes, own, the opposite of rent--are left with our dummies hanging out and our moral objections ignored.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's always hard posting impressions when someone does before you and they turn out to be exactly what you had in mind. kenken11's impressions mirror mine exactly and hence why this is probably going to be shorter than I had in mind.

Yeah, the game's freemium. Multiple currencies, timers, IAPs, whatever. I'm not even gonna bother posting about that, because I don't like freemium games and never will.

The game however, is brilliant and I don't know how to say it any better so I'm just going to spew random comments: Everything you loved about the first Monster Shooter is back, just bigger and more beautiful than ever. The perfect controls of the first make a return and even though there are tons of buttons to press (switching weapons, grenades, etc.) nothing feels cluttered. You've got tons and tons (and tons) of gorgeous, varied weapons, each with what seems like endless upgrades. The temporary perks from the first game are also here and are just as welcome. The missions, too, are varied and keep the game from ever going stale. The game's loud! The graphics and animations (and gore) are delicious. The levels are incredibly detailed and essentially fill the void (that I'm sure everyone wanted) from the first game. The bosses are massive, the mechs are a blast to use. Lovable intro video and...sheesh, who isn't going to fall in love with our little snotty feline friend?

I think it's pretty obvious how awesome I think the game is.

And that's where my personal preferences come in. I would kill to see a premium version of this with one currency and no timers. If you do freemium however, you need to play this. A long time ago I would've probably said the F2P model was gross, but nah...this is just how all games are now. That said, it's never in your face and with some patience, you'll never have to spend a dime. Yes, Monster Shooter 2 is a freemium game and doesn't try to disguise itself by having a price. For absolutely nothing, you're getting one hell of a game. How well this is received will determine if a premium version is worth making, but the way I see it...along with The Lost Levels, a premium version of this will be a "you're the biggest idiot in the entire world for not owning this" release.

Good stuff. Definitely check this out on the 1st of August!

18. sugimulm

Game Impressions

Kenken 11 and MetalCasket have really explained and wrote really detailed impressions, all I can is my own personal experience, which is to say, FRIGGIN AWESOME! I pray and hope Gamelion do release a premium version, I will definitely invest in that.

Graphically, beautiful and animated like butter. There are three graphics settings ok, awesome, and mind-blowing (playing on mind-blowing, iPhone 5) and no issues or troubles thus far.

Sound, if you loved the first, you will love this one.

Gameplay, new missions, boss battles, new enemies! Just simply awesome! If you are DSS fan, you will love this! Played a few levels and feel like the cash is generous, even for a freemium, the timers on the other hand, not a fan, but on a mobile device in the go, no issue.

My personal conclusion, absolutely love this, still love the first one (premium on still on my iDevices) and still playing today. This one blows my mind and the added features and graphics offer fans a great sequel, August 1st can't come soon enough! Please, oh please, release a premium version!

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i'm really looking forward to playing this game

20. sugimulm

If you loved the first, you will love this one even more... Premium (if they release one, of course)