GameClub Monster Wars (by Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    The controls seem to be improved from the first game (which I never got used to). Game is rather crashy on my ipod 4th gen though. On iOS 5 as well.

2. JGary321

JGary321 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Anyone been able to beat 4-10? I can't even phase the wizard. His attack slaughters me & none of my guys manage to put much of a dent in him. Any Suggestions?

3. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hi,

It's a bug we have with IOS 4. The update was submitted on Monday so we hope it will be ready very soon.

We tested mostly with IOS 5 and icloud, and it seemed to work on ios 4 and iphone 4 until it got into the level.

If you don't update to IOS 5, then a fix should be ready in the next few days.

We apologize for the inconvenience, If your indie game development, these things can sneak in on launch even with all the testing in the world.

you should upgrade to IOS 5 though!

4. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    You can play either one first, though I think Monster Wars is a bit more challenging later on.

The Necro and her pets rule. The fact that she can heal anyone closer to herself is also a cool bonus.

I prefer the hack and slash light elements to the side scrolling personally, but some people liked the running levels better.

Monster Wars has both and its fun being monsters, so I'd say go through that first :)

5. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    We did test with ipod 4 touch. I think with a lot of apps in the background, it may cause the game to crash. We will continue to improve it since it seems a small portion of people experience crashing. It's not every ipod 4g which makes it hard to test for.

We did put a save instant before crash so you should never loose your data

6. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    We have a fix on it already submitted Monday and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Some people love the action levels, some don't. We noticed kids especially at Macworld loved using the tougher characters in hackslash.

There are only a few levels that are action based (7 I believe). And they are over in a minute or two. At least you get a easy and quick way to earn gems :)

I'm glad your enjoying the rest of it. It gets really challenging around end of world 4 to world 6.

cheers

7. agantacroxi

agantacroxi Active Member

Aug 3, 2011
    6-10 Strategy?

The game is really great, the only bad thing is that you have to buy many units with soulstones
    (imp, medusa, troll, spidey, necromancer, lich...)
    . I've already upgraded deadknight to tier 3 and he looks great :) Loving the lich, I use it on any level! Skyhaven is great, even if I wasn't able to experience the
    Cyclop
    's special, 'cause I killed them before :D Now I'm at 6-10 which is really impossible because the phoenix
    resurrects first from tier 3 to tier 4 to tier 5...
    . If anyone passed the level, I wouldn't mind if you'd tell me how you did it! :eek:

8. JGary321

JGary321 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Agan how did you pass 4-10? I hardly do any damage to the big wizard dude. He slaughters my guys. Any suggestions?

9. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    I you will get lots of stones for beating the game. and there are challenges in modes to get them ( 33 to be exact) and were adding 10 more with the arena update.

6-10 is tough, took us a few tries to beat it for sure. But it should be. 6-9 was built to make it light hearted and now you gotta show off your true skills ;) We've had a few people already beat it on our FB page.

Lich is also one of my fav and absolutely rips it up in endless action levels. I say go get some challenges and maybe tier him or another high damage unit before trying again.

Glad to hear your enjoying it! sounds like you put lots of time into it ha. Also a good sneak peak to our tier 5 units for Legendary Wars.

10. Luc-dabomba

Luc-dabomba Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    So I absolutely love this game and Legendary wars an I was was wondering when the update to fix level 1-8 for the IOS 4 will be coming out?:D

11. whereswally

whereswally Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thx for the info, updated last night.
    Just passed 1-8. :) movin to other level now
    Thx again for the quick response guys

12. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Hey! You can update to IOS 5 now and pass it.

We submitted the IOS 4 update that fixes 1-8 on Monday, so maybe tomorrow (crossing fingers) If not probably Monday.

cheers!

13. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Just picked up this game. I wasn't a big fan of the first Legendary Wars, but i'm really digging this one. Dunno if it's because i'm playing the monsters or that the controls has gotten better.

14. agantacroxi

Aug 3, 2011
    Complaints

Although I like this game a lot I have some complaints:
    1. Even if I won against the Golem King, I haven't received the Golem Smasher achievement yet.
    2. Even if I won against the Sky Wizard, I haven't received the Sky Wizard achievement yet.
    3. I finally mastered 6-10 (second play)! The only problem is that the game crashed just after beating the Sun Phoenix... I received lots of gems and soulstones, but hard campaign wasn't unlocked and I didn't receive the Sun Phoenix achievement nor the Normal Victory achievement.
    4. Does the game get harder each time you restart? I experienced it before, but in 6-10 I have the evidence: in the first play, I've only been attacked by
    tier 4 dwarfes, tier 4 elfs, tier 4 wizards, tier 4 healers, tier 4 knights and obviously the tier 3-4-5 phoenix.
    , in the second game also a
    Cyclop
    appeared, in the third game the magma phoenix came and attacked me, in the fourth game three
    Cyclops
    attacked... What am I going to expect in the fifth?

Just two questions... Is the
    cyclop
    the tier 5 golem? Will the tier 5 unicorn be available in LW 2.0?

Thanks for developing! :)

PS: sorry for my English errors... :eek:

15. agantacroxi

Aug 3, 2011
    In the fifth try I was attacked by
    a cyclop and the whole pillars defencing group

16. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    I remember back in Legendary Wars the same thing happened. There was an update which made the game unplayable and again it was due to the omission of a file when you submitted the app. As a result people couldn't play the game for a week.

Seriously, do you guys have QC issues? How can a mistake like this be made? You guys spent 8 months on this project but won't bother to spend 80 more minutes to make sure the game is uploaded properly. (chksum?)

I still bought the game, just like I paid for legendary wars because its a great bang for the buck. Nonetheless as developers I hope you are guys do your due diligence instead of having this kind of problems over and over.

I have more than 600 apps and your game was the only app that I have seen became unplayable after an update due to a bad submission.

17. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    great game. glad i purchased it.

18. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Wow you went through it fast! already beat first playthrough, nice!
    to answer some questions:

1. We will look into the achievement issues!
    2. Thats terrible, what device were you playing? if the difficulty was not unlocked thats a bug. What device and IOS did you play on?

3. The game should not get harder but does have a variety of units that come out, there is a low chance the Cyclops will show up, but sometimes he will depending on a small random chance. The phoenix will only come attack you if you hit it first on purpose, or not.)

4. the tier 5 Unicorn Pegasus will be added in an update and to Legendary Wars 2.0. I can't comment on the other questions just yet.

cheers and we will continue to update until those bugs are gone :)

19. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thank you!

If you like it we do appreciate reviews. We plan a few major updates coming soon! including the monster arena

20. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    QA is def important, but things can get overlooked when your a small indie team. We tested those levels many times, but in development in general, one fix can effect the rest.

Not sure if you read reviews regularly, but almost any major release I've seen has had bugs including some that won't let certain devices play. And actually it was fixed and live on the appstore for the 50 people that downloaded it on Monday. 2 days not a week.

If we were a big publisher then we could afford a whole QA team, but since were just a few friends doing this (some not full time) it got missed. And we took care of it immediately.

Thanks for supporting us, and I think 18 Free updates later on Legendary Wars, our fans know we are committed to them.